Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland Housewives XIII

I can't review it, I'm not up to this episode yet. Sadly, my connection makes reading them time consuming and as I wait for the next picture to load, I've already read the caption. Sometimes that ruins the effect. Until I make the effort to download the lot of them locally, I will continue to fall behind... :'-(

I can say this ... if your big concern is the photography, I bet it's fine. The tiny sample shot you provided looks great, bondagariffic even! >:-)

You take such great pictures normally that these could be half out of focus, from weird angles, and too dark and still be better than what most people take, and I mean that. We'd just say that it was a creative phase you were in. Hinckley Noir, perhaps.

Noir ... Suddenly I'm hoping for a flashback episode of the Whacker and the Walrus. Set years earlier, all filmed in magically mysterious black and white, explaining the deep dark secret no one dares speak of... oooh. Please feel free to steal this idea, heck, I really hope you do! Go on, you know you want to, all the other kids are doin' it ;-)

SPOILERS ON

I'm up to scene 10 so i've seen two of the muffin scenes. :-P How did you get in the crate? I love Marty's Star Wars collection. :-P

I can't review it, I'm not up to this episode yet. Sadly, my connection makes reading them time consuming and as I wait for the next picture to load, I've already read the caption. Sometimes that ruins the effect. Until I make the effort to download the lot of them locally, I will continue to fall behind... :'-(

I can say this ... if your big concern is the photography, I bet it's fine. The tiny sample shot you provided looks great, bondagariffic even! >:-)

You take such great pictures normally that these could be half out of focus, from weird angles, and too dark and still be better than what most people take, and I mean that. We'd just say that it was a creative phase you were in. Hinckley Noir, perhaps.

Noir ... Suddenly I'm hoping for a flashback episode of the Whacker and the Walrus. Set years earlier, all filmed in magically mysterious black and white, explaining the deep dark secret no one dares speak of... oooh. Please feel free to steal this idea, heck, I really hope you do! Go on, you know you want to, all the other kids are doin' it ;-)

I love the noir idea and will use it. Welcome to the credits of W/W sir! *sweet*

Sinner, I think that is all that you are in this episode. You have more in the next episode, but your part is much bigger than it was originally supposed to be. That is all because I met you, of course. The captain was always going to be emotionally unstable but not quite so muffin-y. The mafia was going to catch Randy on the docks, but now you have...so I wonder what will happen :-P Walker has made his way from a one episode guest shot to a two-season through line.

Only Walker knows how that body got in the crate... :-D

Spoilers below. Ye have been warned.

Another nice addition. I didn't notice any difference in the photography...

It's nice to see that another FBI agent has joined the mix. I'm not sure if she will be as on top of things as Ernest was, but she will certainly help. Although at this rate, I'm sure how many civilians will be left alive by the time they catch the killer(s). If they do at all. 8-

I love the noir idea and will use it. Welcome to the credits of W/W sir! *sweet*

A true honour, yay me! *y*

Sinner, *snip* your part is much bigger than it was originally *snip* because I met you

Nope, not saying a word. Not a single word... :-P

Creative Editing On!

Oh, and post edited because I really despise the quoting system here. Grrr.

Edited by imperialshadows

Possible Spoiler Warning!! There, now you know :-P

Spoilers below. Ye have been warned.

Another nice addition. I didn't notice any difference in the photography...

It's nice to see that another FBI agent has joined the mix. I'm not sure if she will be as on top of things as Ernest was, but she will certainly help. Although at this rate, I'm sure how many civilians will be left alive by the time they catch the killer(s). If they do at all. 8-

On the subject of walruses; is it recomended to remove fabuland heads? Do they go back in easily without damage? 8-| I only ask you because I know you have done it before...

...and I am condsidering giving myself eye surgery so I have your preferred eyes. :-P (I just noticed; that picture has one of the older eyes.)

Great! *wub* I much prefer the old eyes. You will of course have to suffer a horrible eye injury in the comic in order to explain your cosmetic surgery.

Most of the time the heads come off all right. I have had two necks crack. Out of hundreds of figures, that is. If a head is replaced too many times, the neck hole gets larger and the head becomes loose. Some newer figures the head comes off of the neck whereas the older figures always come off at the torso. So you may remove your freaky eyeball head only to realize the old head didn't come off the same way and now you have either two male or two female ends. A very steady hand can get the neck out with pliers (needlenose preferably). This is a good way to shatter the neck although the two necks I broke didn't happen with pliers. I hope it doesn't come down to pliers. If you can't get the older head on the newer body, just PM me. I have another solution you could use...

Announcer: When we last joined Fabuland Veterinarian's Hospital...

Nurse Collette: Doctor, doctor, this is terrible!

Doctor Hinckley: What happened nurse? Did we lose the patient?

Nurse Collette: Worse, his insurance was turned down!

Doctor Hinckley: *gasp*

Sinner (still groggy): What's going on here? I have no body!

Doctor Hinckley: At least you didn't lose your head over it!

*everyone laughs*

Sinner: That isn't funny, I need my body, it's very useful!

Nurse Collette: Funny, doesn't do a thing for me!

*everyone laughs*

Sinner: I'm serious!

Doctor Hinckley: Really? Well I'm Doctor Hinckley, but you can just call me when my tee time is up!

*everyone almost laughs, Sinner groans*

Doctor Hinckley: Nurse, prepare the anesthesia!

Nurse Collette: *grabs an oar*

Sinner: Aren't there any other options?

Doctor Hinckley: It's this, oar nothing at all!

*everyone laughs*

Announcer (as everyone looks around for the mysterious voice coming from out of the shadows): That concludes another exciting episode of Fabuland Veterinarian's Hospital! Next week we'll hear:

Doctor Hinckley: I once lost a patient in Cleveland.

Nurse Collette: You've never even been to Cleveland.

Doctor Hinckley: I know, it came as quite a shock to me too!

*everyone laughs*

*camera fades*

Announcer: When we last joined Fabuland Veterinarian's Hospital...

Nurse Collette: Doctor, doctor, this is terrible!

[snip]

even been to Cleveland.

Doctor Hinckley: I know, it came as quite a shock to me too!

*everyone laughs*

*camera fades*

It's about time someone spoofed the muppets! I loved that show growing up and I was so sad when they cancelled it. They used to replay the episodes on NBC at 5:30 am and I used to wake up just to watch it! :-D :-D Ah, the age before rabid DVD purchasing.

You may also find it interesting to know that I switch the arms and legs on characters too. Here is a good example of characters made from switching around the parts:

gladys_baxter.jpg

It can be an aggravating process as the legs are held in with a bar. I also did some window surgeries:

fabuland_038.jpg

The wall piece there, red with the blue window was never produced by LEGO. I made it by combining two using an xacto knife and super glue...I've done that in a couple other places too. Franklin & Holly's House is a great example.

phew! just read all 13 episodes up to date and i'm hucked!!! :-D they are amazing really shown me how great fabuland is I need to get some figures!

My favorite characters are probably either Gavin (so cute lol) or Brody(he gets the job done, well not really!) I also like the way no one seems to appreciate Bianca's narrating :-D

I hope you continue with these great episodes, though they must take ages, especially when you are also creating the whacker and the walrus! I liked you putting yourself in the work, very hitchcock! :-P

Sinners cat friend (if that is suppose to be sinner) is she suppose to be holding the lego ice cube tray? X-D

I love the muffins aswell. well done!

Nose to the grindstone and all that, I've finally caught up!

So now, I will give my lengthy scene by scene review of every episode up to the present.

As we join our story, we see ...

*scene fades out and fades back in, 18 1/2 hours later*

... and that was the shocker of the episode, another murder in Fabuland. Some cliffhanger, eh?

There you have it, a complete recap of the series. Don't forget to check out those special cameo appearances by the Whacker and the Walrus, more or less, and sometimes less is more!

Ok ok, real review. LOVED IT! I'd marry it but it's illegal here. Seriously. I don't watch TV, I don't go to new movies, I don't like that current crap they call music (not much of it), but this is sheer brilliance. From this point forward, my entire pop culture experience will be Fabuland Housewives, long may it continue!

I really do like it that much. It's compelling. It's twisted. It's really cool looking. The jokes work exactly the way my mind works, which is both scary and oddly comforting.

Did I mention I like it? :-$