YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

As one of the best toy company In world,Lego has made many sets that blow our mind,like the 10188 Death Star,10179 UCS Millenium Falcon,and more.But is that the best Lego can do?What Lego sets ( or theme)that you wish to be happen?Post your answers here according to your favour.

For me,I hope that Lego can make they own Lego Transformers set,but sadly it's impossible.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Well, my dream theme is on, already (Speed Champions), so... I guess Technic sets that aren't vehicles or heavy equipment.

For me I'd say Thunderbirds - cools models with plenty of scope to make our own pod machines/diroamas and just have a load of fun!

For me I'd say Thunderbirds - cools models with plenty of scope to make our own pod machines/diroamas and just have a load of fun!

A Gerry Anderson theme would be cool. There are so many models in his various productions like Space 1999, UFO, etc.

Ratchet & Clank.

There's a movie coming out next year, so maybe.

And LEGO has worked with Sony before, if I recall correctly, so the chances aren't 0%, although it doesn't seem all too likely right now.

For me,I hope that Lego can make they own Lego Transformers set!

I'm sure that would be neat, but there's essentially zero chance of it happening. Transformers is not just an entertainment property that happens to have toys, but a toy brand first and foremost, and it's owned by one of LEGO's top competitors (and one which has its own line of LEGO-like construction toys, at that). For LEGO to license Transformers from Hasbro would be like Volkswagen getting a license from Ford to make Mustangs. Neither company is interested in such a thing.

Since Hasbro owns both Transformers and Kre-O (their own line of LEGO-like construction sets), they can (and do) make Transformers Kre-O sets already. They have no interest in giving up their own rights to make their own construction toys from one of their other most popular properties in order to let their biggest competitor have the rights instead. And LEGO doesn't want to have a theme that promotes the products of one of its own major competitors.

With the release of the Revan polybag, I'm half-holding out hopes that someday we might see a four LU-themed polybags, each containing one of the four faction leaders.

My ultimate dream theme would be a Venture League CMF lineup, but that's beyond unlikely.

With the release of the Revan polybag, I'm half-holding out hopes that someday we might see a four LU-themed polybags, each containing one of the four faction leaders.

My ultimate dream theme would be a Venture League CMF lineup, but that's beyond unlikely.

I've always wanted an Epsilon Starcracker figure, (not one of the main 4) his unique blaster would be epic to have. but I also agree I would love to see a full fledged LU CMF line though it would be hard to pick which figs (aside from the main 4) would go into a CFM line.

I would love to see a wave or two (or three...) of Lord of the Rings CMFs. All the Fellowship, tons of soldier types from different factions, the bad guys, etc. That or a nice Minas Tirith set with army builder, a Balrog, an Oliphant, and a Witch King on Fel Beast vs Eowyn set are all top picks of mine if a third wave were ever done.

If we are talking new properties, then Game of Thrones. I know the chances of it happening are zero due to the mature content, but I think it would be cool seeing the dragons, White Walkers and wrights, dire wolves, and of course all the main characters and their armies/houses.

First, I'd like to second Covenant84 and Dr_Spock's suggestions for a Gerry Anderson Theme; Space:1999, UFO and Thunderbirds were the inspiration for many of the MOCs I made growing up and I've love a Star Wars style treatment of those in official kits.

And speaking of Spocks, while I know legalities get in the way, but Original Star Trek, Next Gen, DS9, etc. are just teeming with examples of ships and locations that would make a fantastic Star Trek Universe theme. Ignoring for the moment the recent JJ Abrams ret-con, the Star Trek franchise of prior TV series has such a wide variety of popular and iconic ship designs TLG could go for a few years before repeating subject matters.

And for a rehash of an old theme, I was really fond of the old Discovery Space theme with models of the lunar lander, mars rover, etc. Given the popularity of realistic space-related models on Lego Ideas, I wish they'd revisit this subject matter as an ongoing theme with kits like the ISS, Hubble, various space probes and rovers, etc. At a small scale, these kits could be the space geeks answer tot he Architecture series, at larger scale these could be cool Technic creations.

I'd like to see a "Civic Open Space" subtheme (yeah that name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue), featuring things like ornamental gardens, meadows, playgrounds and even zoos. This would be great for many reasons:

• It would complement City layouts dominated by buildings (and maybe reduce "Urban Heat Islands"!)
  • Landscaping in general is something that seems to be under-represented in official sets
  • An Arboretum in an autumn setting would get some hard-to-find plant part colours into builders' hands
  • Minifig kids need to go play outside and stop bothering their Minifig parents!

I'd love to hear some non-licensed ideas. That seems like all lego does now. Anyways, I'd like to see a historic theme with Romans or based on Greek mythology. I think that would be great!

I think old licenses from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s that don't have new content are not a great idea as kids won't necessarily know about them. If it's ubiquitous that's fine but not things that older people just reminisce about.

I'd like to see:

- A hard fanstasy styled theme, like D&D, LotR, Elder Scrolls, WoW, etc. but not licensed.

- A more hard sci-fi styled theme as well, something aimed at a bit higher age group, say 11 and up, so it's not so silly with giant guns. Something more along the lines of Mass Effect, Galactica, etc. with a good story line to back it up. Star Wars is cool but it feels like it stifles other opportunities. I guess we have to live with that for the greater good of Lego.

- A science theme that teaches chemistry and let's you build molecules.

- Improvements to Technic to make it more high tech with better LED lights, RC and/or Bluetooth control bricks, high power motors for making fast vehicles, and associated Apple/Android/Windows/Linux apps. Luckily third parties are working well on some of this.

- A natural world theme with models of animals, plants, fish, environmental concepts, more like the Lego Ideas birds set.

Edited by Naijel

Microcity scaled theme (more or less like LEGO factory 10 years ago) WITH 1 stud wide train/monorail track system , motorized.

A Super Mario theme.

Some useful curves and swiches for the track system.

I agree, a tie in with Nintendo and all their great IP would be fantastic!

Mobile Suit Gundam, for sure - although I think Megablocks may have the license. According to Amazon, you can get a couple of Megablocks-branded kits, though they seem to be in short supply and relatively expensive. There's also a couple of one-offs from other brick-building companies, like Nanoblock.

Anyways, I'd like to see a historic theme with Romans or based on Greek mythology. I think that would be great!

I would enjoy that as well. Something like the old Ray Harryhausen films with the clay creatures would be great (Jason and the Argonaughts, Clash of the Titans, etc.), but more general and focused on the soldiers and mythology.

A studio theme! Examples: Camera cars, studios, filming crews. Everything that belongs to professional filming. I don't think something like that would be a successful theme but it would be cool! Imagine a set with a car chase filming with a sport car and a camera car. Or a large studio that you could modify for own movie making!

Freight subtheme for city: container transport with trains and trucks compatible, warehouses, harbours, container ships, cargo planes.

Special transport: train transport, windmill transport, MULTIWHEELERS!!!!!!! I don't know why i like them so much but i want one!!!

Travelling theme: touringcars, bus terminal, campers,

Not really a theme but different train related things: shunters, shunting yard, terminus stations,

MARIO KART!!! I would love to see mario kart as a lego theme!!

Edited by THERIZE

A non-battle based animal theme with Chima style heads, but more of a modern City theme with houses and families and... basically Fabuland mark 2 please.

Also, a new space theme that isn't Star Wars. That would be nice too.

Ooh, and some Danger Mouse sets to go with the new cartoon. That would be awesome (and hugely unlikely).

A football theme with licenses on the players likenesses. Basically make stadiums such as Santiago Bernabeu and the Emirates, plus an assortment of the teams. Mostly do it on the more important teams. I think those sets would sell well, especially if they use the old feature of the Lego Sports theme.

I would also like to see several old sets being re-released.