just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Does anyone think we'll get the armored Batman?

I do, lego did a decent job on the man of steel armored figs. Also lego likes new batman variations right?

I hope so two as I'm not a fan of the look of this batman, an armored fig might look a lot better. As for sets I think we could get 6.

You'd think that since the movie is about and called Batman V Superman, that the sets based off of the movie would feature the suit Batman uses to fight Superman, so I think at least one set will include Batman's Power Suit.

Edited by Mr_KnowItAll_JD23

You'd think that since the movie is about and called Batman V Superman, that the sets based off of the movie would feature the suit Batman uses to fight Superman, so I think at least one set will include Batman's Power Suit.

Ha, it'd be awesome if the smallest set has Batman in that suit vs. Superman! :classic:

Ha, it'd be awesome if the smallest set has Batman in that suit vs. Superman! :classic:

You know something, don't you? :laugh:

Edited by Mr_KnowItAll_JD23

That's a great idea, maybe with the bat signal as the main build of the set with some sort of destruction feature perhaps, kind of like what they did with MOS's smallest set: two main combatants and something for their battle to destroy, the bat signal we've seen in the latest photo would make PERFECT sense here.

Does anyone think we'll get the armored Batman?

I think they will make one because this armor is important in the b v s scene?

If the suit is a new part and not printed I don't think it will be in the cheapest set but it would be a great set if it did happen.

Better picture of the Batmobile set:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8CD7p_O6Vgs/VZafZEVdQ5I/AAAAAAAAqUI/lAC1jqLxPRA/s1600/San%2BDiego%2BComic-Con%2B2015%2BFirst%2BLook%2B-%2BLEGO%2BDC%2BSuper%2BHeroes%2BBatman%2Bv%2BSuperman%2BDawn%2Bof%2BJustice%2BBatmobile%2BSet.jpg

Looks like no stubble on batman at least in this CG image, some sort of fabric design on his torso which looks accurate. I'm not sure about the yellow belt, i'm hoping its darker gold on the physical figure, I was really hoping for darker actual eyes for this version as he's the Batman of DCCU and using the white eyes makes him look a bit too similar to other batman figures. What I liked about the Batman Begins one that was in the tumbler was that it had a unique face, if we're just stuck with the usual bruce wayne head for Affleck then that's very disappointing as Affleck looks nothing like the superheroes head, he's far more bestubbled and his face is very different, I hope this is only for the CG image like a placeholder and that if we get a batcave it'll come with an Affleck bruce wayne or at least an interchangeable head for the batsuit. If they go the ant man route and just use recycled heads for bruce and lex that'll be a real cop out. The bruce wayne head works for bale's version as he was clean shaven and chiselled, in fact i'd argue that the bruce wayne head was based on bale as was the hair, either way I hope they don't just reuse it for Affleck.

Edited by legofreak86

^ Please tell lego about your concern so they get that people want our movie based figs to look like the actors does in the movies.

^ Please tell lego about your concern so they get that people want our movie based figs to look like the actors does in the movies.

I'm sorry if it comes across as a bit of a moan but its just a bit annoying how they do this so well on Star wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, MOS, Avengers, Pirates Of The Caribbean HECK even the Lone Ranger but they still revert back to recycling heads on Ant Man and possibly by the looks of it BVS. Sorry for the rant.

I'm sorry if it comes across as a bit of a moan but its just a bit annoying how they do this so well on Star wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, MOS, Avengers, Pirates Of The Caribbean HECK even the Lone Ranger but they still revert back to recycling heads on Ant Man and possibly by the looks of it BVS. Sorry for the rant.

No I completely agree, and it should be moaned about.

I have a feeling lego thinks all of the supeheroe themes is jsut about making comic lookign characters and not movie actors. It's frustrating

Though Russel crowe face was great, but that didn't even appear in the sets.

Yeah agree that because SH is more of a crossover with comics and films the line is very different from thing like LOTR.

I desperately want a Batman with stubble. I don't understand why we get bearded characters in city sets but not in licensed. Aldrich Killian's awful figure had none and neither did the Lone Ranger, despite them both having stubble. I suppose I'll just get a Sharpie and do my own :sadnew:

On a lighter note, after seeing the lines on the new batman, I looked up pics of the suit and all the lines are quite accurate. Strange how this fig and the Burton versions are both so faithful but the Nolan suit was so inaccurate.

Agreed, it's about time we get a stubble Batman head which is available for EVERYONE to get. So far the only stubble Batman head is on the Zur-En-Arrh SDCC minifigure and I'm not even going to even see how much he goes for on Ebay.

Just want to remind everyone...

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors

1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

"they were discussing the rumors of a new sets"

This is a thread for rumors.

Not wishlists...Not for shooting down information that has yet to be confirmed...Not arguments; who here again actually works for LEGO?

So, if anyone would like to add news, or rumors that they can confirm with a source, by all means, feel free to post them. However, if this thread continues on it's current path...Eurobricks might be short a few members real quick.

Cool?

Super!

STAY ON TRACK PLEASE!!!

This thread will not get as twisted as the 2015 thread did.

Better picture of the Batmobile set:

http://2.bp.blogspot...tmobile+Set.jpg

Looks like no stubble on batman at least in this CG image, some sort of fabric design on his torso which looks accurate. I'm not sure about the yellow belt, i'm hoping its darker gold on the physical figure, I was really hoping for darker actual eyes for this version as he's the Batman of DCCU and using the white eyes makes him look a bit too similar to other batman figures. What I liked about the Batman Begins one that was in the tumbler was that it had a unique face, if we're just stuck with the usual bruce wayne head for Affleck then that's very disappointing as Affleck looks nothing like the superheroes head, he's far more bestubbled and his face is very different, I hope this is only for the CG image like a placeholder and that if we get a batcave it'll come with an Affleck bruce wayne or at least an interchangeable head for the batsuit. If they go the ant man route and just use recycled heads for bruce and lex that'll be a real cop out. The bruce wayne head works for bale's version as he was clean shaven and chiselled, in fact i'd argue that the bruce wayne head was based on bale as was the hair, either way I hope they don't just reuse it for Affleck.

I do hope that CG image isn't completely final, but it looks pretty polished. If it is the finished product, I can deal with the head. I can always get a stubbled face and add white on it for the eyes. What really bothers me is the belt color. Why is it so bright? Even the most recent comic figures had a golden belt. His belt in the movie is so dark, people thought it wasn't even gold at first. That's something that's not easily fixed with a new piece, so I'll be disappointed if the final product turns out just like this one.

Batmobile looks awesome, and the big bat symbol is growing on me! Can't wait to see the rest of this set :classic:

One thing i just noticed on that Batmobile, if that part that's directly behind the stud shooters a new part, i can see it looks to be stickered, but the angle of it is making me question if it's anew shaped tile.

The cockpit windshield is two separate molds there is a split between the two halfs I think that means it will open up ways like in the movie

The cockpit windshield is two separate molds there is a split between the two halfs I think that means it will open up ways like in the movie

Yep the description highlghts doors that open as a feature and you can see thers kindof a gap behidn the mold to allow space for the studs when opening up.

Yeah that new 'arrow tile' doesent make the most sense in this set the way it's positioned but I iamgine it has vital importance in some other sets coming up.

The moderator is going to pin this topic on top?

No, the moderators are trying something new, but it may just be temporary.

The moderator is going to pin this topic on top?

Not likely. Instead of having a lot of pinned topics, there will primarily be one pinned topic that contains everything that should be pinned like Main Street and the Pirate Master Index. The two topics pinned right now is the contest and The Licensed Tower. The Licensed Tower contains links to all of the Rumor & Discussion topics, Set Reviews, etc. Also, all of the Rumor & Discussion topics contain the same 'Rumor & Discussion' tag. Click on one of the tags, and a list of all Rumor & Discussion topics are listed and when you're in one R&D topic, others will be shown at the bottom of the screen on the non-mobile site.