just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I understand.

I think the big thing people aren't liking is the large studded wall, but I heard the idea that it's for scaling the wall with the rope...not likely, though. I'll texture it up a bit. The only other issue is that this set needs to be a playset, but I'm not seeing much functionality here, besides the possibility of something in the reactor. I do love the office (which seems like it could be its own vignette if removed) and the classic vehicles, but I want more to convince me that this will make me feel no regret when I get it.

Wow! This is a big surprise! I was expecting the cave to be bright and colorful because it's based on the '66 series, but this is nice and dark. I absolutely LOVE the exterior of Wayne manor (and sorta satisfies my need for a Wayne manor set). I will buy this, even with the ugly wall.

I'd like to see a close-up of that Deadshot figure. He looks cool but I still can't distinguish whether that's some cheesy grin or just his printing.

And do we think we'll see the 2 Summer sets at NY Toy Fair like how we saw 76034 and 76035 there last year?

And do we think we'll see the 2 Summer sets at NY Toy Fair like how we saw 76034 and 76035 there last year?

Yes, and we should be getting descriptions of the sets (builds, figures, confirmation on price, and possibly play-features) at London Toy Fair (Jan 24th - 26th).

The build looks ugly, it isn't even accurate to the show (the poles should be to the left of the reactor which should be to the left of the door, not the other way around), and I'm not a huge fan of '66 Batman. Easily a pass for me.

I have to agree, though I won't pass. Hopefully the three "sections" will be modular and we can switch sides for the poles. I think the overall color scheme should have been darker, and I don't think they pulled the reactor off as well as I'd hoped.

It's a first day buy for me. Then to wait out the over the top exaggerated nostalgia and look forward to the next wave.

I'd like to see a close-up of that Deadshot figure. He looks cool but I still can't distinguish whether that's some cheesy grin or just his printing.

I can 110% confirm that Deadshot has no grin. Just the way those metal plates were printed. Can't remember where I saw the photos, but there were real close photos floating of him and Harley maybe a week or so ago. Probably were linked on here, if not it was on Reddit...

I can 110% confirm that Deadshot has no grin. Just the way those metal plates were printed. Can't remember where I saw the photos, but there were real close photos floating of him and Harley maybe a week or so ago. Probably were linked on here, if not it was on Reddit...

Probably the ones just2good released.

Edit: Here's that, and yes, you can see that he doesn't have a grin.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

If the picture has been removed, are we no longer allowed to discuss it? Sorry if this is a dumb question

We haven't been told by the moderators not to and we've had discussions on here before about images that were removed (pretty much with every new set), so we should be fine

Edited by psqidexslizer248

You can only vaguely discuss it if you change all the names, don't mention anything specific, and only talk in first-person.

Nemo says: no it's fine, discuss on. :wink:

I'm wondering how accurate the printing is going to be, especially on the faces (Joker springs to mind immediately). Hopefully it captures Romero's ridiculously brilliant little moustache.

Certianly looking forward to 76053 more than any of the first 8 sets of Winter/Spring. Hopefully it's out earlier than the Winter Sets, which are still not up. Hope the Scarecrow and Croc sets are good, because I'm really looking forward to both of these, especially now we're getting some wider choice of bat-villains such as Deadshot and Deathstroke.

On the back of the box, you can see the same hand drawn picture of Batman and Robin we saw a while back. Guess that was an accurate representation.

First off, it looks great. The vehicles, the study, and the cave itself all look wonderful. The characters are also great, and I look forward to seeing them in higher resolution. I'm fine with the use of the fireman poles, despite their height. What I don't get is why the exterior would be coated in tiles, but the interior has a naked plate. If there's a surface that should be coated in exposed studs, it should be the building facade, in order to recreate the celebrity window scenes. Is there some rationale for the way they've done this that I don't understand?

Sooo... we can still post this, as LEGO did it themselves:

That should be the exact look for Adam West Batman!

To be honest, for those complaining about the stud wall, you could get some flat tile pieces and make it flat if you have the pieces for it of course. But I think it adds to the cave entrance effect.

I'm wondering how accurate the printing is going to be, especially on the faces (Joker springs to mind immediately). Hopefully it captures Romero's ridiculously brilliant little moustache.

from what I know, you should be quite happy Edited by Fightingswords

I don't see the problem with the stud wall. It doesn't look bad to me, like the back of the Firehouse. The only alternative would have been to have tall posts with no wall, which could have been fine too, but hey that will be an easy mod. I'm very happy not to pay for rock work detailing.

Anybody hoping this set will be priced like Arkham, you're unfortunately in for a shock. This set has 2526 pieces and will cost USD 270.

I don't see the problem with the stud wall. It doesn't look bad to me, like the back of the Firehouse. The only alternative would have been to have tall posts with no wall, which could have been fine too, but hey that will be an easy mod. I'm very happy not to pay for rock work detailing.

Anybody hoping this set will be priced like Arkham, you're unfortunately in for a shock. This set has 2526 pieces and will cost USD 270.

Ouch...this set makes the Ghostbusters HQ set look cheap! 4600+ pieces for $350 lol. Too bad I spent all $70 worth of VIP points on the Tumbler! Ooopsies...

Ooff...a bit overpriced.

We don't know the price yet. If it's Tumbler price, I'm with you, but if it's the Asylum price, I think it's a pretty good deal for 9 minifigs and our first Classic TV Series stuff. Actually, could this be our only Classic TV Series set? Not that I'm complaining to be honest.

EDIT: $270?!?! That's about £180-£190 for the set! That's ridiculous. I'm sorry but I'm only buying that if it gets reduced, which it won't as a D2C. With the Merlin discount, if it's £180 I could get it for £160 at the LEGO Store at LEGOLAND, which then isn't a bad deal for 2526 pieces for £160 in the end. But I will not be getting that set full price.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7