Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

Model Team: Ferris Wheel

As some of you have noticed in the thread for the Mini Truck, I have a little Ferris Wheel on one of the trailers (and the top of the wheel on another)

1windyrk1.jpg

The top is lifted using a crane like this one, a pin is inserted in the middle, 4 1x4 plates complete the wheel and the chain is lifted into place. It can all be done in a minute.

5trucks_front_left.jpg_thumb.jpg 4lowerhalf.jpg_thumb.jpg 3closeup_rear.jpg_thumb.jpg 4setup.jpg_thumb.jpg 4motor.jpg_thumb.jpg

The ferris wheel is motorized and the gearing can be changed. Minifigs can purchase tickets and there is space for a couple in each bucket. The mechanism is quite tough, so you can easily have minifigs climbing the sides or hang over the edges of the bucket (which was seen at Klodsfest 2007)

3entry.jpg_thumb.jpg 3extrastorage.jpg_thumb.jpg 3line.jpg_thumb.jpg 3police.jpg_thumb.jpg 3robbers.jpg_thumb.jpg

(BrickShelf gallery)

Edited by Lasse D

Awsome work man... How long did it take you to build? How many mifigs it seat? Oh and Can I have a ride? :-P

I have admired this in the past. *wub* I tried to make something similar (I might post pictures afterwoods) but I ran out of pieces so it is only half finished. I might try to make mine again at a smaller scale and I doubt it will ever approach the perfection of yours. :'-(

Thanks for posting this.

This is the best funfair/funpark ride I have ever seen! Beautiful! *y* *y*

All those details are just right, I really like the way you made the turning mechanism with that big chain and all the gears... Wow.

I too tried to make a big Ferriswheel once, using only plates and it worked out... not that great: I couldn't find a decent way of attaching the wheel to the stand and moreover I had not enough bricks back then to make more than three buckets...

You show however that it's possible to construct such a ride.

*wub*

> Stauder@55

This creation took about a week of building. I bought an extra Crawler Crane to get the parts, so there was actually quite a bit of planning ahead on this one. With 2 minifigs/bucket and 12 buckets, that should be 5000 minifigs |-/ Then think there will not be enough space for you as well. By the way. You have to buy a ticket - even if you know me! >:-)

> Sinner, simonwillems and Asuka

The Creator Ferris wheel is great if you want a ferris wheel, but if you think mine looks good, you should see this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187245 *wub*

It might take a lifetime to set up, but it sure is worth it! It uses a non-LEGO part for the sign and bends the plates to achieve the round form, but I still think this is the most beautiful LEGO ferris wheel I have ever seen.