The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

The new trailer's now on the BBC website so you can now examine it more closely :grin: . Link

*Squee*

Looks so good. 'Give me a Dalek any day' :laugh:.

Doctor Who's filming in NYC and they were in Central Park yesterday. I'm going to try and see them tomorrow at a supposedly known location where they're filming. I hope they'll be there when I go :excited:

And I saw them, ahhhhhh :sweet:*oh2* !! Oh, that was so awesome!

Here's a pic, though it's not too great. Many adoring fans around, haha. You can kinda see Karen behind the blurry hair.

301886_10150912227411328_570736327_9609517_1567918835_n.jpg

Matt, Karen, and Arthur were all there, along with a handful of extras in 1930's dress. Present were some period cars, too.

Very jealous!

According to IMDb, the first episode is called 'Dinosaurs in Space'

And King Solomon is in it played by Filch! :sweet:

Matt, Karen, and Arthur were all there, along with a handful of extras in 1930's dress. Present were some period cars, too.

1930? Was that Daleks in Manhattan?

Very jealous!

According to IMDb, the first episode is called 'Dinosaurs in Space'

And King Solomon is in it played by Filch! :sweet:

Well, that can't be true, as Moffat and Chibnall have confirmed that episode 1 is *Something* of the *Something* and that episode 2 is *Something* on a *Something* respectively. Don't trust IMDb; anyone can edit it, just like Wikipedia.

1930? Was that Daleks in Manhattan?

Yeah, back then with Martha. This time, though, Angels are involved and something happens to one of the characters! A very precarious Angel was spotted on top of the fountain in Central Park.

MORE Weeping Angels? Seriously? They were great as a one off villain, "Blink" is perhaps my favourite episode. But when they brought them back it sort of ruined them for me. I liked the ambiguous ending of "Blink", leaves it to the audience to decide rather than blatantly bringing them back.

Now I don't mind Daleks, Cybermen etc... coming back, because they are a Doctor Who staple. But Weeping Angels, no.

As for Matt Smith, I think that he's a great Doctor, he's got the perfect sense of 'crazy' that I think a Doctor needs. David Tennant was great, but he had some of the WORST episodes of the entire new series. The hospital on New new Earth was a really bad episode, the giant crabs in the space highway, also bad. He also had annoying/boring companions such as Martha and Donna.

However, this is to be expected as he's had the most series. But if you looked on average, Matt Smith had the most consistently good episodes. Most of Tennant's episodes left me cold. They were either boring, unmemorable or had a bad plot in general. It's a shame that Christopher Eccleston didn't get more episodes though, because I loved him, he was "Fantastic!".

Eagerly awaiting the new series though! :grin:

428409_424273227605586_110298935669685_1330925_288512598_n.jpg

Matt Smith has become a torch bearer for the 2012 Olympics!

Personally I think it should have been David Tennant just like in his episode but oh well, the Doctor is the Doctor :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Ceroknight

Matt Smith has become a torch bearer for the 2012 Olympics!

Personally I think it should have been David Tennant just like in his episode but oh well, the Doctor is the Doctor :shrug_oh_well:

I cannot believe they didn't do that :hmpf_bad:. Him running with it in full costume, shame the torch looks different to the one in the episode :grin:.

I cannot believe they didn't do that :hmpf_bad:. Him running with it in full costume, shame the torch looks different to the one in the episode :grin:.

No congratulations to Matt Smith, then? :tongue:

In other news...

Paul Mcgann never ages.

'snip'

Wow, the only thing that could make him look any younger would be if he wore Crocs :laugh:

Meanwhile in other news... an interview with the ponds.

I'm seriously tired of waiting for this series now. By the time it hits our TV screens I'm going to be 'grown out' of Doctor Who!

This is from the DWTV site:

Matt Smith has been speaking about the Ponds departure and offered a small hint. He reiterated that there’s something in The Eleventh Hour that gives a clue on how they leave.

Smith explained to Collider: “Rory has already died five times. We have Steven [Moffat], who’s a total genius. If you go back and revisit The Eleventh Hour and study it closely, that’s all I will say.

He added: “It’s been three years, and we really had to stick together throughout it. Coming into the show, people were going, “Who’s this young kid? What’s Steven Moffat going to do with it? What are they all going to do together?” We had to really stick together and come through a period of people going, “This isn’t going to work.” Hopefully, we’ve reinvented it, in a way that has worked.

“For me, personally, they are my favorite companions. I just think they’ve been brilliant. And I think the stories and the way it’s interwoven has been so clever. Just the central idea of the Doctor visiting her, as a little girl, and screwing her up is just genius.”

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Could it be anything to do with the name badge with the wrong date or something?

"Coming in Autumn" could they be any more vague!? When! When I ask!? - The trailer looks good or at least good for the ridiculously ott show DW has become. For some reason I always get overly excited about a new series of DW and then I'm generally disappointed. Still, here's a picture to get 'excited' about... The Doctor faces off against Daleks from every era!

Edited by Praiter Yed

I thought Karen dies in a Weeping Angels episode..

Does that mean the Daleks will work alongside the Angels (Unlikely)

Or is the picture just a summary of the important events, Karen's death and the Dalek invasion? (More likely)

I am getting really excited now! That trailer looks amazing, it's always good to have some Daleks around. I first saw that picture on Facebook, I sincerely hope we see all waves of the Daleks, especially a weapons Dalek! :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

Really can't wait now. :sing:

The new series looks good, can't wait! When is it on?

On another note I just watched a Christmas carol for the first time since it aired and I remembered how good it is. I know it's not very doctor whoy but the story is very moving, and all the actors are great, even Katherine Jenkins.

The new series looks good, can't wait! When is it on?

On another note I just watched a Christmas carol for the first time since it aired and I remembered how good it is. I know it's not very doctor whoy but the story is very moving, and all the actors are great, even Katherine Jenkins.

Well there's already been a premiere of episode 1, Asylum of the Daleks and they're trailing it on TV now, so must be soon - maybe next couple of weeks? I also can't wait!

I thought the Christmas Carol episode was one of the better Christmas specials but some of my mates hated it :oh:

These are the dates for the episodes:

Episode 1: Asylum of the Daleks - 1 September

Episode 2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship - 8 September

Episode 3: A Town Called Mercy - 15 September

Episode 4: The Power of Three - 22 September

Episode 5: The Angels Take Manhattan - 29 September