msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

Not sure I've understood: is it a 64 bit version of java?

The direct link don't work, could you link the page where you downloaded it?

Ok, and in that page, what is the link you clicked?

The right one, as you can guess, is "Windows Offline (64-bit)".

Note that this button leads to a page that depends on your current running OS.

So don’t be confused that everybody don’t get the exact same list.

Simply ensure that you are downloading the 64 bit version.

If it is not explicitly written, probably you are not downloading the correct version.

Try this page (I'm redirected here from your link, probably because the OS I'm using now is not Windows 8).

It should be able to accept the parameters Malou suggested you in the post #822.

PS: ensure that Bluerender is using the 64 bit version of java (from the configuration file or from options, I suppose), because more than one version of Java can coexist in your computer.

Well, it seems to be working so far!

But.. it seems that my model is too tall and has broken the 'color barrier' meaning the selected colors stop near the top and turn to a light brown...

6fayxzG.png 

Also this hairpiece (and the top hat piece) will not print their decorations.

GixE8iW.png 

Edited by CM4Sci

The “color barrier” is otherwise known as the horizon.

Your “ground plane” is light cyan, your “background”/sky is tan.

If you don’t want to see the sky, look down (that is, move your camera and make it look down).

They're both the same shade I selected, that blue, but yeah angling down (while looking not as great) helps. 

Hi Guys 

I'm fairly new to this rendering thing, but would like to know if there is some kind of "index" for different kinds of scene files from all the different members using Blue-render? as I am currently only getting these types as the Pic below and am battling to change the scene AKA (complete novice)

640x361.jpg

Not sure if this is has been asked before or suggested by anyone 

On ‎30‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 7:52 AM, Siegfried Meyer said:

Hi Guys 

I'm fairly new to this rendering thing, but would like to know if there is some kind of "index" for different kinds of scene files from all the different members using Blue-render? as I am currently only getting these types as the Pic below and am battling to change the scene AKA (complete novice)

If You start the program, go to Parameters tab - select Ground plane color and Background Color.

Maybe not exactly this is what You are looking for...

Edited by agrof

How do animations work? Do I have to model each frame manually? Or, is there a scripted way to model and render frames in batches?

On 10/27/2016 at 8:22 AM, agrof said:

If You start the program, go to Parameters tab - select Ground plane color and Background Color.

Maybe not exactly this is what You are looking for...

I was able to change the plane before but sins i updated to the sunflowmod  by BUBLIBLE i'm battling to get proper renders think i should re install the original hence I don't do any minifig/landscape stuff but thanks for the response?

On 26/11/2016 at 1:36 PM, Dilvish said:

How do animations work? Do I have to model each frame manually? Or, is there a scripted way to model and render frames in batches?

Depends on what you're animating. If you're walking a Lego figure, then yes you would have to model each frame. For something spinning however, if you place the camera just right, you can use the "Rotation: Enable steps" option on the second tab. For this animation, I enables rotation with 30 steps, but only used the first 15, as the others are duplicates. I loaded the PNG files into GIMP and used that to create the GIF. Also, I used GIMP to add the flashing light which was taken from a render of the very top of the model.

giphy.com/gifs/l0HlJTZiHjk3yPTXO

I love Bluerender msx80! I read up to page 5 of this topic, so might have missed something, but I have a couple of suggestions.

Is there a way of removing the shadow on the floor? For what I am using Br for at the moment, I don't want a shadow, so I am placing bricks underneath my models to remove the shadow from vision.

Also, I have read the comments about shrinking bricks etc, to increase the visibility of individual bricks. How about making the edge of each brick a slightly darker shade than normal?

Edited by Zaphod Beebledoc

On 12/9/2016 at 8:24 PM, Zaphod Beebledoc said:

Is there a way of removing the shadow on the floor? For what I am using Br for at the moment, I don't want a shadow, so I am placing bricks underneath my models to remove the shadow from vision.

Not sure about the rest of the questions but I know how to do this haha.

If you open up the scene file in a basic text editor you will see this section:

# The default material for the plane, a nice blue shade
shader {
  name PlaneMaterial
  type diffuse
  diff { "sRGB nonlinear" %PLANE_COLOR% }
}

Here we define our plane.
object {
  shader PlaneMaterial
  type plane
  p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0
  n 0 1 0
}

You will want to comment out the ground plane definition like this:

# The default material for the plane, a nice blue shade
shader {
  name PlaneMaterial
  type diffuse
  diff { "sRGB nonlinear" %PLANE_COLOR% }
}

# Here we define our plane.
#object {
#  shader PlaneMaterial
#  type plane
#  p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0
#  n 0 1 0
#}

This will mean that only the back ground color will be shown.

Hi!

I'm using this software for a while, and everything works well, and easy to use, except one thing:

When I set the resolution higher than 3840x2160 (4k), the rendered image (result) is nowhere, I can't open it from the folder, I chose for output file, because there is no image. But, the rendering is done, I see something from the result in the "rendering process" window. So, where is the result saved, if not in the folder, I've chosen for it? Or it's not possible to render larger images than 4k?

Is there a limit for resolution? What's the maximum, which should work?

(I tried 8k (7680x3840) and 6144x3456, I have 64bit Win8 professional, i5, 4GB ram in laptop)

Edited by Tamas Juhasz

On 18/12/2016 at 3:57 PM, Tamas Juhasz said:

Hi!

I'm using this software for a while, and everything works well, and easy to use, except one thing:

When I set the resolution higher than 3840x2160 (4k), the rendered image (result) is nowhere, I can't open it from the folder, I chose for output file, because there is no image. But, the rendering is done, I see something from the result in the "rendering process" window. So, where is the result saved, if not in the folder, I've chosen for it? Or it's not possible to render larger images than 4k?

Is there a limit for resolution? What's the maximum, which should work?

(I tried 8k (7680x3840) and 6144x3456, I have 64bit Win8 professional, i5, 4GB ram in laptop)

Hi there, maximum resolution size is based on the JavaFx maximum canvas size, which is based on maximum texture size of the underling graphic library. You'll probably wont be able to get more than 2048x2048 or so.