Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia: Conclusion

mainstreetmafia.png

Main Street Mafia Conclusion: Uhh...Fourth Time Lucky?

IMG_3464.jpg.png

"Good news, town. We've managed to weed out yet another Milano. Ann Foster (StickFig) was scum!"

"Yay!!! Four in a row!" the town cried.

"But now it's all over for you!" someone yelled from behind them.

IMG_3465.jpg.png

It was notorious mafia godfather, Anthony Milano!

"Alright, scum team! Leap into action and take out these pesky townies!" he said.

IMG_3467.jpg.png

But the townspeople just looked at him with blank confused stares, unsure of who he was talking to.

IMG_3466.jpg.png

"What, you mean they're all gone?! How is that possible? It's only been a few days!"

But the town was growing angry, and they started to produce various weapons and items.

IMG_3468.jpg.png

"We've had enough of your reign of terror!" Sarah Harris (Jackjonespaw), the town blocker cried.

"Yes! It's time we take revenge for all your crimes against us!" Louis Murphy (jamesn), the paranoid gun owner said.

Wanda Barnes (Piratedave84) and Gregory McHenry (Lady K), the towns protector and investigator respectively agreed. Behind them, prolific puncher Linda Cook (TrumpetKing) readied her glove.

"Let's not be hasty here..." Milano said.

IMG_3469.jpg.png

"Yes!" Eugene Bryant (Dannylonglegs) shouted. "You've disrespected my food for the last time, scum! I'm going to shove this stale bread right where the sun doesn't shine, because I'm the serial killer!"

The town gasped!

"What? I revealed it yesterday." he said.

IMG_3470.jpg.png

The angry town surrounded the mafia godfather with their various instruments.

"I'm gonna give you a haircut you'll never forget." Al Cooper (TinyPiesRUs), the town watcher said. "Let's get him!"

"Wait! What about law and order?!" he cried.

IMG_3471.jpg.png

The town surrounded the mafia godfather and started to make quick work of him with their various night action tools.

IMG_3472.jpg.png

By the time it was all over, the godfather was left bruised, beaten, bloodied, and of course, bald.

IMG_3473.jpg

"Hurray!" Eugene shouted. "We're all safe! And I've decided to side with the townies! We're all going to live happily ever after!"

IMG_3474.jpg.png

"Well...I'm sorry, but you did kill two people, and you plotted to kill the rest of us. I'm afraid Louis here is going to have to put you under a citizens arrest until the police force arrives back in town." The Mayor said.

"Aw nuts!"

IMG_3475.jpg.png

"Don't worry, Eugene." the Mayor said. "I know of this great psychiatric facility that's reopening again in upstate Connecticut."

IMG_3476.jpg.png

A few days later, the returned police force began to lead the four scum out of the town hall, which also doubles as a courthouse. Irene Milano was the only one in handcuffs since she was the acting-godfather, and the host couldn't find any others.

IMG_3479.jpg.png

"Wait a second!" Irene exclaimed. "This is almost exactly what happened in the very first scene of the game! It's a callback! We're going to be freed to set up for a sequel to this game!"

No you're not.

"What? What do you mean?!"

There's not going to be a sequel. You lost and now you're going to jail.

"Aw nuts!"

~~~

IMG_3480.jpg.png

Congratulations to the winners of Main Street Mafia! Jamesn, TrumpetKing, TinyPiesRUs, Jackjonespaw, Lady K, Dragonfire, Palathadric, and Piratedave84!

IMG_3481.jpg

Special congratulations to the neutral serial killer Dannylonglegs!

~~~

Wow, what a game. I think this is the first game I've ever seen in which every lynch had been scum. I don't think the game was skewed towards the town. I thought I balanced it pretty well. Here's the night actions and my notes/reactions to them:

Night One Actions:

Jackjonespaw (block) - Piratedave84 (Success)

Piratedave84 (protect) - Tamamono (Failed)

StickFig (scumframe) - TPRU (Success)

Dannylonglegs (serialkill) - Jluck (Success)

MT (scumkill) - def (Success)

Jluck (kill) - KingoftheZempk (Success)

TPRU (watch) - def (Success)

Sandy (scumblock) - Tamamono (Success)

Lady K (investigate) - def (Success)

Random Actions:

Tammo (hairstyle) - TPRU (Failed)

TrumpetKing (punch) - TPRU (Success)

Notes:

JJP blocked Piratedave from killing Tammo, but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since nobody targeted him.

The town have lost the vigilante on night one, which is really bad. jluck shouldn’t have really gone out tonight, but he would be dead no matter what, so it didn’t matter.

The scum have really made a blunder going after def. It was obvious that was the scum kill, they should have targeted someone quieter so it would cause confusion as to what was the vig kill and what was the scum kill.

TPRU watched def, seeing MT and Lady K target him. I’m not sure how he worked out which was which, but declaring that MT was investigated as scum was a very ballsy move.

Stop pigeonholing def to be the town leader on night one! He doesn’t need to fill the same role game after game after game. Investigate somebody else that’s a little more suspicious instead of def.

Tammo submitted his own random action that I didn't give him, but it was so cool I decided to let him have it as a permanent night action. Palathadric did as well, but his action was to board up his house and protect himself. Naturally it failed, but it didn't matter. Tammo was blocked though, I really hoped he would have been able to complete his action.

Night Two Actions:

Jackjonespaw (block) - Lady K (Success)

Piratedave84 (protect) - TPRU (Success)

StickFig (scumframe) - Sandy (50/50 Success)

Dannylonglegs (serialkill) - n/a

Sandy (scumkill) - Tamamono (Success)

TPRU (watch) - Lady K (Failed)

Sandy (scumblock) - TPRU (Success)

Lady K (investigate) - Dannylonglegs (Failed)

Random Actions:

Tammo (hairstyle) - Dannylonglegs (Success)

TrumpetKing (punch) - not submitted (Failed)

Notes:

JJP blocks the investigator. It could have changed the game, since Danny would have come back as “Not Milano”.

StickFig frames Sandy making her town. The scum had a 50/50 shot to do this. I used a coin simulator online and it went though. Unfortunately, she couldn’t have been investigated anyway.

The SK kills every other night.

Killing Tammo was bad! :angry: Bad scum bad! I loved his action. He still managed to style Danny before he died.

TK doesn’t submit his action. I almost assigned someone randomly to be punched, but decided against it.

TPRU is blocked from watching Lady K. He would have seen JJP target her.

Night Three Actions:

Jackjonespaw (block) - StickFig (Success)

Piratedave84 (protect) - TPRU (Success)

StickFig (scumframe) - StickFig (Failed)

Dannylonglegs (serialkill) - Kintobor

StickFig (scumkill) - Dragonfire (Failed)

TPRU (watch) - Lady K (Success)

Lady K (investigate) - Palathadric (Success)

Random Action:

TrumpetKing (punch) - Palathadric (Success)

Notes:

JJP targeting StickFig sounded the end of the scum team.

Piratedave protects TPRU again

Kintobor is killed. I was flirting the idea of modkilling him due to inactivity, but I guess Danny did the job for me.

Nothing happens to Lady K.

Palathadric is saved by Lady K’s investigation.

A few minor host notes, I started off hosting this game completely seriously, but as it went on I started to relax it a bit and make it a bit whimsical and comical. I think it was when I allowed Tammo to submit his own action. TrumpetKing's action was actually detailed in his role PM though. I do regret making the serial killer able to survive with any team. I hadn't specified his win condition in his role, so he asked me and I responded with saying he wins if he survives until the end. If I could change it I would have let him kill every night and made him have to kill everyone to win. Def already yelled at me in the deadboard. Please Mr. Def! I swear I won't do it again!

Also, you'll see a lot of ranting and raving on the scumboard. I wasn't really a fan of the inactivity, and I tried hard to combat it, but to no avail. It was futile to enforce the rule of making everybody talk every 24 hours, because I'd be penalizing and modkilling a lot of people if I had to. I was also a bit dismayed on how I was just barely able to recruit the minimum amount of players. :sceptic: I had a lot of interesting aspects of the game that I had to cut out. Somebody pointed out that the scum team was named after the Pepperidge Farm cookie, which was true. I was planning on including a second mafia "cult" into the game and calling them the Pirouette Mafia. Alas, it was not meant to be. Linda Cook (TrumpetKing) was also meant to be the scum killer, but I changed it at the last second and had the godfather be the killer since I removed their converting ability due to there being not enough players. In retrospect I suppose I could have kept it in, but with the scum being picked off one by one the way they were, I doubt it would have done much except draw out the game.

The deadboard:

http://123.writeboard.com/psbkrfgng0p7bqrfj3tnlhaz

Password: bankrupt

Player analysis and whatnot will follow Bob sucks. Feel free to post your role PM's.

What wonderful Poetry! Two wins! Two Bob games! Two times his SK! Alright!

My one balance thought would have to be: Yeah, it was Suuuuuuuuper easy for me to win. That's my only complaint. I probably could have come out at the end of day 1. Also there's only a fifty fifty chance I should get killed at night. I didn't tell that to anyone I claimed to, because I thought they wouldn't believe me. I don't think winning as SK should be nearly impossible, as Def suggested in the Deadboard, but do think it should be harder than this. :wink: Whatever the win condition was for Prohibition was much better. In that game I had to be like one of the last 5 or something tricky like that.... Not that I'm complaining! :grin: Glad to be back!

Thank you, TPRU for being one of the best Town leaders to which I've ever born witness. Bravo! :thumbup:

Also, lovely pictures, Bob! And the commentary was snarky and delightful! Definitely not sucks! :grin:

Role info:

eugenebryant.jpg

Eugene Bryant

Welcome to Main Street Mafia! In this game of wits and intrigue, you are playing Eugene Bryant, chef at Chez Albert, a French restaurant in Cedar Falls. You decided to work at Chez Albert despite the owner, Eric Foster, possessing no management skills. Regardless of this the restaurant is still consistently profitable. Despite your successful career and excellent culinary skills, some of the people in this town have no comprehension for good food, and critique it! Why don't they just go eat cheeseburgers at the fast food restaurants! :angry: This has driven you absolutely insane, and you feel the town would be better off if everyone was dead so nobody could insult your food.

You are a neutral serial killer. Every other night, you can select a player to kill. If investigated, you will come up as Not Milano. If you are targeted by a killing action, you have a 50/50 chance of either being killed or redirecting the kill. If this does occur, the kill you submitted will not go through. Please let me know whom you wish to kill within 24 hours of the end of the day.

I swear this was completely random. it's just a really weird coincidence that you're the serial killer again in another one of my games. :wacko:

Hahah! I love it! What are my win conditions? Same as last time? :laugh: let's kill some townies! Whoo!

Yeah, pretty much surviving until the end. Due to the nature of your role (every other night instead of every night)

Bonus marks if you do poetry again.

And of course I did the Poetry... Although it only happened twice. :blush:

Also, you'll see a lot of ranting and raving on the scumboard. I wasn't really a fan of the inactivity, and I tried hard to combat it, but to no avail. It was futile to enforce the rule of making everybody talk every 24 hours, because I'd be penalizing and modkilling a lot of people if I had to. I was also a bit dismayed on how I was just barely able to recruit the minimum amount of players. :sceptic: I had a lot of interesting aspects of the game that I had to cut out. Somebody pointed out that the scum team was named after the Pepperidge Farm cookie, which was true. I was planning on including a second mafia "cult" into the game and calling them the Pirouette Mafia.

It was I. :grin: Aww. That sounds like it would have been fun. Sorry you got a low turnout. :sceptic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hey hey, that was quick! I was swearing up until night 3 that Lady K was scum, turns out she was the investigator instead, huh? I really missed the ball on that one.

But, TPRU, man, fantastic leading there, mate! Making everyone trust you Day 1 like that, I've never seen anything like it!

Overall, just a fantastic game, and one I'll be looking back at with fond memories. Great job, Bob!

I'm astonished that we lynched a scum every day! Good luck to everyone else, who seemed to be doing much more than I was. Especially TPRU.

I wish I had had the chance to use my PGO ability, but some things just aren't meant to be.

I think this was my first Bob game? It was fun!

This was great! Thanks Bob, fun game!

I can not believe JackJonespaw, you kept going after me....what makes me so scummy? :laugh:

Awesome leading TPRU, even in the PMs it was intense.

Thanks for the game, Bob! Again, sorry about not being very active day 2. I had a sudden family thing come up. Never less, I had fun! It was quite the town landslide. Also, shouldn't everyone in the town have won, not just the living?

Aww. That sounds like it would have been fun. Sorry you got a low turnout. :sceptic:

It's an issue in the mafia thread in general. We need more exposure to this thread, and I'd love to see the next Mafia School get front paged.

I can not believe JackJonespaw, you kept going after me....what makes me so scummy? :laugh:

I have no idea. :laugh: Once again I read you completely wrong!

It's an issue in the mafia thread in general. We need more exposure to this thread, and I'd love to see the next Mafia School get front paged.

Sorry for killing you! I really did think you were scum... and I figured that since you wouldn't be around anyways...

Yeah, I agree! Mafia needs some new blood! Fresh blood! Lot and lots of blood! Frontpaging games helps certainly. That's how I found out about Prohibition, after all.... and then I found out that they didn't do that for every game, and I missed like ten or twenty before I played again. :laugh:

Also, Sorry Jluck. you were just too Townie to live.... but that wasn't actually why I killed you... I killed you because you were a vegitarian! +1 points to me for Roleplaying! :grin::tongue: yeah, but sorry still though.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Wow. Just wow. A town win with 4 straight scum lynches? Insane!

Thanks for a super fun game bob, both alive and dead.

Have to say, my lynch day sucked. Got unlucky in killing def and getting seen doing it, but then I screwed up big time when accused the next day. I KNEW that TPRU was lying when he said I was investigated as scum, since I was the godfather. But I wasn't sure what he was doing, and I didn't think quick enough of him lying just about HOW I was caught. MAYBE if I'd immediately used the story about being the vig and being redirected it might have worked. Probably not, but I'd have had a better shot than after I claimed vanilla and then flopped my story once I realized the watcher had probably seen me.

And yes, we completely took def out night one in blatant over the top metagaming. He seems to always become town leader, so we were hoping that the risk of getting caught / blocked on night 1 was worth it to cripple the town block. Didn't realize how well TPRU would work everyone!

Yeah, I agree! Mafia needs some new blood! Fresh blood! Lot and lots of blood! Frontpaging games helps certainly. That's how I found out about Prohibition, after all.... and then I found out that they didn't do that for every game, and I missed like ten or twenty before I played again. :laugh:

Not a bad idea, but I'd miss playing with us veterans. (Can we call ourselves veterans, even? We have been doing this a while.)

Sorry for killing you! I really did think you were scum... and I figured that since you wouldn't be around anyways...

Also, Sorry Jluck. you were just too Townie to live.... but that wasn't actually why I killed you... I killed you because you were a vegitarian! +1 points to me for Roleplaying! :grin::tongue: yeah, but sorry still though.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Haha forgiven. I was pleased with my analysis in pointing out the eventual day one lynch, but then I blew it by following with a terrible big decision. Oh well, live and learn.

So while we're having this conversation, what can we do to bring mafia back? I don't want to go elsewhere to play as I love the group here we've got, but I'd like to have bigger, more intricate games. I missed out on the golden years. I'm considering hosting at some point as well since I've gotten several games under my belt. With the large number of users and RPG fans here, I feel like with a little exposure mafia could really pick back up. Also, I've seen some intriguing suggestions such as 48 hour game days, which could be fun.

Thanks for a great game, Bob. Excellent job to the town! Unprecedented performance by all of you.

Special shoutout to Danny, who I had tons of fun with behind the scenes this game! I wish we could have had longer. His hair always needs more styling. :wink:

I'm considering hosting at some point as well since I've gotten several games under my belt.

Give it a go! You'll worry that you are messing everything up the whole way, but it'll be fun for everyone! I'd really like to host again, but it's very impractical for the time being.

Thanks for another fun game Bob! The game ran very smoothly, and I enjoyed the pictures and humour you added. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Good job, town! The scum did well enough too, I think they were just unlucky. After we lynched scum on the first day, it was always going to be hard to come back. I imagine things would have turned out a lot differently if I didn't have a role to claim that first day.

This was my first time coordinating the town block, and it was a lot of fun to try things out, but I'll be happy to take on more of a supporting role next game. Too many PMs to read and too much accountability make my brain hurt. :wacko:

It just so happened that my copy of the Detective's Office arrived in the mail today. I'm sure I'll enjoy building Al's barbershop that much more after having played this game. :wub:

To be fair, if you hadn't claimed cop, I probably would have suspected you too. :laugh: I'm not sure what exactly it was though. It wasn't until I tracked you that I fully trusted you.

Thanks for a day of fun!

And yes, we completely took def out night one in blatant over the top metagaming. He seems to always become town leader, so we were hoping that the risk of getting caught / blocked on night 1 was worth it to cripple the town block. Didn't realize how well TPRU would work everyone!

I have no desire to be town leader, I just participate, and it can put me in that position. Keep in mind the last game I played, I was accused of being scum for not being the town leader fast enough. I don't mind metagaming, but too much expectation on you takes some fun out of the game. Anyway, killing me was your downfall, and I think that will be a lesson learned :wink:

To be fair, if you hadn't claimed cop, I probably would have suspected you too. :laugh: I'm not sure what exactly it was though. It wasn't until I tracked you that I fully trusted you.

Lady K was scumming it right up in thread on days 3 & 4. I suspected she might be a town PR if only because she wasn't coming up as a lynch nominee. Deciding not to lynch Shadows day one until she was pressured to just started things off on the wrong foot, from my perspective.

When she first PMed me that she had confirmed me as scum, I was sure she was lying. I was going to TPRU about it, but never got around to doing it. I spent most of Day 3 looking for evidence against Sandy and Lady K and was about to post my long analysis, but then it was late by the time I got on, and it would have been stupid to post the case against Sandy when he was already set for the Lynch, and then on Night 3 I got that PM from Lady K. :wacko:

I kind of get the impression that town won in spite of me in this game. Really MT, I never thought you were scum. :facepalm:

In any case, at least the bandwagon I started against TPRU ended up with him outing himself, which, if it had not happened, would surely have led to the Town Block not forming nearly as quickly. :sceptic:

Also, I could be wrong, but I doubt Sandy would have jumped on the JJP bandwagon if I had not "joined" it.

Anyway, this game came at a great time for me, but even then it wasn't easy keeping up with it. Thanks for hosting, Bob! It was great fun!

Night Three Actions: Jackjonespaw (block) - StickFig (Success)

StickFig (scumkill) - Dragonfire (Failed)

Thanks dear, you saved my life :wub:

Just on interest, StickFig, why did you decide to kill me? I didn't feel like I really did anything this game - I was busy with RL issues, I had no night action, never PM'd anyone or anything. But I'm amazed we got one scum per day - that must have been the highest success rate ever in a game of EB mafia!

Oh, and could we please see the scum-board?

Scumboard was just a group PM this game.

And def, I didn't mean that you TRY to become leader. Like you said, you're active. People then just gravitate towards you or hinck or a few others as "traditional" town block leaders. And in this game, sucked to be you for that except that it lead to a quick scum loss because people were checking you out :(

Oh, and since I failed to mention it, TPRU, you were awesome in this game! :sweet:

Just on interest, StickFig, why did you decide to kill me? I didn't feel like I really did anything this game - I was busy with RL issues, I had no night action, never PM'd anyone or anything. But I'm amazed we got one scum per day - that must have been the highest success rate ever in a game of EB mafia!

From Day 1 I would have bet my bullocks that you were town. :classic:

But then again, I felt the same way about MT for most of the time he was playing. :look:

I knew your alignment and I still thought you were scum. :grin:

An interesting thing to note, I knew I wasn't going to be around for the end of Day Three and the start of Day Four, so I shot every possible contingency (well over 100 photos) of the serial killer kill, the scum kill, the paranoid gun owner, several lynches in case Sandy was somehow saved, etc. The death scene on Day Four was supposed to be the scum kill, but since StickFig was blocked I changed it to the serial killer kill because that's only one picture. I even shot StickFig being killed by the PGO and Serial Killer, and I was really glad it didn't happen because then I'd be screwed having not shot a conclusion.

This one is my favorite, it's what would have happened to TPRU if he was killed, unedited of course:

IMG_3316.jpg.png

Here he is bringing flowers to Tammo's deathspot.

IMG_3317.jpg.png

Uh oh, it's the scum! And a very bright Tammo! Maybe he's being resurrected.

IMG_3318.jpg.png

And that's the end of him. Unfortunately (or fortunately for TPRU) I never got to use this one, which is a shame because it's my favorite.

I just wanted to post that really quickly. I'll have more to say later of course.

Oh, and since I failed to mention it, TPRU, you were awesome in this game! :sweet:

I have to agree! From the outside, it seemed a very reasonable, cagey play style!

From Day 1 I would have bet my bullocks that you were town. :classic: But then again, I felt the same way about MT for most of the time he was playing. :look:

Why did you find me so towny? What did I do?

When she first PMed me that she had confirmed me as scum, I was sure she was lying. I was going to TPRU about it, but never got around to doing it. I spent most of Day 3 looking for evidence against Sandy and Lady K and was about to post my long analysis, but then it was late by the time I got on, and it would have been stupid to post the case against Sandy when he was already set for the Lynch, and then on Night 3 I got that PM from Lady K. :wacko:

I kind of get the impression that town won in spite of me in this game. Really MT, I never thought you were scum. :facepalm:

In any case, at least the bandwagon I started against TPRU ended up with him outing himself, which, if it had not happened, would surely have led to the Town Block not forming nearly as quickly. :sceptic:

Also, I could be wrong, but I doubt Sandy would have jumped on the JJP bandwagon if I had not "joined" it.

Anyway, this game came at a great time for me, but even then it wasn't easy keeping up with it. Thanks for hosting, Bob! It was great fun!

I confirmed you as town..... :sceptic:

Thanks for a day of fun!

I have no desire to be town leader, I just participate, and it can put me in that position. Keep in mind the last game I played, I was accused of being scum for not being the town leader fast enough. I don't mind metagaming, but too much expectation on you takes some fun out of the game. Anyway, killing me was your downfall, and I think that will be a lesson learned :wink:

Lady K was scumming it right up in thread on days 3 & 4. I suspected she might be a town PR if only because she wasn't coming up as a lynch nominee. Deciding not to lynch Shadows day one until she was pressured to just started things off on the wrong foot, from my perspective.

Actually I was going to switch my vote later on, but you decided to pressure me for some reason. Then you took you vote off Shadows and back on to me which confused me completely so I decided to investigate you night one.

I still don't get what I do or don't do that is scummy...... :grin:

I still don't get what I do or don't do that is scummy...... :grin:

That day one thing... I casually switched my votes around. That wasn't waffly at all, because I wasn't being pressured to change, and I had given reasons. Your vote changes seemed much more so that you wouldn't be under pressure, and looked scummy.

The moment Shadows suggested we lose a claimed watcher, he was a valid target. And you agreed more or less with your 'no-lynch' policy, better to lynch the watcher than nobody. That was scummy logic :sceptic:

Thanks for the game Bob, it was really fun!

I kept protecting TPRU because I was not in the town block per se and as such I felt he was the glue that held the block together as I did not know if had a group PM and his death would mean we would loose that link between us.

Sign in to follow this