samlr

[LDD][MOC][Micro] B-Wing - X-wing - Y-Wing - Millennium Falcon

Just wanted to share a small fleet created to go along a larger ship I'm currently designing. I'd love to see your comments about these :

17446153263_146b4993dd_o_d.png

PS : some parts will be decorated, cockpits and the millennium doors

Really great!

Could you please show a close-up of the X-Wing? It seems like an improvement from the latest micro version. Also, I can't figure out how the wings are attached to the main body.

Thanks ! Actually, it's a bit different. The goal was to get close to the 1 stub per 2 meters ratio. Here is how it's built :

18069946772_4102867a2c_o_d.png

Really great. My only immediate changes would be to change the 2x2 vent tiles on the mandibles of the Falcon to 1x1 pieces, they stick out a bit given your excellent scaling of the rest of the ship.

I love these! Micro builds are so fun. Are you gonna tackle and A-Wing and Tie fighter next? I'd love to see a micro space battle.

Thanks for your comments :-)

Really great. My only immediate changes would be to change the 2x2 vent tiles on the mandibles of the Falcon to 1x1 pieces, they stick out a bit given your excellent scaling of the rest of the ship.

I completely agree with you, the 2x2 are too big. The problem is that if I put 1x1, I have to replace the 6 back ones too and I don't like the way it looks ... I'd like to make a try with the stickers of the set 7965 (or maybe custom stickers :-( ).

Also, add transparent studs on the front of the falcon

Why transparent ?

I love these! Micro builds are so fun. Are you gonna tackle and A-Wing and Tie fighter next? I'd love to see a micro space battle.

I do have a A-Wing (not completely my design) but no Tie fighter yet:

18118294742_fdd2e71326_o_d.png

I haven't thought about a micro space battle. It might need some bigger ships !

Notice the floodlights on the front

1000px-RedemptionFalcon.jpg

The floodlights are not visible when off

I love these, awesome work. The red and yellow color cues on the X-wing and Y-wing respectively are subtle and well integrated.

I love these, awesome work. The red and yellow color cues on the X-wing and Y-wing respectively are subtle and well integrated.

Thank you :-)

Nebulon B

Great! Looking forward to seeing your version of that very cool ship!

Nicely done! What's the larger ship that they will compliment?

As Lego Fett said, I am designing the Redemption, the Nebulon-B frigate you see in the movies. It's quiet long to design, 400 hours of work already and a little bit less to go :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I love this scale of building would love to know more on the B wings

Here is all there is to know about it :

18517105775_0326dc8ca0_o_d.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is the new version of the Falcon :

18329590478_b744094950_o_d.png

More solid, less part count, the cockpit a has been redesign, there is an axle to attach it to the Nebulon-B and Atlas comment has been taken in account (thank you) :classic:

PS : there is a version without the axle, I'll share the plans (or lxf file if I don't have time ...)

Edited by samlr

This is the new version of the Falcon :

18329590478_b744094950_o_d.png

More solid, less part count, the cockpit a has been redesign, there is an axle to attach it to the Nebulon-B and Atlas comment has been taken in account (thank you) :classic:

PS : there is a version without the axle, I'll share the plans (or lxf file if I don't have time ...)

I like the other version of the millennium falcon on the top of it. Not crazy about the black studs on top. Everything else is good. Your other ships are amazing.

hi @samlr,

thanks for these models, i love your y-wing !

can u expose how do u build this one please ? :)