agoodfella77

Customizing Bootlegs

I tried my hand at customizing the Hawkeye mask. I am pretty happy with the result.

I used a dremel and eyeballed it. I think I need to sand the edges a bit but I am happy with the shape. Do you sand or something after using a dremel?

Nope. Just used dremel and the fine sander.

Finally i had the time to finish my phasing Vision. Not really satisfied with my painting skills though :-s

Maybe i will try it again to make his face more symmetrical.

The result is in my avatar.

Finally i had the time to finish my phasing Vision. Not really satisfied with my painting skills though :-s

Maybe i will try it again to make his face more symmetrical.

The result is in my avatar.

That looks really cool! Can you post a larger picture?

2ykm0sx.png

The head is a bit loose (bootlegs :-s). I used the Hulk from the Dargo seethrough series for the green parts and the yellow hips and hands from the Minecraft Dargo seethrough series. The cape was a plastic envelope :-D

Edited by Borex

The head is a bit loose (bootlegs :-s). I used the Hulk from the Dargo seethrough series for the green parts and the yellow hips and hands from the Minecraft Dargo seethrough series. The cape was a plastic envelope :-D

Brilliant!

Thanks guys! At first i tried a transparant red face but it went all wrong. I'm still not sold on the face so maybe i can make a new one in the future

Not a major customization but I brassoed the back of the new SY double faced spider-man and it looks pretty good without the second face. I am trying to figure out how to make white wings from the Hawkman figure for Angel. Also I would love a hawkgirl torso/head hair combo. Any ideas?

Not sure whether these count, but I've been buying the bootlegs and swapping various pieces out for Lego, an idea I borrowed from here (I believe from Robianco). Not sure weather it counts, but here's a picture of some of them:

19268392011_ebaafdb104_z.jpg

I've also modified other clones more thoroughly:

19258610182_4b0c269485_z.jpg

An attempt at a classic War Machine (credit goes to a member here for the idea), Ultimate Wolverine, Emperor Stark (alternate reality Stark from the superb Exiles series, he clandestinely bribes and buys all the Super villains to kill all the heroes, unleashes plagues and viruses that brings Earth to it's knees, then takes over as it's "saviour" complete with Doom's hood), and my attempt at fixing Hawkeye. A better picture:

18989820576_b69fdf79cd_z.jpg

I attempted to fix it by cutting it down with the only thing I have that would work, which was a craft knife, that proved too dangerous. I settled for a small amount of Blue Tack (like poster tack, for those outside the UK) inside the top of the mask, that does the job fine.

Very impressive Vision above Borex, wouldn't have thought to use Hulk's torso, very clever.

kid, I've seen people use a Chima helmet and the gold Chima armour with wings, while some have used Wolverine's mask.

DSC04467%20sharp_zpsyttrk7ck.jpg

Here's a try to see Falcon with Fury's body from SY209. Wings are copied from DSC04467 Team Cap

The hair is a bit difficult to match with the real character.

Here's a try to see Falcon with Fury's body from SY209. Wings are copied from DSC04467 https://flic.kr/p/uTsiKL.

I absolutely love this!!! :wub:

Would you mind giving more details on the wings? i.e. which specific parts we need (that Flickr link seems broken) -- also what head did you use?

Thanks!

Not sure whether these count, but I've been buying the bootlegs and swapping various pieces out for Lego, an idea I borrowed from here (I believe from Robianco). Not sure weather it counts, but here's a picture of some of them:

These look great, where is the 2099 from? DLP / LELE / SY?

I am Groot.

Wow! These look fantastic!!

The Groot is painted? How about the other figures? Decal?

Great job!!! :thumbup:

Edited by agoodfella77

I absolutely love this!!! :wub:

Would you mind giving more details on the wings? i.e. which specific parts we need (that Flickr link seems broken) -- also what head did you use?

Thanks!

These look great, where is the 2099 from? DLP / LELE / SY?

Wow! These look fantastic!!

The Groot is painted? How about the other figures? Decal?

Great job!!! :thumbup:

Hi, here's the link

https://www.flickr.c...tr/18960263438/

from Legoagentboy123

Edited: Opps, you found it :tongue:

Edited by wilson3a10

Here's a try to see Falcon with Fury's body from SY209. Wings are copied from DSC04467 https://flic.kr/p/uTsiKL.

What piece is the wingtip? I am looking for it on bricklink and I can't figure out what part it is : (

Edited by kid

agoodfella77, if I'm honest, I'm not sure. I acquired him from eBay, the company wasn't specified, however, he came with a Symbiont bomb build (similar to Venom's but lacking two tentacles), and had, if I'm remembering correctly, a strange leg connector, only two pieces of plastic either side to connect to the torso.

agoodfella77, if I'm honest, I'm not sure. I acquired him from eBay, the company wasn't specified, however, he came with a Symbiont bomb build (similar to Venom's but lacking two tentacles), and had, if I'm remembering correctly, a strange leg connector, only two pieces of plastic either side to connect to the torso.

OK thanks for the reply!

The Spider-Man 2099 looks like the SY version with the arms swapped out. I have the same figure. It came in SY 188.

Using the thing to make a Killer Croc and going to try to make colossus from hulk. And what type of pants would you recommend for Killer Croc.

Edited by The Lego Nolan

Abomination with a AOU Hulk :laugh:

20910913238_91874e5e3c_c.jpgab by Junchi80, sur Flickr

Nice work, Bro. Very impressive. Think you can try an Incredible Hulk Abomination variant?

Abomination with a AOU Hulk :laugh:

ab by Junchi80, sur Flickr

Great work! What did you use for the ears?

Btw, the JLB fairies is a decent place to get some wings. It takes a bit of LEGO engineering (you need a trans neck bracket the one that Hawkman uses and then 2 trans round pins that come with the new Friends sets) and voila:

Xqw7X1B.jpg