Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

[SWBP] Advanced Bomb Squad

17506697408_891ab4540b_z.jpg

Take on the Separatists with this advanced squad of clone Bomb squad troopers! Watch out for the assassin droid guarding the bombs!

-Includes 3 clone bomb squad Minifigures as well as an assassin droid!

- Take down the droid using the cannon, which actually fires!

-Pilot the speeder and take on the Separatists!

-Open the back of the speeder to access the equipment!

- Figures include accessories such as scanner and bomb.

-Set includes speeder, cannon & ammunition, crates& spare weapons, and legs for the pilot!

Note: This set is designed with AFOL's in mind, and as such focuses more on detail than on playability( Although I tried to add some) and is would likely appeal more to AFOL's and TFOl's than LEGO's regular consumers

The Speeder

17694773051_b9ab372d1c_z.jpg

17072038624_609dec87dd_z.jpg

The figures

17672132422_3cbf07c9fc_z.jpg

17408272290_44c5e12b2f_z.jpg

16913855583_366f0ece8f_z.jpg

Play Features:

Firing Cannon

17692065632_a536bc5525_z.jpg

Opening Compartment

17506730988_9743928f4f_z.jpg

Don't worry, the set( speeder + cannon+ crates/weapons + pants for the pilot) is exactly 100 pieces. All the figs( eve the droid) are under 30 pieces each. Also I'm sorry that there are so many pictures, I wish I could do the spoiler thing but I've never been able to find the button for it.

C and C appreciated :classic:

Also Id like to mention that the speeder is supposed to be a cross between a regular speeder bike and a BARC speeder

Edited by LordDan

That assassin droid is amazing, and the turret with the stud-launcher, and the speeder bike kinda feels like a nice variation on the one from the old Assassin Droid BP, but the parts usage doesn't really feel like something Lego could conceivably produce, y'know? Clip-bars being held vertically in clip-tiles, minifig hands being used as parts of various builds outside of minifig arms, having to separate a minifig to fit in a speeder, rubber bands as bandoliers, etc. I love that handheld scanner thing tho! :thumbup:

That assassin droid is amazing, and the turret with the stud-launcher, and the speeder bike kinda feels like a nice variation on the one from the old Assassin Droid BP, but the parts usage doesn't really feel like something Lego could conceivably produce, y'know? Clip-bars being held vertically in clip-tiles, minifig hands being used as parts of various builds outside of minifig arms, having to separate a minifig to fit in a speeder, rubber bands as bandoliers, etc. I love that handheld scanner thing tho! :thumbup:

Thanks! I definately agree that LEGO would not use most of the techniques and would never release the set as it is. I was worried about this before but after I saw that MKJA said it could be something that LEGO would not produce I figured I would give it a shot. That is why I tried to have the set geared towards AFOL's , who would prefer the advanced detail and techniques over the playability.

I love that you gave the Bomb Squad troopers an actual bomb to defuse! And that assassin droid is phenomenal!

Thanks! I actually built the droid, speeder and clones a few months ago, but was struggling to take good pictures and was busy with GoH so I never posted them, which turned out well when this contest was started. I'm really happy with the assassin droid as well :)

On 5/16/2015 at 10:14 AM, Venkefedo said:

Separating figures? Ha, check out Iron Man vs Ultron