Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Here is my updated scout trooper using the Mad Scientist's arms from the recent wave of collectible minifigures and the legs from a space commando from an older wave. I personally would prefer not to have to buy the new scout designs until they appear in a cheaper set so their market price goes down, so this is my solution :grin:

25092095805_dff49494a7.jpg24724431719_ae1821d06f.jpg

I had the same idea for the arms, I think it looks awesome :thumbup: I'm hoping the new Syndrome from the Disney CM has duel molded black legs with white boots, which would be perfect for a scout trooper. Fingers crossed

Very impressive collection! I just saw your Flickr photos as well, I like your Imperial Officers. :thumbup:

Quick question if you don't mind me asking, in the first photo which head did you use for figure with the black moustache (who I'm guessing is Biggs)

Edited by Tariq j

Very impressive collection! I just saw your Flickr photos as well, I like your Imperial Officers. :thumbup:

Quick question if you don't mind me asking, in the first photo which head did you use for figure with the black moustache (who I'm guessing is Biggs)

I don't want to speak for Robianco, but I think his Biggs figure is a Bard face with erased beard...?

You may certainly speak for me as you are correct. Mask off the bits you're keeping and gentle Brasso rub will do the trick... et voila! Biggs.

I need to update that photo of the Imperial Officers now I've added the dual moulded boot legs. I've just Brasso'd the mad scientist legs from the Halloween CMF range so Yularen can have boots too.

Thanks guys. I'll try that out very soon. I've always wanted a Biggs in my collection as Lego haven't released a fleshie one yet!

You may certainly speak for me as you are correct. Mask off the bits you're keeping and gentle Brasso rub will do the trick... et voila! Biggs.

I need to update that photo of the Imperial Officers now I've added the dual moulded boot legs. I've just Brasso'd the mad scientist legs from the Halloween CMF range so Yularen can have boots too.

Darn you sir I just did that to my mad scientist legs a week ago but my Yularen hasn't arrived in the mail yet :grin:

I use rubbing alcohol not brasso, do you know if brasso is better or is this something I should just experiment with?

Edited by Forresto

Darn you sir I just did that to my mad scientist legs a week ago but my Yularen hasn't arrived in the mail yet :grin:

I use rubbing alcohol not brasso, do you know if brasso is better or is this something I should just experiment with?

I'm not sure if it's better or not as I've not used the alcohol method but if you rub too hard with Brasso then it can take the surface shine off that area so you need to be careful. In the UK at least , Brasso can be sold as a tin with a fabric that is impregnated with the polish and you need to be firm to get the desired effect... I now use the liquid stuff so I can be a little more gentle but thorough and the finish has been better.

Edited by Robianco

For my Yularen, I just used a simple pencil eraser. Here's a pic if you want to see the final producto5SFqn6.jpg

Decided to go ahead and post the rest of my currently updated figs. If anyone's wondering about the head choice on Ep. III Anakin, I thought it made a better older Anakin head based on the one from Ep. II, who is there only for comparison purposes.

ZNgEHta.jpgz99bGOh.jpgkslv52g.jpg

All your figs look great, Fenom, I really like the updated faces that you used. I also like your Yularen, although I'm not sure I'll follow suit since I have a pretty strict rule against modifying pieces. Really tempting, though.

I can't wait for my order of batman boots to come in so I can post some of my own Imperials.

What cracks me up is the batman boots is such a simple mod yet immense improvement that if TLG doesn't start doing it, they're insane. I will go on record saying that as well :grin:

With the addition of the legs I can't see the officer's design being improved at all. I just updated all my officers today with the most recent design and the difference between the 2000's design and these ones is startling.

I hate to be greedy but I wonder what the chances are we might get a red tunic so we can make a purist figure of that lady from the EU who was Tarkin's lover

All your figs look great, Fenom, I really like the updated faces that you used. I also like your Yularen, although I'm not sure I'll follow suit since I have a pretty strict rule against modifying pieces. Really tempting, though.

I can't wait for my order of batman boots to come in so I can post some of my own Imperials.

Thanks, I'm usually pretty purist, but I had an extra Mad Scientist so I figured, why not :grin:

I'm not sure if it's better or not as I've not used the alcohol method but if you rub too hard with Brasso then it can take the surface shine off that area so you need to be careful. In the UK at least , Brasso can be sold as a tin with a fabric that is impregnated with the polish and you need to be firm to get the desired effect... I now use the liquid stuff so I can be a little more gentle but thorough and the finish has been better.

I'm a purist who personally finds the thought of modding my official parts abhorrent, so I won't be doing any of this myself. That said, if it helps you guys out, FWIW I've read the easiest way to remove printing from minifigure heads (and other smooth-faced parts - not so sure about textures such as those on slope bricks, for obvious reasons) is to just simply erase it - like, with a regular ol' pencil eraser. You might want to try that.

Edit:

For my Yularen, I just used a simple pencil eraser. Here's a pic if you want to see the final product

Oops. That'll teach me to reply to individual posts before I've finished their whole threads.

:blush:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I hate to be greedy but I wonder what the chances are we might get a red tunic so we can make a purist figure of that lady from the EU who was Tarkin's lover

Isard or whatever? I didn't know she was Tarkin's lover... Not sure if that ruined my day or made it. I hope Rebels and Rogue One bring back some sweet EU Imperial stuff like that.

Isard or whatever? I didn't know she was Tarkin's lover... Not sure if that ruined my day or made it. I hope Rebels and Rogue One bring back some sweet EU Imperial stuff like that.

As I recall, Admiral Daala was Tarkin's lover and she just wore a regular gray uniform.

There's no need to modify any legs to give Yularen boots, since he wore black pants and (presumably) black boots! Hasbro and Lego didn't do their research properly. The modified scientist legs would be great for a Grand Admiral, however :laugh:

The thing with Yularen, though, is the ordinary black pants mod just doesn't look great in person. It's a really stark difference between the pants and white tunic. That starkness is particularly noticeable considering that he's really in more of a beige color, in the movie (In fact, I probably would have preferred a light tan uniform over the white -- I think they chose white so that people could substitute his torso for Thrawn). And since his tunic is more like a suit jacket that goes down to the mid thigh, there should be some white on the top of the legs, so the boots legs sort of represent that. Here's hoping they come out with more booted legs for us purists.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Whoops that right Daala was Tarkin's gala. You were right it is Isard but she was the Emperor's lover.

Rebels has been doing some great stuff with saving EU material recently, its made me very happy :D even if it isnt her someone wearing a red tunic would be awesome.

Priority I suppose is to get a proper black imperial tunic in lego form so we can start getting Stormtrooper and fighter officers

For now, this doesn't do a bad job: http://alpha.brickli...&O={"color":11}

I just created a bunch of black uniformed officers using that torso and the new cap. It'd be nice if there were a male variant of that uniform with some kind of insignia (Juno Eclipse provides a female one), but oh well. Maybe someday.

In any event, there are a bunch of "officers" or NCOs, at least, in ROTJ that use that ordinary navy trooper uniform with a black cap and no visible insignia. At the beginning of ROTJ, there's one who says "inform the commander that Lord Vader's shuttle has arrived," and then there's another one later who says "you rebel scum." Although they both have no insignia, they seem to be officers of some kind since they're the ones speaking or giving orders.

Does anyone have any ideas of updated legs for the Rebel Naval Troopers? Are there any light grey legs that have pockets that could work? I feel everything else about those figures are pretty much perfect except for that.

Are there any light grey legs that have pockets that could work?

This is about as good as one can get atm: http://alpha.brickli... (Imperial Crew)

Edit: Though, I just tried it and it looks better if you swap the hips out for a non-printed lbg one

Edited by Fenom

The CMF arms on the Scouts look great. Lego needs to steal this idea and add just a tiny amount of printing on the white part of the arms (and maybe helmet to break up the white) and then I think the Scout is perfect.