Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

20 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Nail polish seems to ruin the plastic of the heads. Any suggestion or alternative to remove a secondary face from the back of the head?

A regular pencil eraser works well, I'm sure it probably takes longer than using brasso or something, but you can take off parts you don't want to erase very easily. You just have to rub really hard for awhile.

I don't have these pieces yet so I had to put together these images..but I'm just wondering peoples opinion on this? Also, I don't know what hair would be good?

14ah72q.png

Just now, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

Even though the widow's peak isn't quite right, the 2010 Draco Malfoy hair might be good.

The size of the hair would be ok, but everything else is kinda off. The texture should be Finn's hair and the sizing should be Draco's hair. Maybe Lego will make something like that in the future.

Just now, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

You're right of course. I just think sizing is more important than texture for minifigs.

That is true.

Edited by Franklinw1234

5 hours ago, Alexastor said:

Blue Leader!

I've also ordered this hairpiece to see how it'd look like. But I'm already quite happy.

Looks good! But maybe you should see if that hair is better to show helmet hair.

17 hours ago, Alexastor said:

Blue Leader!

Looks very nice ! Where did you get his head and those dark tan hands ?

Ramses25

5 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

Looks very nice ! Where did you get his head and those dark tan hands ?

Ramses25

The hands come with the original minifigure. He just changed helmet+head. But I'm also wondering what head that is, i'll try to find out.

On 5/12/2017 at 1:48 PM, Alexastor said:

Blue Leader!

I've also ordered this hairpiece to see how it'd look like. But I'm already quite happy.

Is this a custom head? I have been looking and I can't seem to find it. If it is, it's a really good custom.

It's from the Lone Ranger sets. It's an officer from the train set (can't remember his name). Definitely a face I'll be trying out :thumbup:

Thanks guys! I tried out the other hairpiece and it's really fitting as well, I can post an update picture tomorrow.

The head is from Lone Ranger, called Captain J. Fuller (basically Custer :P). I guess the soul patch could be scratched off to make it perfect, don't want to risk damaging the head right now, though.

11 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Just wanted to say thanks to whoever pointed out that Hans hair was on Bricks and Pieces - Hans all updates and looking Han-some!

All of these Han updates look great! When I first saw the hair I didn't really like it, but now whenever I see it I feel a slight bit jealous! XD

Just managed to pick up the Rebels version of old Rex, but not loving the arms or legs. Any suggestions for improvements? My house is currently being decorated so I can't get to my parts box at the moment to play about! I'm thinking maybe the arms from one of the German football team - dual molded flesh and white. 

Edited by Richpepperell

8 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Just managed to pick up the Rebels version of old Red, but not loving the arms or legs. Any suggestions for improvements? My house is currently being decorated so I can't get to my parts box at the moment to play about! I'm thinking maybe the arms from one of the German football team - dual molded flesh and white. 

Rex? AT-DP driver legs may be good, haven't seen anyone use those arms for him, good idea!

21 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Just managed to pick up the Rebels version of old Rex, but not loving the arms or legs. Any suggestions for improvements? My house is currently being decorated so I can't get to my parts box at the moment to play about! I'm thinking maybe the arms from one of the German football team - dual molded flesh and white. 

Those arms sound good.  I just put sleeveless arms on him because that's what I had.  Better than all white.

This is a character I've wanted to make for a while, and after grabbing a new Star Lord, I finally had what I needed! Introducing Doctor Aphra!

Doctor Aphra

Parts as follows: head - Barbara Gordon, arms and legs - comissioner Gordon, torso - Star Lord. 

I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out to be honest. If anyone is not familiar, Doctor Aphra is a pretty big deal in the Marvel Star Wars comics, first appearing in the Darth Vader series and now in her very own on-going series. Check out this image to see how I did. Any suggestions for improvements welcome!

darthvader3cover

34 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

This is a character I've wanted to make for a while, and after grabbing a new Star Lord, I finally had what I needed! Introducing Doctor Aphra!

*snip*

Parts as follows: head - Barbara Gordon, arms and legs - comissioner Gordon, torso - Star Lord. 

I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out to be honest. If anyone is not familiar, Doctor Aphra is a pretty big deal in the Marvel Star Wars comics, first appearing in the Darth Vader series and now in her very own on-going series. Check out this image to see how I did. Any suggestions for improvements welcome!

*snip*

It's bloody perfect. I will be making this absolutely! Great work!

On May 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Richpepperell said:

Just wanted to say thanks to whoever pointed out that Hans hair was on Bricks and Pieces - Hans all updates and looking Han-some!

You beat me to it!  Just got my B&P order and updated all of my Hans with the new hair.  They look fantastic! I had mixed feelings about the new wig at first, but I can't even look at the bowl head anymore.  Now we just need a new carbonite mold... 

I'd switched out the male generic hair for the tousled Mutt hair a while ago but once I had the chance to switch everything over to the new Han hair I was on it in a flash.

It's the Bespin dark blue jacket figure that really benefits the most for me.

20 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

This looks awesome! Maybe switch out the hands for black or dark gray? And for the legs maybe use this

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb446&name=Hips and Legs with SW Gunbelt, Belt on Hips and Dark Gold Buckle Pattern&category=[Minifig, Legs Assembly]#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11}

or this

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb481&name=Hips and Legs with Belt and Holster on Side of Right Leg Pattern (Winter Soldier)&category=[Minifig, Legs Assembly]#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11}