Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Anyone have any suggests for a head and hairpiece for an Admiral Sloane?

Unfortunately I don't think there is an appropriate hairpiece for her, best thing available is the standard Imperial officer cap. Hopefully she appears in Rebels or something to justify LEGO making a figure of her with a new mold.

Picked up the new CMF hiker due to the dual molded legs to try them out on my Bespin Luke, but now I'm not sure. What do people think? With boots or without? All the images I can find do show darker boots, but not this dark.

28801026243_b7cd64ce32_z.jpg

I don't think he needs boots that desperately, but I like the look a lot. I rather have a problem with his "over-underwear", would try to look for a printed belt on a tan hip piece.

btw: Has anyone tried out the CMF's blu Cyborg hair piece on Sabine II?

I recently added the judge's robes (?) to my royal guardsmen, I think they look great and create the illusion of an actual robe. Lego's use of a cape to portray anything flowing has always bugged me so I like this.

rise, my friend

29563379486_b920478eee_c.jpg

Clever idea that Atlas - looks really good...(graduation gown on the judge cmf)

Edited by Hold0511

That gown works fantastically well. Great... Another thing I need to source multiples of!

Atlas i'm curious and I was wondering since you have multiples of the red judge robe if you could try something and post a picture? First off your guards look incredible as they are. I was curious however what one would look like if you put two of the judges robes on instead of the long cape on the back.

So what I mean instead of the cape put one of the judge robes on normally (flared back part is on the back) and then on top of that another robe but with the long part facing the front like you have it now. The imperial guards have a somewhat narrow profile hard to pull of lego but it might work this way as another option?

Edited by Forresto

Hey, that actually looks very good, like I had hoped it would. I actually had exactly the same idea for the Royal Guard gown, so I'm definitely going to be making use of it now, having seen it.

However, Forresto's idea sounds good to me as well. I'd like to see Royal Guards with double gowns, if you'd be willing to show us that.

The only problem I can think of with that would be the "curtain" effect it might have, with the front parts of the gown hanging down on each side.

Edited by General Magma

Sorry about the bad photos I was in a rush. Is this what you mean? Personally I dont like it, there isnt a way to hide the tabards(?) on the back and the rear one flips out as well. I like the cape on the back because it has the dark red and even though it isn't an exact translation of the form of the costume, as an abstract one, i like it. With two of the judges robes, to me it looks silly.

5962Pvp.jpg

OXyPWna.jpg

qtAEg6G.jpg

Edited by atlas

Also sorry about the double post but I forgot about this a long time ago and just remembered. I don't know if it's common knowledge but the "t-16 pilot" from 75081 actually features Luke's lightsaber training helmet that appears on the falcon in episode 4. See:

sw619.png and Luke:  10-blast-shield.jpg

cool, right?

Another interesting thing is that this helmet also reappeared in the empire strikes back extremely briefly on Hoth and also in the briefing room for the attack on the second death star, like a lot of the pilot helmets in the original trilogy. I really appreciate that the graphic designers that make the star wars minifigures put some of these sorts of details because there's no possibility of a "Karie Neth" minifigure ever being made unless my dreams materialise and there is a star wars CMF series. Anyway, enough rambling, here's how it looks and some other updates I have made to Luke figures:

fDLqUit.jpg7wfkaw3.jpg

Pretty blurry but it should do. Enjoy the detail of the desk!

Edited by atlas

That light saber is upsidown

Ha! This sort of comment is why I love our community so much! It just shows how passionate we are. I guy told me off for a picture on fb the other day cos a minifigures hand was upside down. I love it!

Yeah they definitely look better overall with the standard cape and the judge robes. Thanks so much for trying though and posting a picture, very much appreciate it!

Edited by Forresto

Wow, I just love little catches like that, atlas. I'm now going to have to swap that helmet out with my training luke. I'm glad that t-16 pilot is as uselss as I thought he was.

Hey guys, any ideas on updating the face for Galen marek?

I updated mine with this:

26324818543_333a9864d6_z.jpg

Edited by Robianco

I updated mine with this:

[snip]

Love it!

Where do the parts you used for Mara Jade come from?

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

Hair is standard girl hair but I must have got it from a BAM tower at the Lego store because apparently it's only been released officially on the SDCC Phoenix figure. Head is the old Leia one. Torso is Count Dooku. Hips on this were from Han but I've now switched the legs out for Han's black legs from his TFA figure as I like the holster on the black leg. Cape is a custom from capes4minifigs.

Hair is standard girl hair but I must have got it from a BAM tower at the Lego store because apparently it's only been released officially on the SDCC Phoenix figure. Head is the old Leia one. Torso is Count Dooku. Hips on this were from Han but I've now switched the legs out for Han's black legs from his TFA figure as I like the holster on the black leg. Cape is a custom from capes4minifigs.

Thnx. I guess you replaced the arms. Good job.

Thnx. I guess you replaced the arms. Good job.

Whoops... forgot about that bit! Well spotted.

Because some of you seemed to like some of the changes I made to older minifigures I thought I would show some others while I am moving around my collection so it's easy to get at them.

Here's a more stumpy version of darth vader from 8096 

bCKRcSN.jpg the original version : 266?cb=20130508051541

unfortunately I got some bad luck and the white component of the head print is misaligned with the rest so it looks strange. 

Asajj ventress from 7676 with the new head from 75087: 

BmYdD6P.jpg  the original version: sw195.png

I really like this.

Here's a bunch of imperial scum with some fresh boots:

xabGvjr.jpg

Here's captain panaka's head and hat from 7961 with the new naboo security officer body from 75091:

IlhezSW.jpg original version: sw321.png

This isn't really a lego minifig to begin with so it doesn't count but I got it to replace my old lando from 10123.

fKNJPdR.jpg lego version: sw105.png

I think that it was sent to me with the finn mini-afro hair but I think I like it better with the slicked back hair. I think the most accurate hair would be a bit of both. 

Here's my "general lando" from 7754 but with the head and hair replaced with the head from 9496 and the new slicked back hair:

cEZGp3o.jpg

I think he prefers his new do!

Here's Luke from 9496 but with the dark tan hair instead of tan. I also used Barriss Offee's black cape and hood and used it here as it was just laying around.

Vva8DyH.jpg original: sw395.png

this was possible because I replaced Barriss' cloak with naare's dark blue one from the new set 75145. Here you can also see Obi-wan from 7676 with head and hair from 9494, and Ahsoka with a custom shoto saber made from a 4L bar of the old green lightsaber blade colour cut to 3L because it doesn't exist in that colour. I plan on making "normal" (ie non clone wars cartoon style) faces for Ahsoka and Shaak Ti also but haven't got around to it yet so I just have the original head for now.

M7Xy8Ur.jpg

Barriss:  sw269.png  and Obi-wan (hideous!!): sw197.png

All of those look great, Atlas, especially the Imperials & Lando. I'm definitely hoping to upgrade all of my Imperial officers with Dual-Molded legs, but they seem difficult and/or expensive to get ahold of in larger quantities. I've checked Bricklink and Bricks & Pieces. Anyone have any other suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind. Bit the bullet and made the order through Bricks & Pieces.

Edited by Nokturn