Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Review: 4884 Creator - Wild Hunters

indexed.gif

The set, and the other Designer sets that came out with it (especially 4888) are incredibly well designed sets. I wish Lego would go back to doing sets like these as I loved the multitude of instructions and ideas. The last batch of Creator sets had zero ideas, even though I know several were made. :'-( Anyway, less whining, more review.

dsc01143es.jpg

The lion is the main model. His mouth doesn't fully close, but it does open more.

dsc01145es.jpg

The head works well from most angles. I love the dark orange bricks; great for rust...

dsc01147es.jpg

He is quite solid, but the joints take the weight well. The neck goes side to side and rotates, but doesn't go up and down. The body is built in two parts and pinned in the middle.

dsc01149es.jpg

With what is left you can make what I think is a hyena, a silly plant MOC...

dsc01151es.jpg

...and what I believe is a vulture.

dsc01109es.jpg

There are also instructions for a few other models including a bat, boar and a snake...

dsc01050es.jpg

which I quite like. He can be built at the same time as...

dsc01049es.jpg

...this cute little lizard. Overall this is a great set with an excellent blend of colours and pieces. I wanted it for steampunk potentials. *sweet*

I hope you liked the review. Till next time....

Great review as always! *y* LEGO is timeless, so there is no such thing as an old set.

I never build brick monsters/creatures, but this set had such a nice assortment of parts that I had to pick a couple up as they weren't clearancing out on Shop @ Home.

I absolutely love dark orange and tan, so it was an automatic win.

I love the use of "familiar characters" in the review, I can almost hear Hinckley screaming, "my megabloks!" :-P

You sort of look like you're planning some vulture stew though. Might have to start a new challenge to determine a winner there. Sinner and his Big Pot o' Doom VS Giant Vulture!

Only thing is, does everything horrify the Mrs? She seems perpetually shocked and/or dismayed at the goings on here. Now that I think about it, I can see why. I'm occasionally shocked and/or dismayed 8-

A very fine review of a very fine set, thanks Sinner. *y*

The variety of cool colors in that set

Thank you for the nice review, Sinner!

I also bought this set but in combination with 4883 when it was on sale (50% - hurray!) at S@H.

I made a short review of 4883 but wasn

Only thing is, does everything horrify the Mrs? She seems perpetually shocked and/or dismayed at the goings on here. Now that I think about it, I can see why. I'm occasionally shocked and/or dismayed 8-

I just love playing with the new princess! You will be seeing her shocked and dismayed for a while to come...

Shocked and dismayed? When you give her flowers last week she was also shocked and dismayed. I think she's just allergic for both flowers and animals. I hope she's not allergic for skeletons too. :-P :-D

By the way: Great review, You made a nice warm, soft place to sleep for Hinckley. X-D

By the way: Great review, You made a nice warm, soft place to sleep for Hinckley. X-D

Nothing but the best for Hinckley. :-P

Great review Sinner

I regret not buying this set when I saw it cheap in a local sale :-(

Don't worry, it could be worse. I regret not buying Cloud City and the Technic Backhoe for half price a few years back. :'-( *wacko*

Sigh, I really REALLY wanted to buy this when it was on sale on S@H and I never did and now it's no longer available :'-(

It's a great set with a nice amount of bley, but a crapload of tan. It's like the perfect way to increase your tan supplies...

Nice review you lucky aussie

Nothing but the best for Hinckley. :-P

:'-) Thanks buddy. You're such a good friend.

Another excellent review!

...and what I believe is a vulture.

So, uh, are you willing to sell that vulture? *sweet* I was going to buy the set so I could MOC an eagle out of that vulture, but I never bought it.

Pleeaase? X-D

So, uh, are you willing to sell that vulture? *sweet* I was going to buy the set so I could MOC an eagle out of that vulture, but I never bought it.

Pleeaase? X-D

Sorry, but I actually wanted almost every part in this set. It's one of those sets I could buy 100 of and still want all of the pieces. *wub* In particular, the vulture has several hinges, black wings, and the dark red pieces that I want loads of. Sorry. :-$

I was really kidding, of course you want to keep it. Who wouldn't? ;-) I was going to buy it off of BL anyway. X-D

Now, if lego made a theme about Creator animals, that would be great. *sweet*