Sign in to follow this  
LieutenantBluecoat

Imperial Dinghy

pirates-indexed.gif (177A) One-Mast 7B

So I made this yesterday. It's a small little set that barely stands out from the true beauties of the Pirate MOCs thread, but at least it's something. Included is an Imperial Soldier and Sailor.

EzgeOQa.png

71YbrIu.png

It fails to attain detail, but it's a nice little set of mine. I wish LEGO Digital Designer had sail pieces though. The "Sail" was placed with Developer Mode (a feature only accessable by modifying the "Prefrences" file in LDD, if I remember correctly.)

Total Bricks: 40

Total Minifigures: 2

Total Accessories: 9

Inventory:

Part 2551 - Rowing Boat

Part 87994 - Shaft 3M

Part 2335 - Flag with 2 Holders

Part 2556 - Assembly Element

Part 3062 - Round Brick 1X1 (2)

Part 4740 - Sattellite Dish

Part 87585 - Mini Oar (2)

Part 74340 - Turn Table 2X2

Part 87580 - Plate 2X2 w 1 Knob

Part 63965 - Stick 6M w/Flange (2) (Substitute for Part 4318)

Part 6076 - Mast 10M w/Ball (Substitute for Part 4319)

Part 30504 - Corner Plate 45 Deg 8X8 (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 4162 - Flat Tile 1X8 (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 6636 - Flat Tile 1X6 (2) (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 3070 - Flat Tile 1X1 (3) (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 2431 - Flat Tile 1X4 (2) (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 63864 - Flat Tile 1X3 (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 3069 - Flat Tile 1X2 (Substitute for sailbb01)

Part 3023 - Plate 1X2 (2)

Part 3020 - Plate 2X4

Part 37200 - Mini Lower Part (2)

Part 76382 - Mini Upper Part (2)

Part 2524 - Knapsack

Part 2526 - Epaulets (2)

Part 3626 - Mini Head (2)

Part 2545 - Mini Shako

Part 2544 - Mini Three-Cornered Hat

Tiny feedback: I am pretty sure the soldier minifig would look better if you swap the order between the backpack and the eppaulettes

Tiny feedback: I am pretty sure the soldier minifig would look better if you swap the order between the backpack and the eppaulettes

Actually that is not possible in LDD. The Epaulets were placed on the backpack through Developer Mode, and it could only be placed on top of the backpack, and cannot be placed underneath, sadly.

Looks ok to me (but I would recommend not to hide the main pic with that "spoiler"-technique).

Now, move on to the next ship! What about a Gaff Rigged Sloop?

Sloop4_zps3231a100.png

Hey I have been looking at the forums for a while and I appreciate the time and effort put into thispir_laugh2.gif . I also have LED and I was wondering how you got those bodies because mine won't let me pirate_cry4.gif.

Hey I have been looking at the forums for a while and I appreciate the time and effort put into thispir_laugh2.gif. I also have LED and I was wondering how you got those bodies because mine won't let me pirate_cry4.gif.

View > New Themes > LDD Extended > Place in a torso > Press B > Click on the brick icon all the way to the right > Click on the front of the torso > Scroll through the decal library till you find the 90th decal > Click on it > Click the paint bucket > Click the colored square (Usually black) > Click on the dark blue known as "Earth Blue" > Color the torso > Color the hands > Done.

I hope this helped. pir_laugh2.gif

This reminds me of an Idea book design - small, simple, something that any serious Pirates fan could build. Too bad TLG doesn't offer something like this in a set the way they once did...

Actually that is not possible in LDD. The Epaulets were placed on the backpack through Developer Mode, and it could only be placed on top of the backpack, and cannot be placed underneath, sadly.

It's possible if you take a little advantage of LDD.

Here's the LXF for my version of the bluecoat soldier:

minifig_-_bluecoat_soldier_-_320.png

Edited by lomis

View > New Themes > LDD Extended > Place in a torso > Press B > Click on the brick icon all the way to the right > Click on the front of the torso > Scroll through the decal library till you find the 90th decal > Click on it > Click the paint bucket > Click the colored square (Usually black) > Click on the dark blue known as "Earth Blue" > Color the torso > Color the hands > Done.

I hope this helped. pir_laugh2.gif

Thank you so much now I will make much better things on LDD.

It's possible if you take a little advantage of LDD.

Here's the LXF for my version of the bluecoat soldier:

-snip-

Woah! Where'd you get those decals? I've been looking all over the place for modern Imperial Soldiers decals that worked in LDD. Anyway, thank you for the .LXF, I'll use that backpack combination with all the MOCs I make from now on. pirate_classic.gif

Edited by LeutinantBluecoat

Woah! Where'd you get those decals? I've been looking all over the place for modern Imperial Soldiers decals that worked in LDD. Anyway, thank you for the .LXF, I'll use that backpack combination with all the MOCs I make from now on. pirate_classic.gif

I created the decorations in Adobe Illustrator and exported them as PNG.

You can find most (if not all) of them in my post in the "LIBRARY: Pirate Torso/Decal/Sticker Designs" thread.

The tricky decoration is the shako with badge and red plume.

I actually created an include file for POV-Ray to help render that appropriately since it's not an option in the LDD to POV-Ray Converter.

I'll probably post a how-to on that soon if you're interested...

Cheers!