Siegfried

Aqua Raiders Mods

dsc01140es.jpg

I love the new Aqua Raiders line, but that doesn't mean that I won't tweak the designs so they are more to my liking!

dsc01130es.jpg

This started out as 7772, although there really isn't much left of the original design! :-P I didn't like how the cockpit wasn't even close to being water tight. Thus, using mostly parts from 4888 Ocean Odyssey, I expanded it.

dsc01132esjpg.jpg

The double track design was my main goal, and that is why it became a lot bigger. I tried many designs, but until I started bulking it up more it didn't work for me. I love these little tracks; they look good and they roll well. (Unlike the large ones...)

dsc01133es.jpg

The landing platform for the water scooter from 7771 wasn't part of the plan, but it fit well.

dsc01134es.jpg

I plan to make some modules for the back as part of the mining operation.

dsc01135es.jpg

I love this submarine. I have been annoying my wife with it for a while going "ping". Fun stuff. X-D The original design was too short for my liking.

dsc01136es.jpg

I also removed the shooting thing, and attached it to the main body without pegs. This made room for the little robot, and I also made him a friend.

dsc01137es.jpg

The original prop placment really bothered me; especially since there is a clear shaft aft of the engine. It took me a while before I found a way to attach the prop and the rudder in a way that I liked.

dsc01139es.jpg

I also added forward hydroplanes and an airlock. (There is another door inside.) I'm still not 100% happy with the insides yet so no photos yet!

Feel free to comment or to post photos of your own Aqua Raiders mocs. *sweet* Thanks for looking. :-P

Sinner, your Aqua Raider MOC's are very, very *sweet* . I really *wub* the track design you came up with for the crawler. I give you two *y* up for these. AWESOME WORK. Model On!!

I don't have the sub' so I won't comment on that. The tracked vehicle, well I agree about the non-watertightedness. Always struck me as a tad stupid. But then I suppose no more so than any SW starfighter that had huge great gaps in the cockpit.

What you've done is great. It looks more than a complete redesign than a tweak, though. The platform for the scooter is a nice touch, if unintentional.

Nice work.

These mods are so good I pooped my pants a little. :-$ I especially like the 7772 mod. The vehicle as it came with the set is so useless...

Nice Mods Mr Sinner!

I don't have these sets myselfs so I can't say whether this looks better or not, but I can say I love the look of that enlarged submarine!! *wub*

The other mod, well, this is how TLC should have made it! It looks alot better than the real set. Good idea making the cockpit "watertight".

You really did well Mr Sinner!

Mr Tiber

Very nice. I really like the crawler. Bulky, yet somehow sleek. And it's clearly a completely new model, but there're definitely bits of the old model in it.

I also removed the shooting thing, and attached it to the main body without pegs. This made roo for the little robot, and I also made him a friend.

I too removed the launcher from mine, but I instead filled in the front and made a placement for the diving thing that was there already. But now I've seen yours, I may have to MOD mine a little more than just that.

I love this submarine. I have been annoying my wife with it for a while going "ping". Fun stuff. X-D The original design was too short for my liking.
Ah, I see you have the machine that goes ping. This is my favorite. You see we lease it back from the company we sold it to and that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account.
:-D

As for your mods I think they're very nice, especially the 7772 based one, after all, in the set it's way too small, your design is much better. :-)

Strewth! That is a complement! 8-| Last time I pooped my pants it was... actually you probably don't want to hear about that. :-$

*wacko* you forget who you're talking to...of couse I do! X-D

I am not a fan of AR but that submarine is really fantastic!

Of course a yellow submarine is appropriate if your a beatles fan but it be great to see it in grey also.

Also, I have to go check out the new AR stuff as I didn't know a set now had tracks that would be perfect for making military tanks :)

*wacko* you forget who you're talking to...of couse I do! X-D

Perhaps as a PM... X-D

I am not a fan of AR but that submarine is really fantastic!

Of course a yellow submarine is appropriate if your a beatles fan but it be great to see it in grey also.

Thanks! I think you could be waiting a while for Lego to make a grey sub! I have been considering making a black one though as I believe I have enough pieces to do it....

Also, I have to go check out the new AR stuff as I didn't know a set now had tracks that would be perfect for making military tanks :)

The tracks are small but very flexible. I like them.

I think you could be waiting a while for Lego to make a grey sub! I have been considering making a black one though as I believe I have enough pieces to do it....

The tracks are small but very flexible. I like them.

Yes black would also be good I think.

Is the AR set with the tracks new this year? I cannot find a picture of an AR set with tracks. If so, any idea on the cost?

Is the AR set with the tracks new this year? I cannot find a picture of an AR set with tracks. If so, any idea on the cost?

Yes, it's a new set, but they all are! Supposedly this is the first and last year for this theme. As for the price, i'm not sure where you are from so click the picture to find it out! *sweet*

7772-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Yes, it's a new set, but they all are! Supposedly this is the first and last year for this theme. As for the price, i'm not sure where you are from so click the picture to find it out! *sweet*

[/url]

Thanks alot for the link. It's about 20euro. You must have bought a few of these sets to build your MOC. Kinda expensive as I would only be buying it for the tracks and there's only 2 tracks per set. I think I'll check and see if TLC sell them as spare parts!

You must have bought a few of these sets to build your MOC. Kinda expensive as I would only be buying it for the tracks and there's only 2 tracks per set.

Actually only one. Most of the rest of the parts, including the other set of tracks and the canopy, come from the excellent 4888. (The side windows come from 7905.)

4888-1.1118010511.jpg