Nicely done - I should pop out from the Technic/Model Team forum more often so I get to see more cool stuff like this!

Your biggest problem now is going to be what happens when your collection outgrows it - the more effort you put into a storage solution, the harder it is to upgrade!

thanks :) yeah, it's true but i do have a contingency plan. the row of small bins on the red wall could get a whole other row and there's lots of space in the closet for more bins or overflow bins. my plan is to weed out older brick or just keep large caches of newer bricks in their own type/color containers in the closet. even though i'm not big on the small hardware bins for like screws/nuts, i may go with a set of those for organizing technics parts, that's the one bin that's going to get hard to search thru as it fills up.

Beautiful room and makes me jelly. Though you did give me some good ideas for what I can do in my offices closet and the next time I get down to Salt Lake City I plan on swinging by the Container Store and getting a few things. :devil:

I had to create an account just to say how great your room looks! We share a lot of the same taste in design and LEGO. Cheers!

I had to create an account just to say how great your room looks! We share a lot of the same taste in design and LEGO. Cheers!

ha! awesome! welcome to eurobricks :)

Now while this has been upped anyways i just have to say how much i love what youve done with your room.

Im an educated cabinet maker, and did somewhat the same a lot of years ago, it looked clean for a week, then i realised that i had to have a lot more cabinets and drawers + shelves to make the growing collection fit.

Now its all spoiled and looks a lot like BlondieWan´s room.

Lets just say that my gf aint that happy about it neither. :laugh:

Anyhow, everytime i do use weeks to clean it up, my brain goes berserk and comes up with ideas for new builds, and it only takes me a day to mess it all up once again.

But !!!! ...... Your room looks fantastic the way youve deigned it and the setup. How does it look now ? :wink: ... Hehe

Great room - i'm moving house next month and have my eye on the small box 3rd bedroom. The only problem is that the packed boxes of unopened Lego would already struggle to fit so maybe a shed is necessary. Any excuse.

Wow I'm really jealous, just curious do you have a spreadsheet or something of the different materials used so at some point I could try this? Thanks!

Am so jealous of everyone who has the space to have a "Lego room".

Really cool. Hope more people will show us their little heaven here! :wink:

I have a Legoroom like this:

Feel free to see my pictures on my Instagram profile, instagram.com/chilis_no

Great room! This has inspired me!

What colors are used on the wall? I really like the combination!

Thanks, the red is call "Stop Sign" and the grey is called "Seal Gray" they are both from the True Value paint colors (I live in a small town with no big box stores)

Now while this has been upped anyways i just have to say how much i love what youve done with your room.

Im an educated cabinet maker, and did somewhat the same a lot of years ago, it looked clean for a week, then i realised that i had to have a lot more cabinets and drawers + shelves to make the growing collection fit.

Now its all spoiled and looks a lot like BlondieWan´s room.

Lets just say that my gf aint that happy about it neither. :laugh:

Anyhow, everytime i do use weeks to clean it up, my brain goes berserk and comes up with ideas for new builds, and it only takes me a day to mess it all up once again.

But !!!! ...... Your room looks fantastic the way youve deigned it and the setup. How does it look now ? :wink: ... Hehe

thx! it stays fairly clean, although not as clean as my OCD would like :) sharing it with an 11yo can be challenging, but she knows the deal. One thing I've done to help with messes is I've added bins in the closet for projects, so when a project is stalled we can dump all related parts in a project bin and clean up our work space a bit.

here's what it looks like right now...

be4su3uh.jpg

H9dcF6ph.jpg

Great room - i'm moving house next month and have my eye on the small box 3rd bedroom. The only problem is that the packed boxes of unopened Lego would already struggle to fit so maybe a shed is necessary. Any excuse.

hahaha, well, yeah that's a challenge. Time to open them up and build :)

Wow I'm really jealous, just curious do you have a spreadsheet or something of the different materials used so at some point I could try this? Thanks!

Nah, not really, but it's actually pretty basic as far as materials. It's just the trofast bins, a few sheets of black melamine and some 2x4's. Although the melamine is showing signs of dulling from the bricks scratching them, so I may make the effort in the future to replace them with something tougher like formica. Still, it looks ok, and works great.

Thank you for sharing these pictures and your process! I'm always curious to see how other people sort and manage their LEGO collections.

thanks :) speaking of sorting, I did re-sort some bins as some bins were getting crowded. I made room by adding some large bins in the closet and the new layout seems to be working. Here's my master doc showing the bin labels...

PPATDH2h.png

Another question (for all): where is a good place to get LEGO wall decals? Thanks!

I'd look on Etsy or Ebay.

That is well organised, well jealous :grin:

Am so jealous of everyone who has the space to have a "Lego room".

Really cool. Hope more people will show us their little heaven here! :wink:

Trust me, I know the feeling. The problem with LEGO is it's never enough :)

I have a Legoroom like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/5kO-ZRGeVA/?taken-by=chilis_no

Feel free to see my pictures on my Instagram profile, instagram.com/chilis_no

very nice! followed :)

Edited by droomangroup

Started to de-clutter boxroom as part of spring clean, to create a lego room :grin: (which I have to use for wargaming and Meccano building too) but mostly lego. 2.9m x 2m it not huge but big enough.

Hello! I love this room and want to recreate it for my son. May I ask how you made the work top? Is it Melamine or Plywood? Also, did you have to paint it black? Thank you! X

I'd say it doesn't really matter if you chose melamine or plywood, whichever works for you best. However I would suggest painting it white, rather than black. This way it would be much-much easier to see all the parts you have on a table and find one when you need it.