Bonaparte

New graphics are in the air - share your feedback

The new theme looks really good, and I like that I can switch over to the (more relevant for me) Summer one instead...:wink::thumbup: what with the first weekend of Summer's sunburn still lingering

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

The new theme looks really good, and I like that I can switch over to the (more relevant for me) Summer one instead...:wink::thumbup: what with the first weekend of Summer's sunburn still lingering

I like that too. I used to think of it every time I'd set a new default theme. I'm glad the Southern Hemisphere can now have a Eurobricks skin that matches their actual weather. I know there are worse problems in the world but still... I also like being able to force everyone to see the new theme first before they easily switch it to their preference. It's a pretty cool new feature of this version of the board software.

I just refreshed the site and saw the new spring banner - how cute! Great work and kudos to the artist! :classic:

It is a refreshing look. I'm not used to seeing so much pink but great work on achieving that spring feeling.

starwars3_clip27.jpg

I see, a new theme design you have, Eurobricks...

Looking very cute! When I opened up the site, for a moment I thought it was Valentine's Day all over again :snicker:

Edited by Cody Startale

I guess I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent. I don't like the new theme. It's way to light and it feels like someone spilled pepto bismal on my screen.

I'm sure you're not the only person who doesn't like it. I would never try to please everyone. Not possible. We need to be open to criticism. Like you used the wrong word there. You meant "too" and you misspelled Pepto-Bismol. Thanks for the feedback. 

I like how fresh this one looks, loving the shades of blue certainly. It is also entertainingly pink on my phone, I do so enjoy it (and the reactions it garners :laugh:

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I guess I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent. I don't like the new theme. It's way to light and it feels like someone spilled pepto bismal on my screen.

I'm not a big fan of this either. I like the blue but the pink isn't too nice to me. But change is nice :classic:

At first glance, was glaringly pink on my smartphone, and I thought I stumbled into some sort of alt-Eurobricks site.  But, I guess I'll get used to it, maybe by the time the summer graphics are posted.

All the hard work by the staff is truly appreciated.

Edited by JGW3000

It is lavender and the buttons also offend my senses until I see it close to the banner. :laugh: I used the green to offset the pink and blue from looking like a baby shower. The menus and main color schemes are supposed to be green grass, pink (lavender) flowers, and a blue sky. I very much enjoy building with the new purple/pink palette LEGO has introduced in the last several years. However, when I photoshop color pick from the banner, I do not have a good reaction to it and first. But it's Springy! :blush:

I'm not a huge fan of the new graphics. In particular, the light colors make it much harder to tell the topic icons apart... the difference between hot topics, read topics, and unread topics is much more subtle than it has been in the past when there were generally much more vivid color schemes. A brighter green and a darker pink might help matters, but I'm not totally sure.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback regarding the offensiveness of the pink. I had some lavender leaves in my hand and finally put two and two together that I had balanced the colors wrong. I've fixed it (maybe? :look: ) now so please enjoy less pain in your eyes. :blush:

Old:

2017_spring_banner.jpg

vs. New:

2017_spring_banner.jpg