Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#130: Sisters in Salmanda

Only half-serious and being his mostly sarcastic self again, Eric dryly replied to Peri's request: "Why, Peri, Ophaniel is a really big deal here. If you truly believe it's it your duty to stay here, then by all means you must do so. Who am I to question Ophaniel's will, I am but a mere mortal after all!"

Periwinkle gave Eric a crooked smile, and then embraced him.

heroicaquest130-periwinkle2.jpg

"Oh, Eric darling - I see right through you." She spoke softly to his ear. "You try to hide your emotions behind that cool, sardonic facade, but deep down inside you too feel the need to be loved. And you will always have my love, even if we are oceans apart. You silly hunky viking...

She then reached into her robes and took out the Flora Gear and Periwinkle's Ribbon.

"Take these as mementos of me and my love."

Boomingham turns to the Scorpion Knight. "I trust it that the Snake Priest lives? I'm glad he proved loyal."

heroicaquest130-blackscorpionknight.jpg

"Yes, we took him inside the palace to recover from the blow he got. The people of Kalma are not evil - I should know, since I was born there myself. The life in the southern badlands is just hard, and people stick to their superstitions to make sense of the world. Djuvali is smart and influential both here and in Addis Vipara, so we need him to restore our diplomatic relations with Kalma."

"I've only just found you, already you've made me more happy than a life of love. I'd love to invite you to meet yer half-sisters, take some responsibility as a father finally, but you've become something greater than me. You've got to take the responsibility, and use your divine, err, powers." He half chuckled here, and grinned. It was farce, but also reality. "Stay, fuckn oblit-er-ate " -He announciated the word a bit too much, an indication of his class. "Those snake shitbiscuits, make Salmanda great again." He glanced at the queen nervously, coughed then corrected himself "Greater, I mean, yeah."

He paused, nodded, then coughed harshly, his lungs rattling. "I'll spread Orphaniel to Eubric, Laurence, you up to help? Eric, I think Emmeline needs a hand with some guardsmen or somethin" he winked at his friend in an almost paternal fashion, and smirked happily.

"Oh, father!" Periwinkle exclaimed, hugging Sarge in return. "I shall come visit you and my half-sisters one day, when things settle down here. We will meet again, that is the will of Ophaniel. In fact, he wants to make sure you stick around long enough for that to happen."

Light began to emanate from Periwinkle's hands, spreading into Sarge. For the first time in ages, he felt no pain anywhere. He was thoroughly healed.

"In the name of the Grey Angel, your curse is removed, father." Periwinkle kissed Sarge's forehead.

heroicaquest130-auntovelia.jpg

"What a sweet ending to this dreadful day. You may all rest in the private quarters of the Temple for the remainder of the night. I will have Captain Squidraken prepare the Flouncy Phoenix for departure back to Eubric tomorrow morning. Your mission here in Salmanda is fulfilled. Before you retire, I want you to have these items as a token of my gratitude for everything you've done for the Sisterhood of Danab."

heroica-vindicatorsseal.jpg4x Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

heroica-danabsapple.jpg4x Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable)

heroica-tigerbalm.jpg4x Tiger Balm (Grants immunity to all effects - positive and negative - for one battle.)

~THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!~

On the following morning, a huge crowd was gathered to the Golden Square to give the heroes a proper send-off.

heroicaquest130-ending.jpg

heroicaquest130-auntovelia.jpg

"With the sirens gone, you should have an uneventful trip back to Eubric. Of course, Aunts Zarissa, Hymnessamine and Theresa may stir up trouble as they are wont to do, but I am sure you will be able to handle them. May Danab watch over your journey, future vindicators!"

heroicanpc-zeldaziegfried3.jpg

"I will not be returning to Eubric yet, either, for I fear for the safety of my hometown, still. But I have sent Z-mail to my grandchildren to let them know of your braverism. You four are true friends of the Ziegfrieds, and I hope you will stay by our side no matter what happens in Eubric."

"We will see again, some day! Take care, guys - even you, Heckz, no matter how insufferable you were during this week."

Rex the Rhinotaur was there with his wife Rhiannon, too.

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"AAH, my friends! It was fun while it lasted, and we really did show those SNAKES, didn't we? I'm thankful for the company, and for your help with the MISSUS here. We must visit Eubric some day soon, though, don't we, my rhododendron?"

heroicaquest130-rhiannon.jpg

"We sure do! Thank you for looking after my Rex. I'll take him back under my watchful gaze now."

heroicaquest130-rex.jpg

"HA HA HA, just when I started to enjoy my FREEDOM again! Oh well, I guess it's better this way... Boomingham, you take this Epidemic Halberd off my back, WILL YOU? All I need is my trusty Grindoceros. Have a safe trip, EVERYONE!"

When the goodbyes were almost finished, two more familiar people ran up to the pier.

heroicaquest130-ending2.jpg

heroicaquest130-nemeshtar.jpg

"Phew! I'm glad I caught up with you! When I heard you were leaving this morning, I had to pack everything in a rush." Nemeshtar the Necromancer patted the crystal case he was lugging behind him. The heroes could see it was filled to the brim with gems and other magical paraphernalia. "When my dear late mother was put back to rest - thanks to you, Master Brutenhal - I remembered your speech about new opportunities at Eubric Freeport, so I decided a change of scenery would be in order for me to be able to continue my life onwards. So, if you'd be so kind to give me a ride, I would like to move to Eubric to open a magic shop there."

heroicaquest130-brown.jpg

"And I am going to take over the magic shop here!" Brown interrupted, exhilarated. "I read the book you gave me from cover to cover, and my head is brimming with all these ideas how to make a booming business! As luck would have it, I ran into Master Nemeshtar yesterday and we made an agreement that he would give me his store here. I already made a ton last night, selling magic knick-knacks to people running scared from the cultists! Here's half of the profit, as promised." Brown gave 100 gold to each hero and shook their hands gratefully.

heroicanpc-jaws.jpg

"Hey! Are ye jest about done wiv the g'byes? The cap'n's anxious to get a-movin'!"

Was there something else the heroes would like to say to the people they were about to leave in Salmanda?

Party:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne)

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 30 1/4 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Absorbs Poison* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 49 (30+18+1)

Defense: 7 (2+5)

Health: 53/53 (8+29+7+4+5)

Gold: 516

Equipment: Conspirator (WP:18, causes blinded and has 1/2 chance to cause confused with each hit; darkness-elemental longsword), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to water, earth, blinded and asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Godricsleif (WP: 22; ice-, lightning-, darkness-elemental; greatsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon), Twin Biter (WP:7, causes bleeding; dual strike axe), Rakshasa Blade (WP:8 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; greatsword), Rakshasa Flail (WP:7 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; mace), Rakshasa Scimitar (WP:11 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; longsword), Rakshasa Waveblades (WP:5 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; dual strike daggers)

Artifacts: Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened; handwear), Redhawk Helmet (Power +12 if the wearer acts first in the battle order; suitable to barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; headwear.), Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.), Flora Gear (adds wood-element to physical attacks and protects from wood-elemental damage, accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle Eric only; headwear)

Consumables: Potion, 9 Grand Potions, 2 Elixirs, 4 Remedies, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, 3 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Floral Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.)

Tools etc.: Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 25 1/3 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened and Blessed*

Power: 50 (25+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 49/49 (7+24+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 3030

Equipment: Demonic Greatswords (WP:21, dual strike, has 1/2 chance each to cause sealed and blinded with each hit, Light and Darkness elemental greatsword, Hollow [Potion]), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.)

Inventory:

Weapons: Staff of the Serpent God (WP:31, spells have 1/6 chance to cause petrify to the target; staff; suitable to archmages and prophets), Epidemic Halberd (WP:8, causes all negative effects that the user has to the target when attacking; halberd), Lilliput Knife (WP:1, wielder’s power is not reduced when under minimized-effect, dagger.)

Artifacts: Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), 2x Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP:1 multiplied by the number of party members; backwear.), Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear), Encore Plectrum (If the same Battle Song is sung for more than one round in a row, the song’s ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable to minstrels; accessory.), Swift Boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding; footwear)

Spell Items: “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Tiger Balm, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Poisoned Water (Causes poisoned by 1 to the target; consumable), 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Mythril Shard

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card, Mistarian Grey Panther (quest item), Gold Scorpion Venom (quest item), Tyrant Statue (Increases the holder’s gold by 50% at the end of each quest), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin *Party Second-in-Command*

Level 36 1/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Affluence*

Power: 55 (36+14+4+1)

Defense: 19 (7+12)

Health: 56/59 (10+35+11+2+1)

Ether: 35/36

Gold: 292

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blinded, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Crimson Suit of Armor (SP:12, allows wearer to pose as Crimson Bear Knight; takes three artifact slots: bodywear, headwear and footwear),

Inventory:

Weapons: Scupperer (WP:17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; has 1/2 chance each to inflict blinded, sealed, weakened and fragile; greatsword), Epidemic Halberd (WP:8, causes all negative effects that the user has to the target when attacking; halberd), Venom Fang Blade (WP:9, causes poisoned equal to WP; longsword), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword),

Artifacts: Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Redhawk Helmet (Power +12 if the wearer acts first in the battle order; suitable to barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; headwear.), Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only), 2x Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), 3x Mead, 2x Ambrosia, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, 2x Floral Bomb, Seal Bomb, Poison Bomb, Stun Bomb, Seth Bomb (Deals 100 darkness-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, 2x Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard, Bone

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

ava-heckz3.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 28 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Power: 40 (28+12) (Spellpower: 50 (28+12+10))

Defense: 0

Health: 17/35 (5+27+4)

Ether: 8/44 (5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold: 2827

Equipment: Solemn Dagger (WP: 12, darkness-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Remedy, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Soma, Poison Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Bright Polish, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage), Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

Boomingham pumps the Scorpion Knight's hand, and then gives Rex a big ol' fashion hug. He salutes the aunties they're leaving behind, in particular Pilar and Padridian, who he wished he had more time to chat with.

"Please do give us a visit," he says to Rex. "I owe you a drink and more. You're a good man." Then to Rhiannon: "Look after him, alright?"

He gives Peri a quick and very respectful peck on the cheek. "Glad I got to know you. Remember what I promised. If you ever need help, Peg Leg and I will be there. Just send word." He bows to Zelda as well. "I'll see you back in Eubric. It was a pleasure to hold council with you once more. We ought to catch a drink some time."

Stepping aboard, Boomingham claps Sarge on the back. "We've got some plans to make on the way back, alright Peg Leg?" And he points to Eric. "And you and I are going to have a serious drink when we're back in the Hall."

Periwinkle gave Eric a crooked smile, and then embraced him.

"Oh, Eric darling - I see right through you." She spoke softly to his ear. "You try to hide your emotions behind that cool, sardonic facade, but deep down inside you too feel the need to be loved. And you will always have my love, even if we are oceans apart. You silly hunky viking...

She then reached into her robes and took out the Flora Gear and Periwinkle's Ribbon.

"Take these as mementos of me and my love."

Eric stood baffled for a second. No matter how much the Nord made crude remarks about or to Peri, or had mocked the girl in jest, she still stood by his side. Eric found the gesture and her kind words genuinely heart-warming, albeit it for an extremely brief moment. Peri was a kind girl, but somewhat slow of mind at times. Perhaps that was why Ophaniel had chosen her, Eric thought.

The Nord accepted the items and put them away. Stoically and muttering a mostly inaudible and silent goodbye, Eric turned around to board the ship. Before he could do that, however, another familiar approached the heroes.

"And I am going to take over the magic shop here!" Brown interrupted, exhilarated. "I read the book you gave me from cover to cover, and my head is brimming with all these ideas how to make a booming business! As luck would have it, I ran into Master Nemeshtar yesterday and we made an agreement that he would give me his store here. I already made a ton last night, selling magic knick-knacks to people running scared from the cultists! Here's half of the profit, as promised." Brown gave 100 gold to each hero and shook their hands gratefully.

Eric raised an eyebrow. "What? Hundred gold, is that...", but he stopped half-sentence and threw his hands in the air. Grunting he accepted the gold and barged aboard the Phoenix. "Why do I even keep trying? Idiots..." And so the Nord said his goodbye to Salmanda.

He also gives all his gold to Sarge before the Quest completely ends! :tongue:

The healing was like a weight being lifted from his body. A huge burden was gone, and his breaths felt so clear and smooth. He blinked to clear his tear-brimming eyes and smiled at his darling, then hugged his daughter happily once more before laying down for the best rest in a long time, although actually falling asleep took a while in the euphoria. His prayer had been answered, and now he would return the favor to Orphaniel.

The following morning he awoke early, feeling ready to do... Just to do whatever, so long as there was glory. Youth, that was the feeling, well, he was an old man now. He'd conquer like he did as a kid, but with responsibility. Like Reno.

"Goodbye Peri, darling, megabluck'em up, but, be careful." he uttered this last phrase quietly, then closed his eyes, grinned and nodded at Periwinkle, before turning to step onto the boat and leave.

Sarge used the tyrant statue to add 50% to his gold purse, through clever, accounting?

With the bittersweet goodbyes and farewells over and done with, the heroes embarked on the rowboat that took them back to the Flouncy Phoenix. They had arrived to the City of Golden Domes only a week ago, but it felt like a small eternity since they had last been on the magical ship. On the pier, their new friends (and family) waved at them all the way until they disappeared into the horizon.

heroicaquest130-ending3.jpg

~FIN~

QM Note: A thousand thanks for your participation! It has been a fantastic quest, but now you are free to embark on new ones.

I've added your Grogmas Gifts to your inventories, and increased Sarge's gold by 50%.

Party:

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne)

30 year old norseman Raider

Level 30 1/4 *Natural Respite* *Evasion* *Absorbs Poison* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, Asleep, Water and Earth*

Power: 49 (30+18+1)

Defense: 7 (2+5)

Health: 53/53 (8+29+7+4+5)

Gold: 0

Equipment: Conspirator (WP:18, causes blinded and has 1/2 chance to cause confused with each hit; darkness-elemental longsword), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile; bodywear), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row + Immunity to water, earth, blinded and asleep; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Godricsleif (WP: 22; ice-, lightning-, darkness-elemental; greatsword), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Dual Strike; axe), 2 Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8, causes cursed-effect, retrievable, throwing weapon), Twin Biter (WP:7, causes bleeding; dual strike axe), Rakshasa Blade (WP:8 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; greatsword), Rakshasa Flail (WP:7 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; mace), Rakshasa Scimitar (WP:11 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; longsword), Rakshasa Waveblades (WP:5 multiplied by the amount of Rakshasa weapons equipped by the party in the battle; dual strike daggers)

Artifacts: Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened; handwear), Redhawk Helmet (Power +12 if the wearer acts first in the battle order; suitable to barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; headwear.), Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.), Flora Gear (adds wood-element to physical attacks and protects from wood-elemental damage, accessory), Periwinkle Ribbon (Grants immunity to stunned, poisoned, bleeding, cursed, asleep, fast asleep, confused and hexed; suitable for Periwinkle Eric only; headwear)

Consumables: Potion, 9 Grand Potions, 2 Elixirs, 4 Remedies, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, 3 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Dragon Scale, Genuine Nordic Mead (Grants the encouraged, hastened, inspired, reinforced, and enraged-effects; consumable), Venom, Deadly Venom, 2 Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Floral Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.)

Tools etc.: Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

img_6932.pngSgt. Jon McEncy (Pyrovisionary) *Party Leader*

54 year old male human Black Knight

Level 25 1/3 *Immune to Blinded and Stunned* *Poisonous Defense* *Permanently Hastened and Blessed*

Power: 50 (25+21+2+2)

Defense: 20 (16+4)

Health: 49/49 (7+24+9+3+3+3)

Gold: 5757

Equipment: Demonic Greatswords (WP:21, dual strike, has 1/2 chance each to cause sealed and blinded with each hit, Light and Darkness elemental greatsword, Hollow [Potion]), Serpenthead Shield (SP:16, causes poisoned by 2-effect to anyone physically attacking the user, shield), Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent hastened effect to the user; Immune to Blinded, suitable to Sarge only; footwear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect; suitable for black knights; bodywear), Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.)

Inventory:

Weapons: Staff of the Serpent God (WP:31, spells have 1/6 chance to cause petrify to the target; staff; suitable to archmages and prophets), Epidemic Halberd (WP:8, causes all negative effects that the user has to the target when attacking; halberd), Lilliput Knife (WP:1, wielder’s power is not reduced when under minimized-effect, dagger.)

Artifacts: Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), 2x Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP:1 multiplied by the number of party members; backwear.), Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable to knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear), Ranger’s Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; backwear), Sterope’s Headdress (Grants the ability to spend a turn to fly out of a battle and return to it later if it is still going; the wearer cannot affect the battle in any way when they are away from it; suitable to winged warriors only; headwear), Encore Plectrum (If the same Battle Song is sung for more than one round in a row, the song’s ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable to minstrels; accessory.), Swift Boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding; footwear)

Spell Items: “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Hero's Cocktail (Grants encouraged, hastened, lucky,blessed, reinforced, inspired and transcended -effects for one battle; consumable), Tiger Balm, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Poisoned Water (Causes poisoned by 1 to the target; consumable), 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Bones, Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Mythril Shard

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Business Card, Tyrant Statue (Increases the holder’s gold by 50% at the end of each quest), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

48 years old human Paladin *Party Second-in-Command*

Level 36 1/4 *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Affluence*

Power: 55 (36+14+4+1)

Defense: 19 (7+12)

Health: 56/59 (10+35+11+2+1)

Ether: 35/36

Gold: 0

Equipment: Frozen Saber (WP: 14; light-, ice- and wind-elemental; inflicts stunned; great sword), Round Metal Shield (SP:7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; grants immunity to fragile, asleep, weakened, blinded, darkness and fire; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear.), Crimson Suit of Armor (SP:12, allows wearer to pose as Crimson Bear Knight; takes three artifact slots: bodywear, headwear and footwear),

Inventory:

Weapons: Scupperer (WP:17; darkness-, fire- and earth-elemental; inflicts bleeding and poisoned by 10; has 1/2 chance each to inflict blinded, sealed, weakened and fragile; greatsword), Epidemic Halberd (WP:8, causes all negative effects that the user has to the target when attacking; halberd), Venom Fang Blade (WP:9, causes poisoned equal to WP; longsword), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep), Silver Sword (WP: 18, Longsword),

Artifacts: Crown of the Desert King (SP:6; absorbs fire, wind, and earth; suitable for Boomingham only, headwear.), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Redhawk Helmet (Power +12 if the wearer acts first in the battle order; suitable to barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; headwear.), Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear), Scarlet Hood (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only), 2x Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Emerald Lamp of Summoning (0/3), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song)

Consumables: Potion, Health Core, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), 3x Mead, 2x Ambrosia, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Jinxy Juice, 2x Floral Bomb, Seal Bomb, Poison Bomb, Stun Bomb, Seth Bomb (Deals 100 darkness-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Hair of the Dog, 2x Grating Stone, Oculoid Miasma, Oculoid Fireworks, Saber Teeth, Mythril Shard, Bone

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

ava-heckz3.jpgJohn 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 28 1/3 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*

Power: 40 (28+12) (Spellpower: 50 (28+12+10))

Defense: 0

Health: 17/35 (5+27+4)

Ether: 8/44 (5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold: 2827

Equipment: Solemn Dagger (WP: 12, darkness-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory: Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), False Lips (Rolling Pleasure House and KISS AND MAKE UP causes poisoned by 5 in addition to other effects, suitable for harlots only, accessory.), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Prayer Beads (Makes the wearer permanently blessed; accessory.), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Remedy, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Soma, Poison Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Bright Polish, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage), Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)