darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Thoughts on a new Jabba's Sail Barge being released anytime in the next 1-2 years?

6210 was released in 2006, followed up by 75020 in 2013....but with the 2017 release of 75174 Desert Skiff Escape could there be another barge on the horizon? Part of my reasoning is that the last skiff (9496) was released in 2012, just one year prior to 75020.

Edited by eliminator

Just now, eliminator said:

Thoughts on a new Jabba's Sail Barge being released anytime in the next 1-2 years?

6210 was released in 2006, followed up by 75020 in 2013....but with the 2017 release of 75174 Desert Skiff Escape could there be another barge on the horizon? Part of my reasoning is that the last skiff (9496) was released in 2012, just one year prior to 75020.

Yeah, I could see a possible Jabba Sail Barge release. I rather have more sets that haven't been released in awhile come out though. We don't really need another sail barge.

Just now, Brickdad said:

We do, however, need a much better Jabba. Would love an updated Jabba's palace with Rancor set.

We need a updated Yoda for the original trilogy. We haven't gotten one since 2004. 

I think the most likely scenario for a new Sail Barge is as a UCS playset (emphasis on action features and minifigs) in the 1700-piece, $200US range. With all the new movies coming out, there are very few slots in the regular lineup for large-scale legacy reissues...

Bear in mind the decade from 2005-2015 saw no new movies, just the Clone Wars show, so there was lots of space on the shelves for sets to be reissued over and over again, sometimes with only minor improvements. We probably won't see that frequency of reissues until Disney stops making new Star Wars movies.

4 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think the most likely scenario for a new Sail Barge is as a UCS playset (emphasis on action features and minifigs) in the 1700-piece, $200US range. With all the new movies coming out, there are very few slots in the regular lineup for large-scale legacy reissues...

Bear in mind the decade from 2005-2015 saw no new movies, just the Clone Wars show, so there was lots of space on the shelves for sets to be reissued over and over again, sometimes with only minor improvements. We probably won't see that frequency of reissues until Disney stops making new Star Wars movies.

That's my thought as well. With more and more new SW content on the horizon there will be less shelf space for the OT and even CW sets. For some of the 2017 OT sets like the A-Wing, Landspeeder, and Desert Skiff they are limited retail exclusives.

Hopefully we will still get a healthy dose of medium to large OT sets in the future, even if they are remakes. (Cloud City, Yoda's Hut, Tantive IV, etc).

Side note: I'm close to pulling the trigger on a MISB 8038 Battle of Endor set to go with my Ewok Village, Ewok Attack, and Endor Battle Packs. I'm just fearful of a 8038 re-release as the bunker scenes are quite memorable and prime for a rehash.

18 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Side note: I'm close to pulling the trigger on a MISB 8038 Battle of Endor set to go with my Ewok Village, Ewok Attack, and Endor Battle Packs. I'm just fearful of a 8038 re-release as the bunker scenes are quite memorable and prime for a rehash.

I've gone back and forth on that set as well. The look of the bunker is nice, as is the glider, but I don't see much value in the minifigs or the scout walker, all of which have been upgraded since that set came out. You can bricklink the bunker for a fraction of what that set sells for on eBay, which is what always holds me back. 

I think an enlarged, updated Ewok Bunker Attack set is actually the most likely candidate for the next UCS playset, even ahead of Jabba's Sail Barge... especially since the Ewok Village supposedly sold well. I do have a hard time imagining how they would scale it up to UCS status... adding the landing platform would probably make it too large for the $200-$250 price range, and a radar dish would look horribly out of scale at almost any size...

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

I've gone back and forth on that set as well. The look of the bunker is nice, as is the glider, but I don't see much value in the minifigs or the scout walker, all of which have been upgraded since that set came out. You can bricklink the bunker for a fraction of what that set sells for on eBay, which is what always holds me back. 

Same here, I have 2x 75153 AT-ST walkers so really just want the bunker and the glider to go with my other Endor sets. Perhaps I will take a look at bricklinking it.

Off topic: does anyone have a bricklist for just the 8038 bunker?

5 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think an enlarged, updated Ewok Bunker Attack set is actually the most likely candidate for the next UCS playset, even ahead of Jabba's Sail Barge... especially since the Ewok Village supposedly sold well. I do have a hard time imagining how they would scale it up to UCS status... adding the landing platform would probably make it too large for the $200-$250 price range, and a radar dish would look horribly out of scale at almost any size...

UCS Assault on Endor!

• Includes huge bunker door with super-exposed Technic beams and gears behind; plus lookout tower which pops out of the top!
  • Includes 75153 AT-ST with very slight modifications to interior!
  • Includes very small control room behind to turn off the shields!
  • Includes another very small blaster recharging room as well as a tiny Technic "crane" to move crates around!
  • Includes 2 Speeder Bikes!
  • Comes with two small trees that can be clipped around the bunker (or even put on top!!)
  • Includes hideosly undersized radar dish that has a colorful Technic mechanism to make the dish pop off!
  • Includes Ewok Glider with only 1 wing!
  • Minifigures: Luke, Han, 5x Rebel Commando, Wicket, C-3PO, R2-D2, 2x Ewoks, 2x Scout Troopers! (No Leia, because she was totally unimportant to the scene)

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

(No Leia, because she was totally unimportant to the scene)

Is this you referencing Assault on Hoth not having Leia in it?

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

Is this you referencing Assault on Hoth not having Leia in it?

Yes, if you look at my list I tried to copy Assault on Hoth to fit an Endor setup.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Yes, if you look at my list I tried to copy Assault on Hoth to fit an Endor setup.

Don't think that would sell well for some reason...

20 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

UCS Assault on Endor!

• Includes huge bunker door with super-exposed Technic beams and gears behind; plus lookout tower which pops out of the top!
  • Includes another very small blaster recharging room as well as a tiny Technic "crane" to move crates around!
  • Comes with two small trees that can be clipped around the bunker (or even put on top!!)
  • Includes hideosly undersized radar dish that has a colorful Technic mechanism to make the dish pop off!
  • Minifigures: Luke, Han, 5x Rebel Commando, Wicket, C-3PO, R2-D2, 2x Ewoks, 2x Scout Troopers! (No Leia, because she was totally unimportant to the scene)

Neat idea, but I think just a re-hashed Endor bunker with 4-5 minifigs would suffice. Something like the Battle on Scarif set.

13 hours ago, eliminator said:

Neat idea, but I think just a re-hashed Endor bunker with 4-5 minifigs would suffice. Something like the Battle on Scarif set.

I'm fairly sure VaderFan2187 is being facetious. I think we all hope that LEGO has heard the criticism of the UCS Assault on Hoth playset and wouldn't make the same mistakes on an Endor Bunker UCS set (if such a set ever came to be). 

If you're hoping for a smaller-scaled Endor Bunker, I think this year's Scarif set actually makes it less likely we'll see it any time soon. The two bunkers are too similar for LEGO to sell them concurrently, and since the Scarif set likely won't be retired for another year, I doubt we'd see a similarly-scaled Endor Bunker set until the second half of 2018, best case.

Edited by jdubbs

Just now, jdubbs said:

I'm fairly sure VaderFan2187 is being facetious. I think we all hope that LEGO has heard the criticism of the UCS Assault on Hoth playset and wouldn't make the same mistakes on an Endor Bunker UCS set (if such a set ever came to be). 

Yep I am tongue-in-cheek. I hope we'll just get one big central bunker and maybe a few small builds. Plus balanced Empire/Rebel forces.

6 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Yeah, I could see a possible Jabba Sail Barge release. I rather have more sets that haven't been released in awhile come out though. We don't really need another sail barge.

I don't know if I see this... as you said, there is limited shelf space and I'm not sure how much Disney will want Lego pushing the PT OT stuff with the constant 12 month battery of movies on the horizon. However, I can imagine a UCS Jabba's Sail barge and I'd love to see it. Personally, I collect both UCS and "mini-fig" scale (meaning I don't mind having duplicates of ships/vehicles/places at both scales).

6 hours ago, Brickdad said:

We do, however, need a much better Jabba. Would love an updated Jabba's palace with Rancor set.

With all the controversy surrounding the last set, I'm not sure if we'll see one in the near future. The set was released in 2013 and pulled from shelves in 2013 (although you could still find it around well into 2014... but don't tell that to Lego). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/lego-jabbas-palace-racism_n_2993978.html

I wouldn't be shocked if Jabba's Palace becomes the next 10123 where we don't see it again for a very long time (if ever). I remember when all the news happened and Lego started pulling the set. It was pretty bad PR for them, and from a business/marketing perspective I'm not sure if that is the road they want to go down as a toy maker. If Disney doesn't ask/force them to do it... I don't really see if happening... but that it just my humble opinion.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Battle on Endor was a nice set. The playability was nice, the fact that it opening/closed was cool, the exploding walls/battle damage are pretty sweet, and it came with a lot of figures (enough to mimic a small battle). The negatives were that they never came out with any add-on sets. Three sets that snapped together would have been pretty freaking cool (one as the bunker, one as the exploding shield generator, and one as the landing platform with skytunnel. They could have even thrown a small imperial shuttle or AT-AT in the mix to spice up whichever of the three sets was least interesting.

One thing to note... I actually prefered the AT-ST in the Battle of Endor to both the new Rogue One set and the UCS set. It was a really tight build with nice scale and somewhat sturdy construction. It was one of those side-builds that you put together and you can't think of any way that you would have done it differently. It is the only lego-related item I have on my work desk.

On 24.5.2017 at 7:00 AM, thorin said:

One thing to note... I actually prefered the AT-ST in the Battle of Endor to both the new Rogue One set and the UCS set. It was a really tight build with nice scale and somewhat sturdy construction. It was one of those side-builds that you put together and you can't think of any way that you would have done it differently. It is the only lego-related item I have on my work desk.

Yeahh, The Endor AT-ST definitley had a better scale that the new one. Besides that it had that nice walking mechanism and looked better.

On 24-5-2017 at 1:39 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

UCS Assault on Endor!

X-D

• treebranches can placed somewhere else making it a modular set

TIE Bomber: set includes a TIE pilot, Admiral Ozzel, Zuckuss, and an Imperial Astromech. Set comes with a highly detailed TIE bomber, with features including a bomb drop function, opening cockpit, spring missiles etc. £69.99

Naboo Royal Starship: set comes with Queen Amidala, Padme in decoy outfit, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ric Olie, Captain Panaka, R2-D2 and two other astromechs. Set includes the Royal Starship with interior featuring the cockpit, throne room, atstromech storage room etc. £109.99

Rebel Base on Atollon: set comes with Hera Syndulla, Garazeb Orrellios, AP-5, Wedge Antilles, Rex, x2 Rebel soldiers and a Rebel pilot. Set includes Chopper Base with hangar, cargo area, hologram room and various other areas. Set also includes a Krykna spider. £129.99

Bendu Encounter: set comes with Kanan Jarrus (blind) with regular and wooden lightsaber, Ezra Bridger with lightsaber and Sabine Wren with Mandalorian weapons, wooden lightsaber and Darksaber. Set includes a Bendu buildable figure (think Clayface) with interchangeable arms: one regular pair, and another one with lightning emerging from his hands to represent when he is angry. Set also includes some rocks to train Sabine. Set features include completely posable Bendu that can be folded into a hidden position, stud shooters on his lightning hands, a feature on the rocks which causes Sabine to fall. £44.99

15 minutes ago, Sir Brickalot said:

TIE Bomber: set includes a TIE pilot, Admiral Ozzel, Zuckuss, and an Imperial Astromech. Set comes with a highly detailed TIE bomber, with features including a bomb drop function, opening cockpit, spring missiles etc. £69.99

Naboo Royal Starship: set comes with Queen Amidala, Padme in decoy outfit, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ric Olie, Captain Panaka, R2-D2 and two other astromechs. Set includes the Royal Starship with interior featuring the cockpit, throne room, atstromech storage room etc. £109.99

Rebel Base on Atollon: set comes with Hera Syndulla, Garazeb Orrellios, AP-5, Wedge Antilles, Rex, x2 Rebel soldiers and a Rebel pilot. Set includes Chopper Base with hangar, cargo area, hologram room and various other areas. Set also includes a Krykna spider. £129.99

Bendu Encounter: set comes with Kanan Jarrus (blind) with regular and wooden lightsaber, Ezra Bridger with lightsaber and Sabine Wren with Mandalorian weapons, wooden lightsaber and Darksaber. Set includes a Bendu buildable figure (think Clayface) with interchangeable arms: one regular pair, and another one with lightning emerging from his hands to represent when he is angry. Set also includes some rocks to train Sabine. Set features include completely posable Bendu that can be folded into a hidden position, stud shooters on his lightning hands, a feature on the rocks which causes Sabine to fall. £44.99

Awesome. If only it were true I'd be happy and broke ;)

On 2/7/2017 at 3:56 AM, Supersonic said:

First sorry Supersonic it says I quoted you. I am posting from mobile and it won't let me delete something on here from February :tongue:

Anyways, I want a large UCS Millennium Falcon to come out while I am a college student. It needs to be worth at least a month of rent or half the cost of a semester of tuition. It needs to be full of exclusive minifigures that will make me envious. It needs to be on the shelf long enough for me to work hard to have the money to buy it, then be retired just as I have the cash to buy it. It's price then needs to hyperinflate so high it requires me to take out a large loan to buy it; or painstakingly Bricklink it piece by piece. Then under crushing debt having got the set, this set will be out of date when UCS Falcon #3 is released in 2027 for the 50th anniversary...:laugh:

Edited by xboxtravis7992

3 hours ago, Sir Brickalot said:

Yes please! When was the last system-scale TIE Bomber ?

IT WAS IN 2003! - 14 years ago....

Come on LEGO, we need a new one!!!

We also need TIE Interceptor (last one was 2006) a set with OT Yoda (last one was in 2004)...

3 hours ago, Sir Brickalot said:

The Tie bomber could possibly happen, but probably not with those minifigures. I'm sure Lego has Zuckuss planned in another set. And I would love for Bendu to get a set. I think it is still a possibility, because Lego is pretty late with releasing Rebels sets.

4 hours ago, Sir Brickalot said:

TIE Bomber sounds perfect , it is also in my top 5 most wanted (Tantive IV UCS- re-release, Cloud City, Nebulon-B, and Vader's Castle )

For Naboo Royal Starship, chrome exterior ?