darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Just now, Helghan said:

I'd like to agree but they've already shown that they will not based on the current lore. The Old EU saw the Empire smarten up and mellow out a bit without a megalomaniac sith in charge. The new canon ruins any semblance of that with the utterly barbaric First Order.

Yeah, that's true. At least the EU is already out and people can believe whatever they want.

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Yeah, that's true. At least the EU is already out and people can believe whatever they want.

Agreed. I don't really hold too much weight with what comes out now but I still love the franchise and of course I'll still keep up with it. We'll see based on TLJ.

And after all...your profile picture is an EU character :)

Edited by Helghan
Adding on

Just now, Helghan said:

Agreed. I don't really hold too much weight with what comes out now but I still love the franchise and of course I'll still keep up with it. We'll see based on TLJ.

TLJ looks good. Especially if it as Yoda, like some have speculated.

Edited by Franklinw1234

10 hours ago, Helghan said:

I'd like to agree but they've already shown that they will not based on the current lore. The Old EU saw the Empire smarten up and mellow out a bit without a megalomaniac sith in charge. The new canon ruins any semblance of that with the utterly barbaric First Order.

Well, it doesn't have to be the same as the old lore, otherwise the deletion of all that stuff would be for nothing. But they could come out with some new stories, and instead, they are just releasing tie-ins to tie-ins and that, you're absolutely right, just makes the universe feel so small. Everyone is connected to everyone. They need to break free of that and I hope they realize that sooner than later. Anyways, we're wandering off topic, sorry for the intermezzo...

So should we even expect Rebels Season 4 sets? We only got one single set for Season 3. One set. 

19 minutes ago, Ultron said:

So should we even expect Rebels Season 4 sets? We only got one single set for Season 3. One set. 

I would expect at least one set. Probably more than that though, since it's the last season of the show.

I'd guess 2-3 sets at most, especially since there will be a pileup of sets from TLJ and Red Cup being released just six months apart, not to mention the possibility of more Rogue One sets. Probably leaning heavily on original trilogy designs (TIE Bomber, X-Wing... if we're lucky, a Rebel Blockade Runner or Hammerhead Corvette) for crossover appeal, since previous sets based on original Rebels designs apparently didn't sell that well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mandalorian something or other since they are figuring more prominently in recent episodes, and are popular with the fanboys.

The SW Lego lineup for 2017 seems pretty much locked up at this point, so if the last season of Rebels (which is abbreviated, at only 14-15 eps) begins this fall, then it seems any new Rebels sets would need to be part of the January 2018 wave... at which point, the show may have already ended. 

Edited by jdubbs

Yeah...I guess I'm just a bit disappointed with how Lego treated the series recently. They definitely could've done more for season 3. We never even got a Rebels Darth Maul. Here's hoping for season 4, although we won't see anything until next winter unfortunately..

Just now, Ultron said:

Yeah...I guess I'm just a bit disappointed with how Lego treated the series recently. They definitely could've done more for season 3. We never even got a Rebels Darth Maul. Here's hoping for season 4, although we won't see anything until next winter unfortunately..

I really want a Lego bendu, but I know that will never happen. It would be cool to see how they would do him.

2 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I really want a Lego bendu, but I know that will never happen. It would be cool to see how they would do him.

That would be really cool! Too bad I doubt it would ever happen :sceptic:

Just now, Ultron said:

That would be really cool! Too bad I doubt it would ever happen :sceptic:

Maybe when they come back to Rebels in a few years? That is getting hopes up though. 

I'm not sure who to blame for LEGO's failure (?) with its Rebels line. The first few sets were cool, but they were based on retro, McQuarrie-esque designs. The show really didn't produce many compelling original designs for the next few seasons, which makes it hard for LEGO to sell sets. But then, once there are cool designs in the show, LEGO opts instead to produce ill-conceived sets like the A-Wing/Vader TIE combo — which should have been two sets each costing ⅓ what it did —and the completely uninspiring Rebel Combat Frigate and Imperial Assault Whatever, which would have been a lot more popular had they been a Hammerhead and an Interdictor instead. The Mad Maxified AT-TE was cool, but that barely qualifies as an original design, and there was just an AT-TE on shelves a few years earlier.

I also think expectations may have been too high for Rebels toys... collectors assume there should be as many toys for it as there were for the Clone Wars, and I bet LEGO assumed Rebels toys would sell as well as Clone Wars toys did. But Clone Wars existed in a relative vacuum, with no other movies vying for kids' and collectors' attention. I'm guessing that with so many SW movies and shows being released now, it'll be a while before LEGO revisits Rebels after the series ends... if they ever do.

I'm curious whether Freemaker sets sell any better than Rebels sets do (I'd be surprised, but then there's no accounting for kids' tastes). Though with Freemaker, LEGO has a vested interest in keeping products on the shelves... 

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I'm not sure who to blame for LEGO's failure (?) with its Rebels line. The first few sets were cool, but they were based on retro, McQuarrie-esque designs. The show really didn't produce many compelling original designs for the next few seasons, which makes it hard for LEGO to sell sets. But then, once there are cool designs in the show, LEGO opts instead to produce ill-conceived sets like the A-Wing/Vader TIE combo — which should have been two sets each costing ⅓ what it did —and the completely uninspiring Rebel Combat Frigate and Imperial Assault Whatever, which would have been a lot more popular had they been a Hammerhead and an Interdictor instead. The Mad Maxified AT-TE was cool, but that barely qualifies as an original design, and there was just an AT-TE on shelves a few years earlier.

I also think expectations may have been too high for Rebels toys... collectors assume there should be as many toys for it as there were for the Clone Wars, and I bet LEGO assumed Rebels toys would sell as well as Clone Wars toys did. But Clone Wars existed in a relative vacuum, with no other movies vying for kids' and collectors' attention. I'm guessing that with so many SW movies and shows being released now, it'll be a while before LEGO revisits Rebels after the series ends... if they ever do.

I'm curious whether Freemaker sets sell any better than Rebels sets do (I'd be surprised, but then there's no accounting for kids' tastes). Though with Freemaker, LEGO has a vested interest in keeping products on the shelves... 

With the new freemaker set they all have cool characters Quarrie (Rebels), 4LOM (OT), and MOC the droid hunter. They aren't that original. They are mostly using  characters that were already made, like the bounty hunters. I'm sure Lego will find a way to make it seem that the freemakers gets good sales. If the bounty hunter battle pack didn't have the freemaker association people would still buy it. Freemakers is a good way to get some cool characters though.

I just got a look at the design of Kylo Ren's TIE and it's lazy!

They basically copy pasted the cockpit of a TIE phantom and snapped the wings of the main line of TIE advanced from the EU. 

The ship looks good but damn...

Okay guys what Original or Prequel Trilogy sets would you like to see made or redesigned? 

Heres mine...

Seperatist Shuttle: Tan shuttle with Wat Tambor, Magnaguard, Battle droid and Greivous. 

Jango Fett's Slave One (won't happen due to the new Starfighter): Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Lama su

Republic SPHA- T walker: Yoda, Pablo-Jill, Clone Commander, Clone trooper, 2x Super battle droid 

Wookie Catamaran: Baris Offee, Tarful, Wookie Warrior, 2x battle droid 

CIS Landing Craft: Nute Gunray, 8x battle droid, Padme, Captain Tarpals 

Cloud City: Lando, Han, leia, Chewbacca, Luke, C3-PO, R2-D2, Vader, Lobot, 2x Stormtrooper, Ugnaught

Yoda's Hut: Yoda, Luke Skywalker, R2-D2

Tie Bomber: Admiral Ozzel, Tie Pilot, Stormtrooper 

Yoda's Hut (contents as mentioned above)

Mos Eisley Cantina (revisited with larger area, barman and more new minifigs)

Tuscan Raider Battlepack (2 Raiders, 2 Bantha's and Tent)

In addition to everything listed above, I'd add:

1. OT X-Wing (maybe a swampy version, packaged with Yoda's Hut, as they did before).
  2. TIE Interceptor
  3. TIE Fighter
  4. Endor Bunker Battle (I suspect/hope this will be the next UCS playset)
  5. AT-AT (UCS)
  6. Grievous' Starfighter
  7. Mustafar Duel (in an ideal world, similar to ChristopherLee's MOC)

I think the problem with rebel sets is not that there is too much competition or the show isn't liked.
It's the laziness shown by Lego in the sets. Wrong skin color Sabine and Ezra, wrong color Sabine's helmet (absent in 2/3 sets that features her), a lot of repeat minifigures while we only got Zeb in 1 set. No helmet for the clones commander in the walker set. The frigate set is so random we see the ship for less than 1 minute. They should have made the corelian frigate instead. The overpriced Tie fighter vs A-wing.
They could have made great sets for rebels and I am sure they would have sold well to kids and AFOLs alike. It's like Lego gave up on the show and said 'We have to make sets but we will do the minimum and be done with it'

I just want an ARC fighter from episode 3 and some phase 1 clones!

I would like to see star wars themed baseboards; death star hanger, rebel base, endor landing platform, hoth snowscape... perhaps as part of a higher priced 'battle pack' range?

I don't think they would work as a stand alone item, but I think it would give added play value a (smaller?) set. Some of the re-released models like the minifigure scale snowspeeder for example, if a re-hashed version came with a tailored 32 x 32 baseboard (or two), it would certainly make me really want that set.

Maybe even a 'raised plate' Tatooine homestead could work?

Lego needs to put effort in their sets,

- Acclamator (AOC)

- Republic Commando (CW)

- Nebulon  B Frigate (ESB)

- Yoda's Hut (ESB)

- Imperial Cargo Ship (RO)

-Cloud City (ESB)

-Battle of Endor (ROTJ)

-Trade Fedaration Ship (PM)

Sorry if I misspelled some stuff.

22 hours ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

everyone talking about rebels and there is me sitting here hoping for a new snowtroopers battlepack

I think they would sell more Assault on Hoth if they had a decent snowtrooper BP on the market.

4 hours ago, duboismerci said:

I think they would sell more Assault on Hoth if they had a decent snowtrooper BP on the market.

Very true, i would love a larger snowtrooper army 

36 minutes ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

Very true, i would love a larger snowtrooper army 

But there are only about 10 Snowtroopers total shown on-screen in Empire Strikes Back.  Honestly, I think Hoth characters are pretty well covered at this point, unless they decide to release a cheaper set with rare characters, a la the "Bounty Hunter Battle Pack" and "Darth Vader Transformation".  I apologize if I or someone else has said this before--I honestly don't remember :laugh:--but I could see LEGO doing an amazing job with a $40-ish set consisting of the Command Center and Bacta Tank room of Echo Base.  Minifigures: Updated General Rieekan, Hoth Leia, Luke in a diaper, and a sturdier 2-1B (I hate those Battle Droid legs; they're so flimsy).

As far as other sets I'd like, it's all been said before: Rogue One updated X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, AT-ACT, Cargo Shuttle, Saw's catacombs, Eadu flight station.   The main OT ships are perennial classics, so I'm positive we'll see some of them again soon, especially given that the Empire will likely appear in some capacity in the new Han Solo movie.  Now it's just a waiting game, and I'm trying not to break down and buy 9492, 75054, and 75055 on eBay or Bricklink.  :wink:

Edited by RogueTwo