darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I'd mainly like some of the old figs in the new, non-TCW style. Perhaps even a set with Satine, though that will never happen.

Beyond that, a new Venator would be nice, or maybe an Arquitens, though I'd likely swap to imperial colors.

All the battle droids!

Firefighter battle droids

AAT driver battle droids

Rocket Super battle droids

More tactical droid variants

super tactical droids

Magnaguard no cape version

Aqua battle droids

and the white training battle droids from the Domino Squad episode :laugh:

A battle of Kamino set and a droid control ship would fulfil all of these needs

Super Tank with Poggle, new Tactical Droid and 2 droid pilots.

Eta-class Shuttle with updated S3 Anakin and Obi-Wan, Father, Daughter and Son with bigfigs/animal moulds of the Daughter's and Son's alternative forms. Includes Jedi Jumpspeeder.

Citadel BP (Separatists) with 2 red security droids, 2 Lola Sayu-themed Commando Droids and a brick-built Crab Droid.

Umbaran Starfighter with ARC Trooper Fives, Hardcase, Jesse and an updated Umbaran Soldier.

Tecora with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Rex in disguises and Darts D'Narr and a Zygerrian. Perhaps with a brick-built Blixus and cages with birds. This will probably never happen though.

Hound's Tooth with bald CW Boba with helmet, CW Bossk, CW Dengar, Bounty Hunter Ventress, Latts Razzi and C-21 Highsinger. Also very unlikely.

Ahsoka's Jedi Interceptor (Eta-2) with updated S3 Ahsoka, R7-A7 and BH Ventress with helmet (helmet and lightsabers can be added to a Barriss minifig from another possible new set).

Jedi Temple… CW or PT themed but it just has to happen. Perhaps UCS.

Some kind of Separatist capital ship besides the Malevolence would be nice.

On 26.3.2017 at 6:41 PM, Goonmo said:

I honestly think that Hasbro might have some exclusive rights to selling individual Star Wars figures. I thought that this was also the reason why Marvel and Star Wars funko pop figures were bobble heads to work around this. I would think that this would prevent Lego from selling a minifigure series, because I think it would do very well regardless of what figures would come in the series. Lego is able to sell constraction figures as buildable figures but lone minifigs might cut it too close.

They had it once, but I think with Disney taking over Lucas Arts they lost the exclusive rights. But why would TLC sell minifigs seperatly when they aswell could make overprized 30€ sets that you only buy for the figures?

4 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

They had it once, but I think with Disney taking over Lucas Arts they lost the exclusive rights. But why would TLC sell minifigs seperatly when they aswell could make overprized 30€ sets that you only buy for the figures?

I think that's the main thing. They can rely on X-Wings and Star Destroyers to sell themselves, but Unkar's junk shop and the "pit that Darth Maul falls into" have to rely heavily on the figures to sell sets. Minifigures pretty much define the Star Wars line of sets. I don't think we'll ever see any collectible figure series for Star Wars outside of polybags. R3-M2 and whatever else comes in that style of polybag with the stand and backdrop will most likely be the closest thing we get. 

UCS Venator ,501st Battlepack or shock trooper battlepack ,UCS Geonosis Arena .UCS  C-9979 Trade Federation landing ship,

I wonder why Lego didn't do the Umbaran fighter, maybe it's to difficult to have a good result in bricks. But something about Umbara and 501th is still require, it could be the Umbaran Hover tank, with of course Fives, new umbaran soldier, 501th ARF trooper, Jesse or hardcase.

A pirate sidecar could be nice too, with some padawans.

A jedi turbo speeder will be a good idea also, and a opportunity to give us some beautiful Coruscant characters as phase II Fox and Jedi temple guard. The speeder itself is great in its lines and colours, it would be a good set I think.

What I dont and will never understand is why we never got a battlepack of regular phase II clones (no printing) or all 501st troopers (phase II)?

One vehicle that has always been a glaring omission to me is the rx200 falchion-class assault tank.

It has featured heavily in canon and there is even a LEGO variant in the clone wars game, it would be easy to make and be relatively cheap too ($50/60).

So many... off the top of my head, vehicles first:

• Maul's Mandalorian Guantlet Fighter (We may see this yet in Rebels line) 
  • The "Turtle Tanker" 
  • Hound's Tooth
  • SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 3000
  • Coruscant Speeder reissue - with Ziro the Hutt this time!!
  • Reissue system scale Venator
  • System scale munificent class frigate (I must have this)

Locations: 

• Ziro's bar (I know they will never make it, but still...)
  • Jedi Temple
  • Nightsister temple with Mother Talzin + Nightsister battle pack (major omission from the toy line IMO!!)
  • Eminence Battle (Maul/Savage vs Palps)
  • Breakout from Kavado (why not?)
  • Kamino Clone facility (could you imagine it as a UCS?)

~/ Initiating protocol....

...Prepare comments or posts wishing we'll get more Freemaker sets in future sets. Because of Zuckuss --

B3yLKJj.png

btw, this is the right topic for wishlist folks. :)

Weidly enough, his speeder is the one from 2002's Tusken Raider Encounter set. They definitely have the model for his head ready, but he won't be released with that bike.

Given how hard it is to get the bounty hunters to make sense in an OT set that isn't a SSD, another Freemakers set with Zuckuss is pretty much a given.

7 hours ago, makoy said:

...Prepare comments or posts wishing we'll get more Freemaker sets in future sets. Because of Zuckuss --

*snip*
btw, this is the right topic for wishlist folks. :)

Is it possible that TLG will use the same mold for Zuckuss' head as they used for 4-Loom? (with a new print ofcourse).

Is this possible? The "tentacles", or tubes hanging for Zuckuss head would have to be printed instead of molded. But other than that the Head-shap is pretty similar.

I know this probably Isn't what everyone wants - but it significantly increases the chance we actually will see Zuckuss in minfig form... 

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

The Freemaker's bike looks like a modified version of Kanan's. I hope we'll get a small speeder bike with Zander and Zuckuss.

3 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Is it possible that TLG will use the same mold for Zuckuss' head as they used for 4-Loom? (with a new print ofcourse).

Is this possible? The "tentacles", or tubes hanging for Zuckuss head would have to be printed instead of molded. But other than that the Head-shap is pretty similar.

I know this probably Isn't what everyone wants - but it significantly increases the chance we actually will see Zuckuss in minfig form... 

I might agree with you, expect that they added tubes to the Ep 7 Tie Pilot helmets. If they make Zuckuss I think they'll add tubing.

17 hours ago, makoy said:

Snip*

Btw, this is the right topic for wishlist folks. :)

Well that explains the otherwise random seeming bounty hunter pack. Selling those 4 characters to us is easy, but I was curious as to how they'd sell them to children. Apparently the answer was to put them in Freemakers. Very smart. And just think of how much AFOLs complain about that line. Shame they included Dengar again though, this would have been the perfect opportunity for Zucuss, and forced people to buy the Eclipse or seek him out on the second hand market.

Edited by bootz

I think Lego should make a trash compactor set like the Star Wars celebration detention block and the final duel sets. I think that a trash compactor could stand as a set by itself and not just get represented in the Death Star again. It would be cool to see how Lego would do this.

Edited by Franklinw1234

Here's a list of some wishlist sets. I've tried to focus on Characters that are important that we don't have yet (or are in need of an upgrade) as the main points of the sets. Some characters are just tagged onto sets that they somewhat relate to mostly because anything featuring them wouldn't really work as a set, so I'm trying to keep it as realistic as possible to sets we could actually get.

Episode I

1. Gungan Patrol. Either a Fambaa (Gungan Shield Generator carrying animals) or a Kaadu based set.

Figures: Gungan Warrior and Boss Nass and maybe a few droids.

2. Watto's Junkshop. Similar to Unkar's shop from 75148, including the hyperdrive and/or a podracer.

Figures: Junkyard C-3PO, Watto, Anakin Skywalker, and either Qui-Gon, Padme, or a new podracer we don't have yet.

Episode II

I think a lot of sets from Attack of the Clones are overdue for a remake. A lot of people are quick to point out that half of Empire Strikes Back is often ignored by Lego, but a large portion of Episode II is also under represented in sets.

1. Bounty Hunter Pursuit, or at least Zam Wesell's speeder.

Figures: We just need an updated Zam Wesell so I'll settle with anything, even a book, to see this figure with new printing.

2. Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter. There have been rumors we are getting it, and I hope we do but it's also the perfect set to add some Kaminoans to Lego.

Figures: Obi-Wan, R4-P17, Taun We.

3: Jango Fett's Slave I. I see this as a counterpart to the Jedi Starfighter.

Figures: Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Lama Su, and maybe a clone in one of the red jumpsuits.

4: Geonosis Arena Duel. Like many others, I think this is an important scene in the movie that deserves a set. It would be a great playset like Ewok Village and give plenty of opportunity for collecting new figures and animals.

Figures: Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jango Fett?, Count Dooku?, Mace Windu, probably a rusty C-3PO and R2-D2, A few Geonosians, A lot of Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids and Droidekas.

Episode III

This movie features Jedi at their height as well as their fall to Order 66. Sets from Revenge of the Sith have, and (hopefully) will continue to give us the opportunity to build a bigger collection of Jedi. Most of the sets for this movie will be Jedi focused outside of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

1. Battle on Mygeeto (Mainly based on Battlefront 2). Throw in a BARC Speeder and a small base for the droids and you have a nice $25 dollar set.

Figures: Galactic Marine Clone Trooper, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Super Battle Droids and a Droideka.

2. Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter. Exploding play feature? or is that too morbid.

Figures: Basically just an updated, movie accurate Plo Koon and his droid co-pilot.

3. The Invisible Hand. Doesn't need to be a UCS set, just something that stands up to previous system-scale Star Destroyers and the Tantive IV.

Figures: Grevious, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, various droids including Magna Guards.

4. Wookiee Flyer or a remake of the Wookiee Catamaran.

Figures: Random Wookiee Warriors other than Chewbacca or Tarful.

5. The Sundered Heart, or just give us something with Bail Organa and some form of Padme in it. I think this particular ship doesn't get enough screen time to warrant a set, especially when a Tantive IV update is largely welcomed, but I feel Bail Organa and Padme are too important characters to this movie (and Saga as a whole) that have not been released in any of the sets for Revenge of the Sith. I just don't know what sets they could fit into, and I don't want to copy all of Brickset's ideas so I'm not going to say Senate Duel (but yeah a Senate Duel set could probably work for both of these characters too). Padme has like a billion outfits, we need more than three.

Rogue One

Honestly, the sets for this movie were all pretty good, and we have pretty much every major ship and character from the movie in minifig form, so the list for this movie will be pretty light.

1. Imperial Cargo Shuttle. After the U-Wing, this is the main ship of this movie and I think it looks pretty cool.

Figures: Jyn Erso, Bodhi Rook, Galen Erso, Death Trooper.

2. Blue Leader's X-Wing Starfighter.

Figures: Blue Leader and his wonderful moustache, as well as whatever droid he uses.

Episode IV

1. Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Starfighter. Something to compete with the updated ship designs of the last few years. The 2012 version doesn't cut it anymore.

Figures: Luke, R2, Another Pilot we don't have yet?...

2. Yavin Rebel Command Center. Not a UCS Base, just the little situation room.

Figures: Leia, General Dodanna, Mon Mothma

3. Cantina Battlepack. With the summer release of the Bounty Hunter battlepack with named characters, we could hope the trend continues.

Figures: Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Kabe (small bat-like alien), Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead), or Muftak

Episode V

No more Hoth Please. At least for a year or two.

1. Tie Bomber. Self Explanatory, same bomb mechanism as current Y-Wing.

Figures: Tie Pilot, Captain Needa, Imperial Ground Crew

2. Twin-Pod Cloud Car

Figures: Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot 2x

3. Cloud City. Obviously another very much desired and needed set, I know it appears on everyone's list with the arena but it's for good reason. I think something similar to 75159 or something based off of the old Kenner playsets would look the best.

Figures: Leia, Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Vader, Lando Calrissian, Stormtroopers, C-3PO and R2, Ugnaught(s), (Released with Ice Cream Maker Guy Polybag Promo).

4. Yoda's Hut. No X-wing, just a small set.

Figures: Luke, Muddy R2, Yoda (with different, muddy printing), and maybe some sort of swamp monster.

(Sidenote: A Ghost of Obi-Wan would be cool. I'm hoping that the semi-transparent figures from Ninjago and the new Pirates of the Caribbean set are tests for a full transparent figure in the future.) 

Episode VI

1. Sandstorm Escape. Now, I don't think that Lego has ever released a set based off of deleted scenes, but...this would be a cool one to do. If you don't know, there was supposed to be a scene after the battle at the Sarlacc pit where you see the Heroes, Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Chewbacca and the droids, escape to through a Sandstorm to their ships and their outfits are pretty cool looking and would make for unique figures. Maybe they could be with polybags or books but I'd like to see them. Even Hasbro made figures based on this scene.

2. Endor Bunker Battle.

Figures: Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Ewoks, Stormtroopers, Imperial Officers.

Episode VII

I have absolutely no ideas, they've done a lot for this movie, almost too much. (See: Quadjumper set). Maybe a Takodana Battlepack similar to the one mentioned earlier for the Cantina or a small Ach To set with Luke and Rey. Other than that, Lego can take a break on The Force Awakens.

Alright, that was a long post. Sorry if this clogs the thread but I figured I'd throw in my ideas while there's a break in speculation. Thanks to anyone who read to the end and be sure to let me know what you think or give your ideas.

6 hours ago, Goonmo said:

(Sidenote: A Ghost of Obi-Wan would be cool. I'm hoping that the semi-transparent figures from Ninjago and the new Pirates of the Caribbean set are tests for a full transparent figure in the future.) 

Alright, that was a long post. Sorry if this clogs the thread but I figured I'd throw in my ideas while there's a break in speculation. Thanks to anyone who read to the end and be sure to let me know what you think or give your ideas.

I think that we will get a ghost Obi Wan soon. Lego just needs to make a set that would have him in it. They could do a dagobah or an endor set with him. We might just get him in a polybag, but I would expect him to come in a set.

You're not clogging the thread. This thread isn't even used all that much.

Luke's X-wing. In grey this time, with 4-wide engines and an accurate cockpit piece. Ideally it would come with a small Yoda's hut and some dagobah surroundings (like in 75149 with jakku, except bigger). It could come with: dagobah training Luke, pilot Luke (i wish, but for real it would be probably only one of the two), Yoda (not just the one that recntly came in sets like 75017, 75168, but a different version that is accurate to the ESB/ROTJ costume), dirty R2, and force ghost Obi-wan. The last system X-wing was released in 2012 and has been retired for at least several years now, and I think that both resistance X-wings will also be retired soon. I would be really suprised if there is no X-wing at the end of this year or next year, and I hope that it's a set similar to 4502, just in the contemporary style.

2 hours ago, atlas said:

Luke's X-wing. In grey this time, with 4-wide engines and an accurate cockpit piece. Ideally it would come with a small Yoda's hut and some dagobah surroundings (like in 75149 with jakku, except bigger). It could come with: dagobah training Luke, pilot Luke (i wish, but for real it would be probably only one of the two), Yoda (not just the one that recntly came in sets like 75017, 75168, but a different version that is accurate to the ESB/ROTJ costume), dirty R2, and force ghost Obi-wan. The last system X-wing was released in 2012 and has been retired for at least several years now, and I think that both resistance X-wings will also be retired soon. I would be really suprised if there is no X-wing at the end of this year or next year, and I hope that it's a set similar to 4502, just in the contemporary style.

This is what I really want. We don't even have to get the x wing. I just want a updated Yoda's hut. We also need an updated OT Yoda. I said in the future minifigures thread that we probably need a new mold for the OT Yoda because he looks so different than the PT Yoda. Yoda is one of the most popular Star Wars characters so I think this will happen soon enough.