darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I know this is for future sets, not just 2017 winter sets, but I just wanted everyone to be aware that the set list is out. So, if you're hoping to see your set ideas in the 2017 winter sets, then check out that list to see all the sets. While I can't remember all the sets, there is a new Yoda's hut, RO battlepacks, and a Rebels set with Thrawn. Just wanted to let everyone know

I'd love to see the following:

Microfighters:

• V-Wing with Clone Pilot (Head double-printed to have fully-covered face on one side and face with tinted visor on the other)
  • Z-95 with Assault Clone Pilot
  • Rebel Y-Wing with Battle of Endor Y-Wing Pilot
  • B-Wing with B-Wing Pilot
  • Speeder bike with Endor Rebel Trooper
  • Ice-cutter speeder with Hoth Rebel Trooper
  • AAC-1 tank or weaponized X-34 landspeeder with ANH Rebel Trooper

Standard:

• Smaller, more budget-friendly X-Wing, Y-wing, B-wing sets, with blank-headed pilots whose identities are determined by stickers (This avoids the "Leftover figures" issue)
  • Fanblade Starfighter with Asajj Ventress.
  • A new Hyena Droid Bomber set, basically the same central body as 8016 (albeit with two pieces exchanged for a pair of shooter bricks) but with new, more accurate wings.
  • The Havoc with Nym and Kole (And barring separate sets of the Zoomer and the Freefall, perhaps Reti and Jinkins as well. LEGO has the parts for doing Toydarians and Bith). Kit Fisto's headpiece in medium or sand blue, with different printing, could be used for Nym's head. For those unfamiliar with it, the Havoc is a ship from the Legends continuity. It's a large "flying wing" bomber, almost like a fat angularized version of a TOS Cylon Raider from BSG. It starred in the games Star Wars: Starfighter and Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter. Ideally it would pack multiple shooter bricks, two downward-facing gatling cannons geared to fire in unison to represent the bombs, and maybe even a Technic cannon. It's a popular ship, with gimmick potential that would have children all over it.
  • A new Delta-7 Aethersprite Jedi Starfighter, with Episode II Obi-Wan and Adi Gallia (basically Stass Allie but with dark gray robes and a blue lightsabre). There are plenty of Clone Wars Delta-7Bs, yes, but the AotC movie version hasn't had a standard-class update ever. It could certainly use one, putting to use newer parts and the lessons learned from that slew of Delta-7Bs.
  • Another MTT remake, possibly in CIS colors to differentiate it from the 2014 version (which inexcusably regressed to the troop capacity of the 2000 version) it would be compensating for. This one would be designed with the same idea as the 2013 Republic Gunship: Doesn't come with a lot of troops, but has the space for them. After all, plenty of sets have come with battle droids that are loose or have no proper rack.
  • A new ARC-170. They've remade so much else from Episode III, may as well get this ship on the shelves again. It features prominently in the opening space battle and has cool gimmicks.
  • A CIS-liveried version of the 2015 AAT, coming with a Command Battle Droid instead of Jar-Jar.

I really want a Mustafar collection. Maybe 2 or 3 sets, including the hill that obi wan injured anakin on (with a jumping play feature on the platforms they stand on over lava to make it more kid-friendly) with obi wan with battle damaged robes, anakin with battle damaged robes, and burnt anakin. Another set could be padmes ship. It could have padme in a new outfit and hair, c-3po, and r2d2. The last set could be the largest and it would be the command center where anakin and obi wan fight that includes a play feature for the side to break off so anakin and obi could hand on that bridge thing. It would have anakin, obi wan, and maybe nute gunray or other separatist leaders.

Edited by joeyl19

Microfighters:

• V-Wing with Clone Pilot (Head double-printed to have fully-covered face on one side and face with tinted visor on the other)

Standard:

• Smaller, more budget-friendly X-Wing, Y-wing, B-wing sets, with blank-headed pilots whose identities are determined by stickers (This avoids the "Leftover figures" issue)
  • A new Hyena Droid Bomber set, basically the same central body as 8016 (albeit with two pieces exchanged for a pair of shooter bricks) but with new, more accurate wings.
  • The Havoc with Nym and Kole (And barring separate sets of the Zoomer and the Freefall, perhaps Reti and Jinkins as well. LEGO has the parts for doing Toydarians and Bith). Kit Fisto's headpiece in medium or sand blue, with different printing, could be used for Nym's head. For those unfamiliar with it, the Havoc is a ship from the Legends continuity. It's a large "flying wing" bomber, almost like a fat angularized version of a TOS Cylon Raider from BSG. It starred in the games Star Wars: Starfighter and Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter. Ideally it would pack multiple shooter bricks, two downward-facing gatling cannons geared to fire in unison to represent the bombs, and maybe even a Technic cannon. It's a popular ship, with gimmick potential that would have children all over it.
  • A new Delta-7 Aethersprite Jedi Starfighter, with Episode II Obi-Wan and Adi Gallia (basically Stass Allie but with dark gray robes and a blue lightsabre). There are plenty of Clone Wars Delta-7Bs, yes, but the AotC movie version hasn't had a standard-class update ever. It could certainly use one, putting to use newer parts and the lessons learned from that slew of Delta-7Bs.
  • Another MTT remake, possibly in CIS colors to differentiate it from the 2014 version (which inexcusably regressed to the troop capacity of the 2000 version) it would be compensating for. This one would be designed with the same idea as the 2013 Republic Gunship: Doesn't come with a lot of troops, but has the space for them. After all, plenty of sets have come with battle droids that are loose or have no proper rack.
  • A new ARC-170. They've remade so much else from Episode III, may as well get this ship on the shelves again. It features prominently in the opening space battle and has cool gimmicks.
  • A CIS-liveried version of the 2015 AAT, coming with a Command Battle Droid instead of Jar-Jar.

Dang man a new ARC 170 would be awesome. Unfortunately, Lego seems to be shying away from prequel sets. Edited by LegoBricksProductions

Microfighters:

Standard:

Don't think heads with stickers are a good idea.

470845371' post='2631727']

Seriously needs to be done, only because TCW is over does not mean there should not be any new sets.

A really big MTT is long overdue. But it should contain a lot of droids. Maybe even be UCS-sized

I'd love to see the Fanblade Starfighter, although it should definitely come with Mother Talzin alongside Asajj Ventress. Was so disapointed we never got a minifigure of her and the other Nightsisters.

I would be happy with more TCW sets but only if they stop using that god awful art style and depict them like in 75087 or the rebels sets

Dang man a new ARC 170 would be awesome. Unfortunately, Lego seems to be shying away from prequel sets.

What the heck gave you that impression? This year alone we've had Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, an Episode III remake of the 2013 Homing Spider Droid set, and a new Episode III Clone Turbo Tank.

Don't think heads with stickers are a good idea.

Seriously needs to be done, only because TCW is over does not mean there should not be any new sets.

A really big MTT is long overdue. But it should contain a lot of droids. Maybe even be UCS-sized

1. As thin and flat as modern decals are, I see minimal issues. But if you're so sure, then how about just alternate heads?

2. Ventress' fanblade is a carryover from the old flashtoon Clone Wars series anyway, and we did get its counterpart, Anakin's Azure Angel.

3. You entirely miss the point of what I propose.

Currently, the best MTT set out there is 7662 from 2007, which had rack space for and included 16 regular battle droids, plus had 2 pilot battle droids and 2 security battle droids. Pretty good. With a movielike rack design and with how compact battle droids are, an MTT would not have to be much bigger than that (if any bigger at all) to have an even greater capacity.

However, if 2014's MTT regressing to the troop rack capacity of the original 2000 set (a mere six droids) plus one to ride the STAP is anything to go by, Lego seems to no longer be willing to produce a standard class MTT set that comes with a large number of battle droids.

Therefore, I am proposing instead an MTT that comes with even fewer droids but still has rack space for several more, much as the 2013 Republic Gunship only comes with a couple of clones but has space for many more. In other words, rack comes mostly-empty but big, gets filled up with battle droids you've gotten from other sets.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman

It's not the look of stickers many if us are opposed to, it's the long term durability. Stickers fade, peel and crack in ways that printed parts usually don't. I'd rather have "leftover" heads I can swap around or sell than blank heads because the stickers aged.

Battle droids are super cheap to produce and on low demand, the last droid troop transport had 14 included and the set costed 40$. The MTT is just a very bad set.

I'm not big on the prequels, but I'd be in support of a Geonosis arena featuring molded creatures (can't stand brick-built). I'd also love to see some Nightsisters.

The new Rogue One trailer is out! I couldn't stop thinking that the 4-winged Imperial landing craft would make a great Lego set. 2017, perhaps? It's rumoured that we'll be seeing 2 RO sets next year.

The new Rogue One trailer is out! I couldn't stop thinking that the 4-winged Imperial landing craft would make a great Lego set. 2017, perhaps? It's rumoured that we'll be seeing 2 RO sets next year.

Yes, the trailer is awesome!!

The Star Destroyer made an appearance a good number of times. Come on Lego give us another UCS version, you know you want to - and it's bloody well time!

Yes, the trailer is awesome!!

The Star Destroyer made an appearance a good number of times. Come on Lego give us another UCS version, you know you want to - and it's bloody well time!

I thing (and I hope :blush: ) we'll see a new UCS version for 2017!!

What the heck gave you that impression? This year alone we've had Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, an Episode III remake of the 2013 Homing Spider Droid set, and a new Episode III Clone Turbo Tank

While it's definitely possible that LEGO could do an ARC 170, the rate at which prequel sets have been coming has slowed down tremendously over the past few years. Like, seriously, it seemed at though LEGO gave us nothing but Clone Wars and prequel sets from 2007-2014. However, since the 2014 summer wave, it seems as though LEGO has been more and more hesitant to give us prequel-based sets. Also, the negative reception for the 2014 MTT, 2015 Sith Infiltrator, and this year's Clone Turbo Tank isn't exactly helping people's cases about more prequel sets. Trust me, I want prequel sets as much as you do, but I wouldn't exactly be counting on them in the future, especially with Rogue One, The Force Awakens, Episode VIII, Rebels, and the Original Trilogy all sure to be getting new sets soon.

While I would LOVE to get one next year, I'm afraid it would be a bit too small to put in the winter wave of sets. I would expect the shuttle to be in the $80-$100 price range, so I doubt that we will see it with the winter sets. However, I think it is likely to be included in the summer 2017 wave.

Now that we've seen some wider shots of the settlements on Jedha thanks to the Rogue One trailer, I'd absolutely love to see a location set, like the Takodana set we got this year, based on Saw Gerrera's base. It could include Saw, Jyn, a couple of Stormies and maybe one of Saw's rebel comrades (perhaps an alien). Of course this idea comes from the fact that we know that Saw's rebel cell is based on this spiritual planet, so it would simply make sense to me.

No doubt we need a UCS Star Destroyer bigger then the last one somewhere in the upper 40 inch range .I'm hoping this will be the anniversary one. Cross our fingers .

Does anyone think a Jango's Slave 1 is in the works? Personally I would love a remake of that set, it's been 14 years since the last one.

Does anyone think a Jango's Slave 1 is in the works? Personally I would love a remake of that set, it's been 14 years since the last one.

This is one set I've always desperately wanted remade. I have the original one, but while I was building it I accidentally sat on it and destroyed most of my progress (I was about 8 years old building on the floor) and lost my momentum and never finished it. After the 2010 Slave 1 with the updated Boba Fett helmet I became very hopeful that a remake would happen, but felt robbed when TLG decided to just shoehorn Jango into the snail droid set back in 2012 when they did their big year of AOTC updates.

Lets hope we get a cool special set with both Jango's Slave 1 and Obi-Wan's red spearhead fighter from AOTC, and maybe Taun We!

I'm all for location based sets but Takodana was horrible ( save for the mini-figs ), and the nima outpost was so small because of the pieces the luggabeast took over the set.

Starwars as a theme has a freacking hard time with location based sets, and I would be pleasantly surprised if any of the three sets ( if they are location based of course ) can break that trend.

Based on what SvL said, the pricing will be 40, 60 and 70 respectivly for the three RO sets ( don't know of euros or us dollar ), so nothing too "big".

Edited by RetroInferno

Now that we've seen some wider shots of the settlements on Jedha thanks to the Rogue One trailer, I'd absolutely love to see a location set, like the Takodana set we got this year, based on Saw Gerrera's base. It could include Saw, Jyn, a couple of Stormies and maybe one of Saw's rebel comrades (perhaps an alien). Of course this idea comes from the fact that we know that Saw's rebel cell is based on this spiritual planet, so it would simply make sense to me.

I'm always in support of more location sets. I say bring it on.

I'd love to see more location based sets, especially the UCS kind like the Ewok Village. The ones I really want to see covered are:

Cloud City

Yavin IV Rebel Base

Lars Homestead

Mustafar Base

Geonosian Arena

Theed Palace

Jedi Temple

On a smaller scale other settings like Yoda's Hut, Maz's Cantina and the D'Qar Resistance Base would be welcome too.

I do wish we'd get better remakes though. Was a bit disapointed to see we're getting another Landspeeder and Desert Skiff so soon when there are others in much more need of an upgrade. The main ones I want to see remade most:

Bounty Hunter Pursuit

Jedi Starfighter

Jango Fett's Slave I

Imperial TIE Fighter

TIE Bomber

TIE Interceptor

Twin-Pod Cloud Car

Blue Jedi Interceptor (preferably with Commander Cody and Tion Meddon :grin: )

A UCS Lars Homestead could be great, but I don't think there would be enough characters to include as minifigures. The Geonosian Arena idea is fantastic, and hopefully it would have a good variety of Jedi and molded creatures.

Maz's Cantina is another one that would make for a good UCS set, if you ask me. That way, we could get a good bunch of those minifigures. Also, it would be a fun build.

I think there's enough characters from either trilogy to pick from for the Lars Homestead. Best case scenario would be if they included a mix of characters from multiple movies like the UCS Death Star did.

OT

Luke

R2-D2

Gold C-3PO

Old Owen

Old Beru

Biggs Darklighter

R5-D4

Jawas

Holographic Princess Leia microfigure

PT

Anakin

Padme

Silver C-3PO

Young Owen

Young Beru

Cliegg Lars

ROTS Obi-Wan with Baby Luke

:

Cloud City

Yavin IV Rebel Base

Lars Homestead

Mustafar Base

Geonosian Arena

Theed Palace

Jedi Temple

Bounty Hunter Pursuit

Jedi Starfighter

Jango Fett's Slave I

Imperial TIE Fighter

TIE Bomber

TIE Interceptor

Twin-Pod Cloud Car

Blue Jedi Interceptor (preferably with Commander Cody and Tion Meddon :grin: )

Bounty Hunter Pursuit and the Blue interceptor as sets that I for sure predicted would be released. Many would be happy if these sets were released aswell.

I can place a bet that an At-Act will be in the summer line right now...