Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

UCS Falcon and gold C-3PO

Long story short, after shopping all day yesterday and talking to my wife while shopping and driving. She made a good point I wanted to get some feedback on and hadn't though of before, nor saw discussed, here goes.

Will the Limited Edition 10179 all have a Gold C-3PO in them??

Her logic is there are between 1500 and 4500 LE Falcon and 10,000 C-3PO's and nothing aside from the Box and COA making the LE that special.

Anyone heard a rock solid number anyways?

It will aso have the regular C-3PO of course, but, the gold one..............

What do you think, Jamie

If anything it has worse chance, dollar for dollar.

1. Assuming the gold c3p0s are RANDOMLY placed, the LE MF only have 4500 (according to your estimate) sets vs say 500,000 of summer sets sold. The 500k is a rough estimate on my part, but you get the idea that it

I understand dollar for dollar, but, what she was saying is ALL LE Falcons would have a gold C-3PO in them to add their Limited-ness.

In which case dollar for dollar is void.

Maybe she's right, maybe not. Only time will tell. I am leaning toward not, but, I hope I am wrong!

I just though it would something cool to discuss.

Jamie

I doubt it. The whole point of the random insertions is to get people to buy Lego. Anyone who buys 10179 has no need of such a minor bit of persuasion... X-D

I really think its a big NO: Lego has $$$$ in mind so the best would be to put that golden one in affordable set that fans buy multiples of (to get their hands on it).

Lego should really put the chrome golden one in every UCS Falcon since its a >550

Yup. Sinner has it right. It won't be in every 10179. anyone who can afford it will buy it without the promotion of a golden c3p0. the COA is the primary driver of value for the first edition set. Perhaps in the second edition, they might consider placing a golden c3p0 to increase the value given that the COA will disappear then.

Target your purchase on lots of $20 sets if you really want to bag a gold c3p0. for those with bl or ebay stores, your best plan of action is hoth base. The mfs are valuable for army building and should sell well at ebay. So what you do is separate the mfs and the remaining pieces and sell them on ebay. Rinse and repeat until you get a gold c3p0.

The jedi starfighter seems to be the big seller on S@H, but only contains 2 mfs and the set cost $50.

Speaknspell (Lego Spokesman) over at the FBTB forums said he'd heard a "pretty resolute negative" to their being Golden C3P0s in the UCS MF. :-/

but if there is golden C3POs in the MF then they would only be placed in America versions of this set?

(see I ordered one when they first came out yet if I bought it in england there would be no chance of me getting a gold C3P0 anyway? )

*wacko* :-D

OK, but How do I for have the gold C-3PO ??? 8-|

1. buy sets from America and hope

2. buy one on ebay or bricklink

they are your only options ...

Hmmm...

I was thinking about this, too.

It would be unfair, if there weren't golden ones in any Falcons, just because of the logic, that people able to afford such an expensive set would get one anyway...

I do not think that TLC's logic works like that.

But then again I'm not in the position to complain, I guess...

There's only a few weeks until I get my hands on that baby!

*wub*

Contest on!

Gotta agree with the No's on this one, so far theirs been no suggestion what so ever that the new falcon would have one.

If there was a chance then i believe we would of at least heard a rumour by now.

OK, Thanks.

So, we can always hope. 8-|

But, How much The gold C-3PO on Bricklink and ebay?

Who have a gold 3PO HERE ?

Edited by Courleciel