TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

9 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

How many would scan in minifigures of TV/film characters who aren't kid friendly and upload the footage to YouTube, I wonder? LEGO wouldn't like that.

Very fair point; customs, 3rd party acessories or even clone brand figs in gameplay footage... :hmpf:

Also, I don't see how a program would be able to scan capes, oversized figure weapons and such, properly, let alone the character animations and abilities.

It should be possible with scientific tools I suppose, but for a LEGO game? Maybe the future is closer around the corner than I think? :shrug_oh_well:

I would assume it would be based on a recognition program. Patches would update new designs or templates and you couldn't necessary build a moc and scan it into the game, just released designs. So a purist custom character could in theory work, but a painted one would not. All purely speculation of a program that is unlikely to see the light of day.

1 hour ago, Brickweiser said:

I would assume it would be based on a recognition program. Patches would update new designs or templates and you couldn't necessary build a moc and scan it into the game, just released designs. So a purist custom character could in theory work, but a painted one would not. All purely speculation of a program that is unlikely to see the light of day.

I would imagine so.  And I would really hope that it would be good enough to distinguish arms, hands, and legs as separate and not always part of a pair (which I believe is the case in LEGO Worlds).

At any rate, it does not look like we will ever really find out as it seems Dimensions is ending.  Perhaps a future digital LEGO product could incorporate this concept.

Edited by x105Black

46 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Very fair point; customs, 3rd party acessories or even clone brand figs in gameplay footage... :hmpf:

They'd have to block any videos on copyright grounds if people started uploading some of minifigures related to IPs not in the game.

People bringing in Nazis and buildable swastikas, all kind of rifles and handguns build in bricks, satanic priests. Who's evil now Lord Vortech?!

Well the last livestream just happened. They showed the Beetlejuice world and had a fashion show. The very apparent lack of Year 3 news pretty much verifies the rumors. :sceptic:

Just now, GentlemanJoker said:

The very apparent lack of Year 3 news pretty much verifies the rumors. :sceptic:

Yeah, instead we got a 5 minute showing of Beetlejuice content and a cosplay contest.

59 minutes ago, Borex said:

People bringing in Nazis and buildable swastikas, all kind of rifles and handguns build in bricks, satanic priests. Who's evil now Lord Vortech?!

I guess you could say these would add a whole new...

Spoiler

dimension :poke:

to the game. 

1 hour ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Well the last livestream just happened. They showed the Beetlejuice world and had a fashion show. The very apparent lack of Year 3 news pretty much verifies the rumors. :sceptic:

:sad: Sad news. 

LOL well done @Exetrius :grin:

About the scanner scanning in minifigures from bootleg companies or inappropriate material. You can already do such things with the minifigure customization. There's Logan trailers out there, Deadpool trailers. And other things like CW MOD's for the games. Everything like that already exists so I think it wouldn't make any difference. 

Yep, it's dead (I mean, the rumours were pretty solid). E3 is done with no new content. :(

I suspect, and it's partially driven by a sliver of hope, that they might go out with a Lord Vortech pack of some sort as a good bye "Wave 10". But I'm not holding out hope.

"Dying", perhaps, but I don't think it's fair to call it "dead" when it's not only still being supported, and even not only still being sold, but actually has new material coming out that's still months away.

The writing may be on the wall, but the game is still viable for the time being.

I would really like them putting the game on "a break" and come back when they have things worked out, like next E3 or something. They did plan this game for many years, shame if it is ending.

All my progress I've made is gone for Year 2. Again...... So I'm not gonna play it until Wave 9 is out and Dimensions is dead. 

32 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

All my progress I've made is gone for Year 2. Again...... So I'm not gonna play it until Wave 9 is out and Dimensions is dead. 

Yeah... seems like I'm the only one who hasn't gotten their save data erased. I think it's the story packs that are causing it.

3 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Yeah... seems like I'm the only one who hasn't gotten their save data erased. I think it's the story packs that are causing it.

Huh. I haven't had any problems, and I have all of the Story Packs. Weird. And unfortunate.

Found this video: 

I could be wrong but it looks like the guy is crying at the end of the video... I don't he looks so sad to me after she asked what's coming out in the next 12 months. 

I haven't had any data erased, but several of my Adventure Worlds aren't loading everything- explorable areas like the Goldstein apartment, restoration NPCs, and quest givers alike. I've tried deleting the updates and packs and reinstalling them, but they're coming back exactly as they were. I'm done with this game until they fix it, because it's honestly a terrible mess. 

15 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Found this video: 

I could be wrong but it looks like the guy is crying at the end of the video... I don't he looks so sad to me after she asked what's coming out in the next 12 months. 

I don't know, I don't see any unambiguous signs there. It's not a straight face, though. 

On 6/18/2017 at 3:28 PM, Ashnflash said:

Found this video: 

I like how Alanah from IGN asked (maybe even baited) what can we expect to see in the next 12 months and he pivoted to Wave 9.  I'm glad someone finally asked the question with a timeframe.  

I was one of those people who lost all their game play from Year 1 when I downloaded Year 2, but stuck with Dimensions & loved the game.  I hate TT who did a terrible customer service job on handling that saved progress issue more or less saying "their bad" with a smile, but move right along nothing we can do here.  One would think they could have been creative enough to offer 2-3 fixes that says we can transfer completed progress of the main story to those who lost their data as a peace act/curtesy, but no such luck.

Despite my frustrations I would have bought Year 3 content sad to see it go.

Edited by SFmuscle73

7 hours ago, SFmuscle73 said:

I like how Alanah from IGN asked (maybe even baited) what can we expect to see in the next 12 months and he pivoted to Wave 9.  I'm glad someone finally asked the question with a timeframe.  

I was one of those people who lost all their game play from Year 1 when I downloaded Year 2, but stuck with Dimensions & loved the game.  I hate TT who did a terrible customer service job on handling that saved progress issue more or less saying "their bad" with a smile, but move right along nothing we can do here.  One would think they could have been creative enough to offer 2-3 fixes that says we can transfer completed progress of the main story to those who lost their data as a peace act/curtesy, but no such luck.

Despite my frustrations I would have bought Year 3 content said to see it go.

Oh ya for sure. Even though they lost all my hours of work with the first Wave of Year 2 I would've totally purchased every Year 3 product. Especially with that IP list! 

17 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Oh ya for sure. Even though they lost all my hours of work with the first Wave of Year 2 I would've totally purchased every Year 3 product. Especially with that IP list! 

What IP list?

And does this mean No Lord Vortech?

46 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

What IP list?

I believe the one discussed a few weeks ago, a few pages back in the thread:

On June 1, 2017 at 1:24 PM, legozebra said:

There are some interesting tidbits revealed regarding the development of Dimensions and some cancelled plans according to a source in TT Games. Regarding his credibility - he's been trustworthy in the past. Obviously I'd take this all with a grain of salt though.

The patch update released recently removed the exact amount of Gold bricks that would be found in a Story Pack, which was stated to have been a cancelled Minecraft Story Pack with Steve.

How to Train Your Dragon was considered very early even before year 1, but third parties weren't interested.

James Bond was pitched as not just Dimensions but a full game, and a mockup trailer was made, but it was considered too adult for Lego and replaced with Mission Impossible.

Avatar, Despicable Me, Looney Tunes, Universal Monsters, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla, The Smurfs, Thunderbirds, Tintin, Angry Birds, and Shrek were some IPs considered, but most of the third parties were not interested.

(bolding added to original post for emphasis)

Note that a lot of these were apparently merely considered and were shot down for one reason or another, and wouldn't necessarily have made it into the game no matter how many years it ran. It does illustrate there's still lots of room for more material to be added, though.

Oh, and yeah, I'm afraid it does sound to me like there won't be a pack with Lord Vortech. It'd be kind of funny if they did, though - imagine on the package, in the space where it has the logo of whatever franchise the character comes from, it could just have the LEGO Dimensions logo again. :tongue:

1 hour ago, The Lego Nolan said:

Yeah some of the stuff set to come out next year sounded great, I really wish it hadn't been canned. 

There was nothing confirmed to come out next year, besides the possibility of Vortech. Everything else was considered or rejected, so it's safe to say that there were no finalized and/or produced sets for release.