TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Anything on TT Games being present on E3 2017? I know they were present last year with the introduction of season 2 but anything on season 3 this year?

Or is it true that they will stop with Dimensions?

4 hours ago, Mooste said:

Anything on TT Games being present on E3 2017? I know they were present last year with the introduction of season 2 but anything on season 3 this year?

With the new marvel game and rumored ninjago game my guess is dimensions is done 

No Vortech?  What a shame, I probably would have bought one.  

8 hours ago, Mooste said:

With no advertising at the moment (at least not where I live),  and the slowly shrinking shelf space the physical stores, I would say this is it.  Might have to get Chase McCain for my kid.  

Aw man... For those sad about the info about not getting Vortech... Don't watch this video because it'll only make things worse. :cry_sad:

Anything on TT Games being present on E3 2017? I know they were last year present season 2 but anything on season 3 this year?

21 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

With the new marvel game and rumored ninjago game my guess is dimensions is done 

17 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

No Vortech?  What a shame, I probably would have bought one.  

With no advertising at the moment (at least not where I live),  and the slowly shrinking shelf space the physical stores, I would say this is it.  Might have to get Chase McCain for my kid.  

Well that is too bad. Was really hoping for another year of Dimensions. :-(

On 5/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

Oh, HELL no.

That's just disappointing.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.  That's one character I really wanted to see.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Ashnflash said:

Aw man... For those sad about the info about not getting Vortech... Don't watch this video because it'll only make things worse. :cry_sad:

Oh come on, man, that's just cruel. OF COURSE I watched it. :sad: 

On 2017-5-18 at 3:40 AM, Ashnflash said:

Let's not give hope. We might get him yet.

Given how Vortech appears in the game, he appears to be a more complex than average minifigure.  The semi-transparent aspect of him would be a challenge to produce, and he would require a mold for the mask.  Since Dimensions is winding down, Lego has probably determined that it simply would not be worth the cost of production just to appease a relatively smaller group of fans like us who would like to see him.  

I suppose. I mean building new minifigures cost money and the game is just isn't in high demand as it was with it's first and second years. I mean sure people will still be able to pick up the game and download the extra content after it's done and dusted but it's gonna be sad when we effectively run out of content I mean for all the bugs and hiccups we had later on down the line Lego Dimensions was a fun game to play.

I wonder what kind of gameplay Vortech would have had associated with him. Mind control, most certainly, and perhaps magic and technology, but they'd probably have to program in an entirely unique type of puzzle just to make him worthwhile, and there's no Year Three, which is probably where he would come in. 

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

By LEGO producing the minifigure for release.

Well they could do that as a polybag but it's not terribly like it's gonna happen now. Or so I think anyway they could do that but I don't know. The only things I could go after now are well Beetlejuice as well as Buttercup but that's about it really.

So, if there was one figure of the whole Dimensions line that I would consider picking up at retail price, it would be Lord Vortech... He is awesome as heck, he is the overarching antagonist of the game, he is the only Dimensions-original figure, and he is the ultimate figure any fan would absolutely need to have. I believe, that if they want to end the theme, this one figure will determine if it ends with bang, leaving a happy community, or if it will be joining the list of ambitious LEGO games that were left a dead rotten fate.   

I don't personally feel quite the same way. While he's certainly important, he's not the most striking of villains to me, and the main cash cows are the licensed characters. I wouldn't pass Vortech up, but considering the molding and programming that would be needed at the time where the game's assets have essentially all been made due to cancellation, I don't think they'd want to go to the effort. But who knows? Maybe the figure itself can be made, but I don't think it would be nearly as impressive in opaque plastic like it would have to be. 

Which begs the question of: what other franchises COULD they had added if there was gonna be a year 3? I mean Disney Infinity revealed could a lot of movies that could've been represented in Year 4 like Moana, Rogue One, Peter Pan was even going to be a character for the Toy Box mode, etc, etc. So I guess the only way we'll know which franchises that were gonna be a part of the game is probably gonna be after the Beetlejuice, Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go packs are released I suppose. 

If anything, I would have hoped for Oz Team Packs (or a Level Pack, Team Pack, and Fun Pack) for Dorothy and Co. and to have the franchise's role in the game make a little more sense, but other 80s-type stuff they had access to...? I guess we'll never know. 

Edited by 8BrickMario

Unless of course they release information concerning the other franchises in question. It's only a theory but maybe we'll see that in the future. Well we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Let's not venture into "what if lane" and stick to the actual discussion, instead of turning it into some sort of wish list topic.

One of my concerns of not getting certain sets is also the missing red blocks that can unlock things. They must have planned that kinda stuff as well, don't they? Stud multipliers and such. 

Where i first bought dimensions for the novelty figs, i now buy them for the game. It's a fun game. 

I'm okay missing the music red bricks, but yeah, the stud multipliers are a good incentive and some of the other cosmetic ones are fun. I still have a lot of catching up to do. I'm not aiming for every character, just every level and Adventure World, but with the higher-level packs I'll need, I'm not looking forward to it. This is one reason I'm sort of glad it's ending: discounts, and the possibility of catching up!

Hey hey! Looks really great! Some of the best packs I think. I'm not even a fan of Power Puff but the packs looks pretty good! That TTG ones though! OMG amazing!