TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

5 hours ago, jhuyser said:

I found out the Goonies level packs red brick is!! Its score x4 according to the games files. The text below is what  the file CHEATS.txt said.

//Cheat "CHEAT_SCOREX4"                     Cost 100000     CheatCode "______"     UnlockOnRedBrick "RB_Goonies" // Cheat is implemented, just uncomment to activate

Thanks @jhuyser! Now I wonder what the other ones will be, especially Powerpuff Girls...

42 minutes ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Thanks @jhuyser! Now I wonder what the other ones will be, especially Powerpuff Girls...

Enlarged heads perhaps? Like in Ratchet & Clank :grin:

So, the latest update I downloaded now shows the level/world map with one less adventure world and two less levels. Now I know this was brought up before but did anyone not see this change happen? Is it a confirmed glitch of the download. All portals are there. Lego City doesn't glow but when you jump through you are teleported off the shard and fall to your death.

Just for the sake of tying a bow on an old discussion, Steven Universe is definitely not happening now. McFarlane Toys just released pics of their upcoming Steven Universe construction sets, so that license has been swooped up. Ah well. 

On 2/20/2017 at 8:15 PM, Brickweiser said:

So, the latest update I downloaded now shows the level/world map with one less adventure world and two less levels. Now I know this was brought up before but did anyone not see this change happen? Is it a confirmed glitch of the download. All portals are there. Lego City doesn't glow but when you jump through you are teleported off the shard and fall to your death.

We aren't getting any more levels (besides Goonies) in Year 2. The portal glitch is probably a glitch.

So we just got word from a pretty reliable source that James Bond LEGO Dimensions is going to happen.

Source: The Brick Show

I guess it will probably work like the Doctor, where you can play as every James Bond and each time you die you appear as the next one. Obviously there won't be a regeneration mechanic though.

Kind of surprised to see that James Bond would be considered as it has so much similarity with Mission Impossible.  Not saying that it would not be great to have it, just seems like the abilities/missions might seem redundant between the two.  With Bond action taking place worldwide, I wonder how the Adventure World would turn out.  Perhaps like Doctor Who, where they have bits and pieces of different locations fused into one world?

54 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Kind of surprised to see that James Bond would be considered as it has so much similarity with Mission Impossible.  

Arguably James Bond is the most iconic spy franchise in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if it were to end up happening in Year 3. Just2Good says it's not but it's worth noting that things can change and we don't know how much work may have started on a hypothetical third year. It may still be in the planning stages. 

9 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Just2Good says it's not but it's worth noting that things can change and we don't know how much work may have started on a hypothetical third year. It may still be in the planning stages. 

mate

do you understand how long videogames take to make

12 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:

mate

do you understand how long videogames take to make

Depending on when it suposed to be out it could be under work. From my file exploration I've discovered that the LEGO Batman Movie content was made after the release of the first year 2 pack. So it only takes a short amount of time to put something together.

1 minute ago, just2good said:

I'll say this, their rumor isn't baseless but it's not going to be released. 

I'm guessing that it's a Disney Infinity-type situation where they had a year three planned but the sales weren't good enough then?

6 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:

I'm guessing that it's a Disney Infinity-type situation where they had a year three planned but the sales weren't good enough then?

I'd still be surprised if Year 3 is cancelled. LEGO is hugely popular. Why wouldn't people be buying the toys-to-life game based on it?

That's so disappointing that it isn't happening.... Why the heck wouldn't they do 007 over A-Team or Knight Rider :damn: Totally would've out sold most of the IP's from Year 2. More missed opportunities here.... 

49 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I'd still be surprised if Year 3 is cancelled. LEGO is hugely popular. Why wouldn't people be buying the toys-to-life game based on it?

Well, if that does turn out to be the case it could well be because toys-to-life as an overall genre seems to be on the wane. Infinity was cancelled, and Skylanders is not releasing a new installment this year for the first time since the original debuted. Compared to other video games, Toys to Life requires a much larger "buy-in" due to the need for not just game software and a gaming device but also physical toys and an expensive peripheral for them. And Lego Dimensions' $100 starter pack is one of the most expensive ones there is.

Compare Lego Universe, which despite the popularity of Lego even then failed to succeed due to the challenges associated with MMOs as a business model. Just because Lego is in a golden age of popularity doesn't mean that every one of their endeavors will be successful, and the more experimental or groundbreaking ones are inherently going to be riskier.

Edited by Lyichir

If the Lego S&H is an indication of things to come, it does not look good.  How would a potential year 3 do well if the starter packs for PS4 and XBox are shown to be sold out on the website?  Many of the level, team, and fun packs are also not available on line or in the Lego Stores either.  We have had to rely on Toys R Us and sometimes the 99 Cent store to find stuff.   Other than the new Batman Movie level pack, I have not seen Lego itself do anything to promote the game.  

17 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

If the Lego S&H is an indication of things to come, it does not look good.  How would a potential year 3 do well if the starter packs for PS4 and XBox are shown to be sold out on the website?  Many of the level, team, and fun packs are also not available on line or in the Lego Stores either.  We have had to rely on Toys R Us and sometimes the 99 Cent store to find stuff.   Other than the new Batman Movie level pack, I have not seen Lego itself do anything to promote the game.  

Actually I must say their promotion for the game has been better than any other of the LEGO games. I constantly get ads on Youtube as well as the occasional advertisement on TV. Even with the local Battle Arena tournaments in movie theatres. They definitely pushed a lot for the game.