TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Doctor Who usually puts out at least 13 episodes a year. The only years with less than 13 during the new series are 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2016. Also: it's 'Doctor Who', not 'Dr Who'.

Do you have to be so technical? It's not needed here.

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Doctor Who usually puts out at least 13 episodes a year. The only years with less than 13 during the new series are 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2016. Also: it's 'Doctor Who', not 'Dr Who'.

You know you were warned about over-obsessing on Dr. Who by a mod right?

The dead horse is still dust if not just molecules now with how much you've beaten it.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

You know you were warned about over-obsessing on Dr. Who by a mod right?

The dead horse is still dust if not just molecules now with how much you've beaten it.

Guys let's just let the mods deal with him. He knows what's he's doing, but I do enjoy seeing how you've made your dead horse apology progress over the past few months :grin: 

But let's bring it back. I forgot to post it here but it turns out that we have nothing to worry about for the Lootcrate boxes. Unless you are one of the unlucky people that actually ordered it because you will be receiving..... Drum roll please *drum rollllllllll* 1 of 5 Fun Packs that you can pick up at your local Dollar Store :laugh: Each Lootcrate will be coming with one Fun Pack from the following: Benny, Unikitty, Badcop, Cyborg and Wonderwoman. So no exclusive at all which is great for those who didn't order it.  

Edited by Ashnflash

11 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Drum roll please *drum rollllllllll* 1 of 5 Fun Packs that you can pick up at your local Dollar Store :laugh: Each Lootcrate will be coming with one Fun Pack from the following: Benny, Unikitty, Badcop, Cyborg and Wonderwoman. So no exclusive at all which is great for those who didn't order it.  

I ordered it, I had been meaning to try it out for ages and this was as flimsy of an excuse as I needed. I'm fine with that though, the only one of those I have is Unikitty, wouldn't mind having any of the other ones.

@LEGODalekbuster523

Quit it. Stop. Cease. Halt. 

No more Doctor Who. I love Doctor Who (I have gone to watch filming) and I love the Doctor Who figures and level. But we don't need to hear more about Doctor Who and how much you want more. 

I realise it may be a particular favourite of yours, even a focus, but no one else is interested in more discussion on it. So please refrain from more until such a time as new sets for Doctor Who (ever) arrive.

Thank you. 

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the leaked picture of Buttercup's Dimensions figure, but anyways... it's out there.

Naw she's cute! The only PPG thing I've ever seen is the TTG crossover. But that looks really awesome, I like the game tag and that head mold is really cool. 

Looking forward to seeing the others! 

Ooh, he looks nice. It's a shame that the stripes aren't able to wrap around as they should, but it's a decent figure. I just hope that's not his only expression. 

I can't imagine how fun he'll be to play as.

They look ok I think

Buttercup's head doesn't look like LEGO

And Beetlejuice looks like a custom

I like Beetlejuice his hair and head, but the arms and legs look a bit bootleggy. By the way i think i saw that outfit also in the lego batman thread on pictures of a book about the making of tlbm.

I don't know if i like the ppg's. Buttercup doesnt have the lego feel if you ask me.

I'm liking Beetlejuice's mini figure there. Shame about the arms and legs but I can work with this. Buttercup on the other hand I dunno something about her mini figure seems abit off to me.

I don't know how to feel about these. On one hand Buttercup really looks like Buttercup, on the other hand she doesn't quite look Lego... The body just doesn't look quite right with that head. I don't know, maybe they should have just cut to the chase and done an Angry Birds styled mold for the whole minifigure.

Beetlejuice is accurate, though a bit plain.

Edited by strangely

I expected Beetlejuice to have much more energy in his face, and Buttercup does seem a liiiiittle off. Kinda reminds me of those older promo figures, but maybe the lighting is just making it look bad. I know a lot of people are complaining on Reddit about Buttercup using the new design, but frankly the design is so similar that it's just kinda obnoxious to complain about. I'm really pleased that they printed on the feet, though. That makes it a thousand times better than it would've been otherwise. 

I saw this video and I thought I had to share. 

That's a really awesome touch! Although I wish it was actually 'Puter's voice..

I have to wonder what Lego did to end up in the 99 cent stores. I am back in the US for a bit and was curious to see this legend. I went to a 99 Cent Only store (which is NOT only 99 cents) and there was a HUGE wall of these. I was very tempted to buy an army of Bart Simpsons lol. In the end I bought 1 of each. I mean, none of them are really army-able and I don't even know why I bought some. I already have 3 Gimlis and Barts. Now I have one more I guess?

I wonder if Lego didn't meet the sales expectations. To see something like LEGO in a dollar store is really surprising. They have such a price cut. I wonder if any money is being made on them and if so, that's quite a huge markup Lego does. 

It appears that a lot of the wave 1 sets were overproduced.  Rumor has it that the stock for the 99 cent stores originated in other big box stores like Walmart, therefore it did not come directly from Lego.  In three of the area stores, the common factor was an army of Krusty the clowns.   Why so many of those were produced is beyond me.  He is sort of an unessential character as the Bart or Homer packs can access the world.  Krusty does not really have any unique abilities either.  He does not make a particularly good parts pack with the unique character mold and the hodgepodge of colored parts, so even resellers are not gathering this one up.  There were also a smaller number of Portal 2 packs in each store.  We also saw Nya and I finally found Scooby.  With the cost of production, labor, and packaging, I would have to think that $1 would be a loss for Lego to have to sell at that.  It would appear that someone took a loss on these in order for them to end up at those stores.  Oddly enough, there is no overlap with the Five Below store, who is trying to sell the three Chima packs as well as Gimli for $5.  If Gimli were in the 99 Cent store, I strongly suspect he would sell quicker due to the army building potential.   

On 2/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, Ashnflash said:

I saw this video and I thought I had to share. 

That's a really awesome touch! Although I wish it was actually 'Puter's voice..

Can't wait to try that with Green Arrow! 

I wonder how much it costs to use Siri's voice for things..? Still, not as jarring and unpleasant as Robin's. :/

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Can't wait to try that with Green Arrow! 

I wonder how much it costs to use Siri's voice for things..? Still, not as jarring and unpleasant as Robin's. :/

I'm actually wondering if that's why there was so much iPhone product placement in the movie: it was part of the deal to use Siri. (I don't know anything for sure, of course, just something I've thought about.)

And I'll second the excitement to use Green Arrow! And Supergirl too! (Unless she was in the video: I didn't watch the whole thing so I can experience them when I get the story pack. :wink:)

5 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I'm actually wondering if that's why there was so much iPhone product placement in the movie: it was part of the deal to use Siri. (I don't know anything for sure, of course, just something I've thought about.)

And I'll second the excitement to use Green Arrow! And Supergirl too! (Unless she was in the video: I didn't watch the whole thing so I can experience them when I get the story pack. :wink:)

I forgot about Supergirl! She's gotta have a fun one!

I don't remember where I read this recently, maybe Reddit. It was a post from someone who said he or his friend was a store manager and the 99 Cent Only Stores bidded on a big pallet of Lego Fun Packs and Level Packs sold by TLG, not some random stores in the west coast closing down stores like Kmart. Who knows. Maybe the product was already shipped, then the closing stores refused to accept because they couldn't pay, so it was dumped cheap rather than incurring additional costs to redistribute or ship back.

I found out the Goonies level packs red brick is!! Its score x4 according to the games files. The text below is what  the file CHEATS.txt said.

//Cheat "CHEAT_SCOREX4"                     Cost 100000     CheatCode "______"     UnlockOnRedBrick "RB_Goonies" // Cheat is implemented, just uncomment to activate