TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

1 hour ago, Borex said:

The flying monkeys in the new batman set look very good. I just started the game today so seeing all these flying monkeys in the first level makes me want those figs very badly. If only that wicked witch pack had one in it, i already would have it lol

The set's too expensive for me, but if I were to get it, I'd totally replace Dimensions' brick-built version with the minifigure.

Am I the only one who kind of liked the brick-built flying monkey? They even managed to reference the golden cap from the books (and shown briefly in the movie) in one of the alt builds!

I mean, don't get me wrong, the fig versions are nice, and good for people who want to use them as characters outside of Dimensions. But I appreciated the brick-built mini-model for what it was, and it made more sense as a rebuildable vehicle for the Wicked Witch than anything else I can think of...

It sucks how this wave isn't out in Australia yet :(  ... but at the same time I don't really care about Knight Rider since i've never watched the show, and I don't like the Batman variant at all.

I don't like how we have to PAY for a variant figure when all the other variants in this game have been free skins (Ghostbusters, Dr Who, A-Team), so I hope variant figures like Skylanders don't become a thing erghkk. I wouldn't mind it as much if Lego Movie Batman were the figure and in game could cycle into other outfits (including Excalibur Batman), but nope it's just and incredibly useless variant that should have been a free skin :/.     Ideally they should have just made like Catwoman instead :S  

On 10/02/2017 at 2:16 PM, strangely said:

So, they managed to get Will Arnett and Rosario Dawson, but not Micheal Cera? I mean he has to be the cheapest of those three already and yet they didn't use him, I feel like they're starting to cut corners. Archived sounds would have been better than the voice they're using in game.

I don't know why they didn't just use archived sound. It's LEGO's movie anyway. 

On 2/10/2017 at 9:16 AM, strangely said:

So, they managed to get Will Arnett and Rosario Dawson, but not Micheal Cera? I mean he has to be the cheapest of those three already and yet they didn't use him, I feel like they're starting to cut corners. Archived sounds would have been better than the voice they're using in game.

Seriously, it doesn't even sound like the guy they got has ever listened to Michael Cera's voice. It really breaks my heart, too, since Robin's my favorite character in anything ever, and I've been waiting since the game was announced to get to play as him. Does anyone know if Robin has a general skin like Batman's Lego Batman one? 

Them not getting Michael Cera was super disappointing.... They got the whole cast of Fantastic Beasts right? They got Oscar Winning Eddie Redmayne.... But they couldn't get Melissa McCarthy or the other two to come in... It just doesn't make sense to me.. And like you guys are saying, the people they got in to do their voices are absolute trash, the WORST.

IF, IFFFFF they do wind up doing Year 3 and they do stuff maybe for POTC or Infinity War and they don't get the cast in, that would be absolutely stupid and would really temp me not to purchase the content.  

Also, as happy as I am to get the Excalibat. It was a complete waste of a pack. It had so much potential, and if Dimensions is ending that is definitely a Pack that could have been someone else from another IP. 

Edited by Ashnflash

46 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Also, as happy as I am to get the Excalibat. It was a complete waste of a pack. It had so much potential, and if Dimensions is ending that is definitely a Pack that could have been someone else from another IP. 

Why do you feel like it's a waste? I don't play the game so just wondering. :classic:

1 hour ago, just2good said:

Why do you feel like it's a waste? I don't play the game so just wondering. :classic:

The fact that the Starter Pack Batman turns into the Will Arnett one makes this one kinda pointless. Also you look at other characters like Sloth or Doctor Who that can switch between all these characters makes me super disappointed that the Excalibat can't switch between alternate costumes. They could have easily changed the character models to switch into the Tutu, Cavebat, or Glam Metal bat suits. 

And if what you're saying is true about Dimensions not getting a Year 3 :cry_sad: Instead of getting just adding a sword ability to a re-hash of a character that you already get from the Starter Pack, I would have liked to have gotten character that another IP missed. Whether it be Ice King, Starfire, or Ron. 

They also really missed the opportunity to give Harley, Bane, and Joker the ability to switch into their LBM. Also forgot to mention that the guy they got to do the Joker in the game is atrocious as well. 

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Them not getting Michael Cera was super disappointing.... They got the whole cast of Fantastic Beasts right? They got Oscar Winning Eddie Redmayne.... But they couldn't get Melissa McCarthy or the other two to come in... It just doesn't make sense to me.. And like you guys are saying, the people they got in to do their voices are absolute trash, the WORST.

Michael Cera doesn't appear to be doing the McDonald's commercials - but Rosio Dawson and Will Arnet are.  Maybe it's the contract that Michael signed.  Maybe he didn't want them to license his voice outside of the movie.

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Michael Cera doesn't appear to be doing the McDonald's commercials - but Rosio Dawson and Will Arnet are.  Maybe it's the contract that Michael signed.  Maybe he didn't want them to license his voice outside of the movie.

I'm almost confident that's not Rosario in the McDonald's commercial and from what I heard that's not her in LEGO Dimensions either. I might be wrong though.

Edited by just2good

I think Michael Ceramic might have been busy because if you watched the behind the bricks featurette he is also missing while Batman,Batgirl and Joker all reprised their roles and recorded more dialogue but for Robin they just used a collection of sound bites.

16 hours ago, just2good said:

I'm almost confident that's not Rosario in the McDonald's commercial and from what I heard that's not her in LEGO Dimensions either. I might be wrong though.

I thought it sounded like her in Dimensions, but if it's not her than that shows that they at least went out of their way to cast someone who sounds similar to her.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If there's no Year 3, I'm starting a campaign for LEGO Doctor Who sets and a videogame. 

That will never happen 

2 hours ago, Krulis said:

I've just checked year 2 credits. Rosario Dawson is credited for doing voice work.

Oh cool! :classic:

1 hour ago, pittpenguin123 said:

That will never happen 

Well, not so much "will never happen" but more "a fan campaign will have zero effect on whether or not it happens". I don't know what it will take for Lego fans to finally get the message that petitions, letter writing, or similar efforts are almost always ineffective at getting Lego to release new products or media. Lego does occasionally respond to that kind of fan input, but usually that is either addressing a specific, critical flaw (a defect or safety issue in an existing set, for instance) or a more general request (such as the desire to see more female characters in sets across the board). A couple hundred people signing a petition to make more of a certain theme is a drop in the bucket and is effectively meaningless compared to the much more concrete and actionable data Lego gets through the actual sales and buzz around existing sets.

Frankly, if the demand for further Doctor Who sets based on existing material were great enough to justify the release of additional sets, we would already be seeing them. The rapid expansion of the Minecraft theme after the overwhelming support for the original Ideas project is evidence enough of that. I'm not saying that the theme is effectively over and done with—it's entirely possible that Lego will bring out another new set, say, when a new Doctor is introduced for them to base it on, or the franchise is otherwise revitalized with some dramatic change or influx of new media. But the demand for sets based on the classic material has not changed significantly since that original set's release, so if that demand wasn't sufficient then it certainly won't be now.

As for video games? TT Games has limited resources to work with. I'm sure a lot of the people there would love to work on a full Doctor Who game, but unless there are more sets in the pipeline to promote I doubt Lego has any interest in devoting so much of their effort to a game like that when they could be creating games that promote huge, ongoing themes like Star Wars or Super Heroes, or new themes entirely.

7 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

We need to make it happen.

You don't "need" it, you "want" it. And you have no power over whether it happens or not. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by thinking that your own individual actions will be enough to change Lego's internal business decisions.

Edited by Lyichir

So it looks like all the new Dimension packs are on S@H. I'm gonna re-order them all so that I can get another LBM polybag. 

Also the Story Pack is only $44.99... Weird. 

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Frankly, if the demand for further Doctor Who sets based on existing material were great enough to justify the release of additional sets, we would already be seeing them. The rapid expansion of the Minecraft theme after the overwhelming support for the original Ideas project is evidence enough of that. I'm not saying that the theme is effectively over and done with—it's entirely possible that Lego will bring out another new set, say, when a new Doctor is introduced for them to base it on, or the franchise is otherwise revitalized with some dramatic change or influx of new media. But the demand for sets based on the classic material has not changed significantly since that original set's release, so if that demand wasn't sufficient then it certainly won't be now.

Doctor Who is much more popular than Minecraft. Nobody talks about Minecraft anymore, whereas everybody talks about Doctor Who. If LEGO don't have any Doctor Who sets in the pipeline then they are making a huge mistake. There needs to be at least one more Dimensions Pack with Missy/The Master and an update as soon as the new Doctor is announced that adds him or her to the Doctors already in the game.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Doctor Who is much more popular than Minecraft. Nobody talks about Minecraft anymore, whereas everybody talks about Doctor Who. If LEGO don't have any Doctor Who sets in the pipeline then they are making a huge mistake. There needs to be at least one more Dimensions Pack with Missy/The Master and an update as soon as the new Doctor is announced that adds him or her to the Doctors already in the game.

What?! WHAT?! Don't even try to peddle that!

I can hold my tongue no longer! :tongue:

@LEGODalekbuster523

Dr. Who is not the center of the universe. Stop bringing it up, again and again, in every forum, complaining that it's not Lego's sole focus. It clearly annoys the other members, it clearly annoys me, and you only do a disservice to Dr. Who by constantly complaining that Lego doesn't base their entire production schedule around it. Dr. Who was incredibly lucky to get what it got (considering the show barely puts out one episode a year)--you should be grateful that we received any Dr. Who Lego anything in the first place--it got a hell of a lot more attention and love than many less fortunate themes. 

Please do not continue to argue, here in the Dimensions forums, and every forum of Eurobricks, that Dr. Who is better than everything and that Lego is stupid for not producing wave after wave of related sets just to appease you; clearly at this point, no one is interested in hearing--or agreeing with--that argument. 

Thank you. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So it looks like all the new Dimension packs are on S@H. I'm gonna re-order them all so that I can get another LBM polybag. 

Also the Story Pack is only $44.99... Weird. 

LBM Story Pack is lower in price because it has less pieces than the other stoty packs.

18 minutes ago, Adventurer009 said:

LBM Story Pack is lower in price because it has less pieces than the other stoty packs.

It's actually $49.99 everywhere else both in Canada and the US. And I actually did pay that price on Friday. 

Also thank you @Captain Nemo

56 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

(considering the show barely puts out one episode a year

Doctor Who usually puts out at least 13 episodes a year. The only years with less than 13 during the new series are 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2016. Also: it's 'Doctor Who', not 'Dr Who'.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

51 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Doctor Who usually puts out at least 13 episodes a year. The only years with less than 13 during the new series are 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2016. Also: it's 'Doctor Who', not 'Dr Who'.

Oh boy.