TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

My son will be upset of Lego City does not happen.  He was looking forward to that the most.  I would be surprised to see something like Beetlejuice make it in at the expense of Lego City.  Beetlejuice was a fun 80's movie, but other than AFOLs and some nostalgia fans, who would be interested?  We know Lego City has a definite fanbase as it is an evergreen line.  You never know which themes will come up or be cancelled, but you can always count on a bunch of fire and police sets every year.  

Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go should do well as they are on the cartoon channels on a daily basis.  

I think Lego City won't be cancelled. The portal not working is most likely a glitch. Why reveal the pack image and right after it remove it from the game? That wouldn't make sense.

I installed the latest update on my PS3 last night . I have the same number of adventure world and level pack spots in the shard that I've always had. 

Given the extreme number of update issues that have accompanied all previous updates, I would be more inclined to believe that there was an update glitch than that any year 2 IPs have been cancelled.

I think i wait with installing my game to my wii u. If the game is discontinued i hope their final update will be bugfree and i can play without problems :-D

So what themes are still to come? Power Puff and Teen Titans? That's it?

2 hours ago, Borex said:

I think i wait with installing my game to my wii u. If the game is discontinued i hope their final update will be bugfree and i can play without problems :-D

So what themes are still to come? Power Puff and Teen Titans? That's it?

Beetlejuice is there as well but yeah, that is basically it.

Hmmm. Bummer. Dimensions is such a great way to get new licensed figs that otherwise never will be done.

I'm also looking forward to wandering around Lego CITY's adventure world, including the space base.

Does anyone know if there's a Lego Dimensions soundtrack? I'm interested in the songs that appear as a medley in the first jukebox Ninjago song that plays in the Ninjago adventure world. Seems like a remix of Weekend Whip and some peaceful asian instrumental song that's nice and another nice song that's mostly instrumental with some modern sound and a bit of chanting singing and a bit of robot talking.

3 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I'm also looking forward to wandering around Lego CITY's adventure world, including the space base.

Does anyone know if there's a Lego Dimensions soundtrack? I'm interested in the songs that appear as a medley in the first jukebox Ninjago song that plays in the Ninjago adventure world. Seems like a remix of Weekend Whip and some peaceful asian instrumental song that's nice and another nice song that's mostly instrumental with some modern sound and a bit of chanting singing and a bit of robot talking.

A lot of that music is sourced from elsewhere, so there's unlikely to be an official soundtrack release (especially considering that the rights to different soundtracks may be tied up with all sorts of different labels). I'm pretty sure the Ninjago adventure world medley comes from the Shadow of Ronin 3DS game. Not positive but if you can track down someone who has ripped the music from that they might have what you're looking for.

Hello folks 

Could we please stop talking about year 3 being cancelled until we have official word from TT or lego cheers 

Also did anybody know that WB have brought and re-opened Avalanche software house (the ones that did Disney Infinity) so do you think that a Dimensions/Disney/Starwars year 3 deal was done ???

Maybe Disney asked them to buy Avalanche thus not having to pay out closure fees etc in return for the ability to do Disney license's in Dimensions 

Episode 8 story pack anybody ????

FYI for those trying to get some of the earlier packs---if you live near a 99 cent only store, it might be worth your time to check it out.  They are selling some fun packs, team packs, and level packs for $1.  I read about this on Brickset, so decided to drive a few miles to where one was located.  Inside were a handful of Portal 2's, Nya's, and an army of Krusty packs.  Was hoping to find Scooby Doo, but will hopefully be able to check another store this weekend.  To those of you who live in California, be warned that someone has been apparently been hitting all of the stores in their area and buying literally everything on the shelf in the hundreds.  Some stores now have a limit on how many packs you can buy, so be aware of all of this if it is a far drive for you.  

4 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

FYI for those trying to get some of the earlier packs---if you live near a 99 cent only store, it might be worth your time to check it out.  They are selling some fun packs, team packs, and level packs for $1.  I read about this on Brickset, so decided to drive a few miles to where one was located.  Inside were a handful of Portal 2's, Nya's, and an army of Krusty packs.  Was hoping to find Scooby Doo, but will hopefully be able to check another store this weekend.  To those of you who live in California, be warned that someone has been apparently been hitting all of the stores in their area and buying literally everything on the shelf in the hundreds.  Some stores now have a limit on how many packs you can buy, so be aware of all of this if it is a far drive for you.  

This $0.99 sale of Fun, Level and Team packs has been going on for 2+ weeks now (I believe since Jan 21st). It is almost over - no more shipments. And yes, for the first week there were no limits and people were buying the pallets as they came into the store (before unloading) and also calling warehouse managers to have shipments sent across the country. It is very unlikely there will be restocks. There was a 9 item limit for a few days, but that got lifted after the last shipments. You can check the effects of this "dumping" of earlier Dimensions packs on Amazon - some Level and Team packs dropped from $30 to $8 shipped.

Really awesome video showing off the LBM world, characters and vehicles. That was also one of the most awkward things I've ever seen... 

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's the same character as the LEGO Batman skin for Starter Pack Batman for a start.

Buuuut he has different abilities and is just a great variant for those collecting The Lego Batman Movie minifigures. Also he has a sweet sword.

Ya I agree with what you're both saying. That sword is pretty awesome! But I'm still hoping that maybe you can switch between suits either wise ya... Kind of boring pack... 

7 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

But I'm still hoping that maybe you can switch between suits either wise ya... Kind of boring pack... 

That's very true. I think it could have been better if it was one of the movie's many villains and they could turn into any of the long list of others, but that would have been a lot of character designs to make.

Was able to download the Knightrider pack yesterday but the Batman story said coming soon. Hopefully it will be there once I come back from the movie.

Really disappointed that they couldn't get any of the cast to do the voice for the game... Only Rosario Dawson and Will Arnett... 

So, they managed to get Will Arnett and Rosario Dawson, but not Micheal Cera? I mean he has to be the cheapest of those three already and yet they didn't use him, I feel like they're starting to cut corners. Archived sounds would have been better than the voice they're using in game.

The flying monkeys in the new batman set look very good. I just started the game today so seeing all these flying monkeys in the first level makes me want those figs very badly. If only that wicked witch pack had one in it, i already would have it lol