TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

45 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

I think the format of the Warner Brothers logo is telling. It's a dull greyish blue, and appears to be either chipped stone with possibly some drops of dark liquid on it. It definitely doesn't make me think LEGO. I think it'll either be some news about that rumored Aquaman game, or possibly (and this is likely just me being hopeful) a Shadow of Mordor sequel? I think a new Arkham game is unlikely, as Rocksteady seemed intent on it being a trilogy. (Origins withstanding, as that one wasn't made by them.)

Where is that image from?

A french WB Twitter account. At least, I think it was French.

On 1/30/2017 at 9:28 PM, Ashnflash said:

Supposedly it looks like March 21st is the tentative date for the release of Wave 8. (Excalibat, Michael Knight, Chase McKay, Sloth, and Hermione) 

My Amazon preorder shows Excalibur Batman and Michael Knight coming out on the 10th Feb along with the Batman story pack.

33 minutes ago, blurrkup said:

My Amazon preorder shows Excalibur Batman and Michael Knight coming out on the 10th Feb along with the Batman story pack.

Those 2 are actually store exclusives so it's odd that it's on amazon.... Also what country are you in, I just checked Canada and US and they only have the Story Pack listed. And March 21st is when all of those packs will be available anywhere. 

Edited by Ashnflash

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Those 2 are actually store exclusives so it's odd that it's on amazon.... Also what country are you in, I just checked Canada and US and they only have the Story Pack listed. And March 21st is when all of those packs will be available anywhere. 

I'm in the UK.

Because of the packs i already bought i caved today and bought the game for cheap. Is there a place(website) where i can find things like who does what, what do i need and stuff? Maybe i can still find some cheap first wave figs to give me more joy while playing.

About the possible ending of Dimensions i'll have to say that i'm thankful for all those great license characters they gave us and if there is going to be a wave 3 i hope for more iconic licensed figs :-)

18 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

A french WB Twitter account. At least, I think it was French.

Not doubting you, but could you link me to it?

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Because of the packs i already bought i caved today and bought the game for cheap. Is there a place(website) where i can find things like who does what, what do i need and stuff? Maybe i can still find some cheap first wave figs to give me more joy while playing.

About the possible ending of Dimensions i'll have to say that i'm thankful for all those great license characters they gave us and if there is going to be a wave 3 i hope for more iconic licensed figs :-)

There are several websites out there which categorize the characters and abilities.  We bought the game in December, so like you, we feel like we are kind of late to the party.  Our strategy has been to try and get the Year 1 stuff first.  On the game, that is all of the stuff in the "Vortron" world.  We have a couple of packs where the gateways are in the "Shard", but those are relatively newer.  With that said, I would focus on getting the level packs you really want as well as to try and get a representative from each world other than the three default ones.  Cragger works best for Chima since he is the only one who can tackle underwater Chi situations.  If you are planning on being a completionist, then you will definitely need a character from each world and every ability.  Hire a hero can help with some situations.  If a Portal 2 device need is encountered, you have to have that level pack.  I do not think every character is needed, but it looks like the majority are.  Check the Five Below stores, big box stores like Walmart, and Toys R Us online.  We have not had much luck with Lego S&H since they seem to be sold out of a significant number of sets, some of which are year 2.  

Hey guys, I'm at work so can't share the link, but over on the reddit page somebody has claimed to have found files relating to Team Chaotix from Sonic! Perhaps we may see them in an upcoming secret area or even pack? Or just as likely they were planned bu scrapped :( Hopefully the former!

Ah neato! I know it's been revealed already but god damn am I loving those builds for Sloth there. Chase's build was pretty much to be expected, Buckbeak on the other hand for Herimone's pack not so sure about.

11 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:

that's er

some solid gameplay right there

THats just an amazing fighting move where he kicks off the guy and spin kicks the guy behind him

20 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Our strategy has been to try and get the Year 1 stuff first. 

Thanks. Will try to find me some year one level stuff and maybe some special figs. 

About Sloth: LOVE IT! 

Michael Knight is going to be in my possession too, but i think the design of hassel the hoff and k.i.t.t. could be a bit better imho.

So reportedly the Lootcrate comes with 1 of 5 exclusive Batman figures. That are different colours.... I haven't come across pictures or anything so I'm not sure of it's a Dimensions thing or a LBM thing...

J2G also just said in his video about the Wave 8 that "its almost as if they're stretching out the release of these to make it seem like the project is still alive..." So they're you go... :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

J2G also just said in his video about the Wave 8 that "its almost as if they're stretching out the release of these to make it seem like the project is still alive..." So they're you go... :cry_sad:

But the devs said they had 3 years all planned out. 3.

they are only spacing them out because they don't what will we have leading up to year 3? nothing just like what happened with year one up to the start of year 2.. so lego dimensions is not going anywhere.. until we hear from lego themselves I'm not putting my faith in anything

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

But the devs said they had 3 years all planned out. 3.

So did BIONICLE G2, and look what happened to that. If the sales ain't there, then the plans don't come into fruition. Simple.

Just now, AyliffeMakit said:

So did BIONICLE G2, and look what happened to that. If the sales ain't there, then the plans don't come into fruition. Simple.

Whatever. I'm still withholding judgement until we get official confirmation.

but the sales are there :) just because things show up in a 99 cent store does not mean doom and gloom :).. disney infinity did not show up in 99 cent stores

that's why i don't talk about gaming news on my youtube channel, ibecauseIdon't want anyone to take my words as faith or gospel