So who else is tired of having so many problems trying to order from the S@H site? I know I have. I have to play musical browsers just to make an order or try to find out the status of an existing order.

I know a lot of people have been having major problems like me. I find that if I clear the cache, which happens automatically when I quit my browser, I can relaunch it and the S@H site will again work normally, but only for a few clicks/page changes, then its back to malfunctioning. No matter what I do, I get sent back to the front page of the site. I don't know what it is, and its probably a collection of problems, but I think they really should get to work on fixing it. With record profits and all time high popularity, I would think more emphasis on an excellent website would be a top priority.

And then there is the issue of the on again, off again confirmation emails. I ordered several things back on Sunday, and still have not received any form of confirmation or status message. I only know that most of my order has been shipped because I went on to the site to look up the order status. Maybe later today I will get a message, but so far, none. Doing this triggers the above mention set of problems! Haha...

Today, after having to switch from Firefox to Safari (I am on a Mac) a satisfaction survey popped up on me. So I filled it out, but as usual, it was not geared to actually address any problems that are occuring. So I tried to explain what is happening to me when on the site in one of the comment boxes. I doubt it will get to where it needs to go, though. So they might realize there are problems, but that survey didn't really allow me to point them out. It was the usual stuff, 'would you recommend the site to a friend or family member' etc....

I tried contacting customer support to tell them about the problems I have been having and got a semi-canned response, placing all the blame on me and my browser...not good. I know its something to do with that, but they need to keep the site up to date with the latest browsers, which I know is not easy since they are all constantly being updated. I think the problem intensified for me after Firefox was updated. Maybe they are working on it, but progress doesn't show to me.

Thoughts?

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with S@H. I've accessed S@H with different laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones and have never had any of the issues you're describing.

I had numerous problems on Day 1 of VIP x2 points as did many other people. There is also a thread on the Brickset forum about the troubles. I had already loaded my cart so all I had to do was check out when it was March 14th. The day came, I hit the shopping cart button and got a permanent spinning wheel on the screen. Different browsers and computers did not work. After unloading the shopping cart and reloading it, the order finally took. Order status was impossible to figure for a couple of days as that page would not load either.

Sure, Lego is a successful company. It is hard to dispute that. However, I do not see where having your online site prohibiting you from making a purchase could ever be a good thing for either Lego or the consumer.

Also, on that survey, the "would you recommend the site" question is exactly where I would address the issue by giving a low rating to that category and then explaining the difficulty/impossibility of purchasing an item.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

Their website sucks so much. Whenever I order parts, I have to create the order twice. Every time, without fail, it will erase my entire order the first time I create it. The search only works if I clear my cache and cookies. I constantly have problems not being able to check out or add items to my cart.

They make it incredibly difficult to give them money. It's unbelievable. It's been like this for a really long time too.

Also, on that survey, the "would you recommend the site" question is exactly where I would address the issue by giving a low rating to that category and then explaining the difficulty/impossibility of purchasing an item.

It doesn't really do any good. I've filled out that survey several times. The website hasn't been fixed. They never contacted me to ask questions about the issues I had. Nothing… the website is just stagnant.

I have accessed shop.lego.com on my phone, laptop, and tablet and have not had issues.

What browser do you use?

The website is a hit and miss for me. Some days I'll get right on and not have any trouble at all versus other days where it's really slow or "freezes" up on me and have to completely close the browser and get back in. And when I do order online, it seems like it takes forever to process then ship out. I could've gone down the road and picked up the same item the same day versus waiting 1 to 2 weeks for it to arrive via mail.

I totally gave up on the website mostly due to being 15 minutes from the Lego Store.

Yeah, I've been having problems with the site since last year, though nowhere near as bad as what some people seem to be struggling with it seems. It really seems a bit hit-and-miss though, some days it's working absolutely fine, some days it will crash back to the S@H front page when I try to access orders. Even when I'm trying to add Bricks and Pieces orders, it will often crash and not add it to cart, resulting in me starting all over again, that's the most frustrating. It's such a problem, I've had to take the precaution of copying the pre-S@H BnP summary (the bit with the terms and conditions) to Word so if S@H crashes, I can replicate the order quickly and try again.

I also had a pre-prepared cart prior to the start of double VIP, and it too suffered with perpetual loading on the 14th until I deleted a keychain out of it. Then it worked somewhat normally :wacko:

Needless to say, I only use S@H for Bricks and Pieces orders, I rarely buy sets from there anymore because the site is so unreliable. I've even mentioned it to UK customer service and they've acknowledged there is a problem with the site. No idea if they've done anything about it, this was about a month ago now. I always prefer to go take a trip to the LEGO Store, even if the parking at my local (Westfield London) is £2.80 an hour. That probably says a lot about how much I dislike using S@H, if I'm prepared to pay such an hourly rate on top of petrol costs to get my LEGO :laugh:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Only problem I've ever had is being sent back to the home page every now and then, if I've been inactive for a while, or sometimes when the site is being updated for new promotions. I pretty much just use it in Firefox on Mac these days. I don't ever recall any problems on Windows.

Whenever I order parts, I have to create the order twice. Every time, without fail, it will erase my entire order the first time I create it.

I had that problem recently indeed, but I got my bag back when I just picked in the browser history the address redirecting from the parts selection to the checkout page ; the second time I got the checkout page with my bag without having to redo the whole parts selection.

I often have that kind of "lost data" when I do a search: first time I search something it brings me back to the home page, second time it (sometimes) find what I ask.

(Firefox on Windows)

Edited by antp

I used to have hell with getting kicked back to the main page, having to clear my cookies then reload if I wanted to look at the second page of any theme's listing. Then it got to the point where I couldn't even log in properly - the form would just reset upon submitting. I had to go to ReBrick to log in through their slightly different userpanel, then come ack to S@H.

I was getting sick of this, so I decided to investigate which of the cookies was dodgy. Apparently it was the "s_sess" cookie. Since deleting that, everything's been working fine.

Agreed. For a company as large and successful as TLG, you'd think they could spend some money on their website. First, get rid of Flash. Flash died when Apple refused to adopt in on their devices. Second, tie your website directly to your inventory system so it's up to date at all times. In this day and age, I should not have to call to check for availability.

The cookie issue, while absolutely infuriating, only recently cropped up on me.

I would assume lego.com accounts for a decent chunk of sales, no?

Yes,the website seems to have had a rough time this year. I remember on January 1st they took a long time getting the new sets on S@H.

I only ordered once so far and had to back and forth serveral times during the payment process until the site really noticed that I properly filled out all fields in the first place.

Judging from other eCom platforms it is pretty safe to say that the S@H site is quite terrible.

Ive had some serious problem with this site, they took my money but order failed without notice.So Ive had a lot of money blocked in bank for about week.So I call to customer service, and they tell me to clear cache and cookies and use only internet explorer(!) .I use primary google chrome.

Im aware what will be next.This is pretty bad site for company like LEGO..

The whole USA site is down now, with an apology page coming up when trying to access it.

I'm getting this in Canada. I think I'll go to the Store for my double VIP purchase and March calendar coupon redeeming.

Service unavailable!

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Error 503

Edited by dr_spock

I'm also getting that message. I hope this means they're fixing the site. I've wasted a lot of time with lost orders on that website.

I just tried again, and it still shows the page below.... Maybe a fix to the problems?

Untitled.png

Site is back up, and I have been testing, and so far, so good, its working right for me now. My points seem to be updated too I think. Now if they could just get the Tower of Orthanc back in stock and send me mine... :-)

It seems the Lego site is having technical issues again. The same message is up from a few days ago.

I too have experienced plenty of quite annoying issues with their site many times; shopping cards dissapearing, searches taking you to the main page, region randomly changing to British or American, etc. You'd think the biggest manufacturer of toys in the entire world could afford a website that actually works...

Is S@H supposed to be adding the "Azari's Magic Fire" polybag to ANY purchase over £25, or did I just get cheated out of it when I made a Technic purchase in a physical Lego store today? I was told I had to buy an Elves set, but the online info doesn't specifically mention that. I still see the polybag in my online cart after adding a Technic set to it.

Is S@H supposed to be adding the "Azari's Magic Fire" polybag to ANY purchase over £25, or did I just get cheated out of it when I made a Technic purchase in a physical Lego store today? I was told I had to buy an Elves set, but the online info doesn't specifically mention that. I still see the polybag in my online cart after adding a Technic set to it.

In Canada, it is if you buy any Elves set. Maybe someone didn't code the business logic on the website correctly. :wink:

LEGO-March-Calendar.jpg