cesbrick

[MOC] – Freebuild – BlueWater Castle

Thanks guys for all the comments.

Thanks Ecc for the highlight on the frontpage :grin:

virtualrepublic - It sure is possible, but I don't think I would ever manage to do it myself. :classic:

Hugo - Thanks, it sure will be hard work but I think it will be a great display.

Edited by cesbrick

I have one perhaps naive question: In MOCs of these size and scope like the ones we see on Guilds of Historica, what is the secret of bricks procurement? Is there a hugely preferential way to get insane amounts of bricks at discounted prices, perhaps directly with Lego or something?

I am asking because for way simpler and more modest MOCs, I'm spending quite some money on Bricklink and these have 2 or 3 orders of magnitude more bricks than anything I've made so far? Is there a secret that eludes me? :classic:

Thanks for anyone's input and great work of course!

I have one perhaps naive question: In MOCs of these size and scope like the ones we see on Guilds of Historica, what is the secret of bricks procurement? Is there a hugely preferential way to get insane amounts of bricks at discounted prices, perhaps directly with Lego or something?

I am asking because for way simpler and more modest MOCs, I'm spending quite some money on Bricklink and these have 2 or 3 orders of magnitude more bricks than anything I've made so far? Is there a secret that eludes me? :classic:

In these case, these MOC was made for my LUG's expositions so 95% of the parts belongs to them/us. And yes, they have ways of buying parts with good prices like on LUG Bulks and such.

This is the most beautiful castle I have ever seen. I love it! Thank you for sharing it and inspiring us!

In these case, these MOC was made for my LUG's expositions so 95% of the parts belongs to them/us. And yes, they have ways of buying parts with good prices like on LUG Bulks and such.

Well thank you for this info, I for one haven't ever heard of this program and my dark age was over as of its establishement :tongue: Much appreciated!

Absolutely stunning! I don't know if 250 hours and 50 days is long or short for a huge and highly detailed MOC like this but I probably wouldn't have done it in that time. (Or maybe I am just a slow builder, which is also true).

Incredible work cesbrick! Amazing detail, I can't begin to imagine how you managed to continue building those incredibly detailed walls, I think I'd have given up...

The dark blue roofs look great and it has a great sense of scale. Love it!

To add to what cesbrick already said - usually I would say build what you are comfortable with and add a small amount of parts each time - with enough patience you will have a huge collection and can begin to build on this scale!

Hey, this is fantastic.

I have seen those wonderful "single buildings" so far, but to have a huge castle in your special style is really great.

I just love it!

Well, we are definitely being spoiled in the Guilds category at the moment.

This is an epic build.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

I am a huge fan of your style and bigger is even better. What a stunning build. I love the fact that you are not afraid to make bold statements in terms of colour. Every angle is worth to look at. A real achievement. Can't wait for your next build.

Magnificent castle, despite not having done a full castle before, your layout and design look amazing :wub: Jaw dropping size too, your builds never fail to impress :thumbup:

Gorgeous build! Normally I'm not a fan of extensive amounts of normal green in landscaping, but in this context, it looks fantastic! I also love how you gave each corner a somewhat distinct color scheme while still allowing everything to flow really well. What really stands out, though, are the roofs - the colors and curves there are excellent. Great work!

This is the most beautiful castle I have ever seen. I love it! Thank you for sharing it and inspiring us!

Thanks, that quite a compliment!

Well thank you for this info, I for one haven't ever heard of this program and my dark age was over as of its establishement :tongue: Much appreciated!

Your welcome! You should join a LUG if you haven't already.

Absolutely stunning! I don't know if 250 hours and 50 days is long or short for a huge and highly detailed MOC like this but I probably wouldn't have done it in that time. (Or maybe I am just a slow builder, which is also true).

Well it also helped that the most important parts were already parted out in small containers. That helped a lot for sure. :wink:

Incredible work cesbrick! Amazing detail, I can't begin to imagine how you managed to continue building those incredibly detailed walls, I think I'd have given up...

The dark blue roofs look great and it has a great sense of scale. Love it!

To add to what cesbrick already said - usually I would say build what you are comfortable with and add a small amount of parts each time - with enough patience you will have a huge collection and can begin to build on this scale!

Thanks basiliscus!

Muito, muito bom! Parabéns!

Very, very good! Congratulations!

Obrigado! :wink:

Well, we are definitely being spoiled in the Guilds category at the moment.

This is an epic build.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Thanks!

Awesome! The landscape is wonderful, and the hyper-realistic style of the whole castle is amazing.

Thank you.

Blowing my mind with the size and level of detailing, great job as always, just on a much larger scale!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoy it. :classic:

I'm left without words! Incredible work!

Thank you Master!

Seechless :wub:

Thanks!

I am a huge fan of your style and bigger is even better. What a stunning build. I love the fact that you are not afraid to make bold statements in terms of colour. Every angle is worth to look at. A real achievement. Can't wait for your next build.

Thank you. I do enjoy using vibrant colors specially on the landscape.I think it gives a sense of whimsical to the build that it's appealing to me.

Magnificent castle, despite not having done a full castle before, your layout and design look amazing :wub: Jaw dropping size too, your builds never fail to impress :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Soccer! Coming from you this is a real nice compliment. :wink:

Gorgeous build! Normally I'm not a fan of extensive amounts of normal green in landscaping, but in this context, it looks fantastic! I also love how you gave each corner a somewhat distinct color scheme while still allowing everything to flow really well. What really stands out, though, are the roofs - the colors and curves there are excellent. Great work!

Hey Halhi, thank you for your words. :classic: I agree with you, normal green is not my first choice, but with tis size (and the rest of the display also) I will have to use lots of it. I try to put some other shades of green like dark, olive and sand on top of it to give more texture and variaty. I also think that the roofs came out nice :wink:

This is extremely beautiful and great. A magnificent build.

How long did it take?

Thanks! It took me around 250 hours in 50 or so days. It was intense! :laugh:

Very nicely pictured! I love the blue roofs and the way everything is fitting together and still superbly unique.

Where is the blue water though one is tempted to ask? :sweet:

Thanks guys! :classic:

Very nicely pictured! I love the blue roofs and the way everything is fitting together and still superbly unique.

Where is the blue water though one is tempted to ask? :sweet:

Well I placed dark blue plates (mostly) below the trans clear 1x2 plates on the river. You cant tell from the pics, but it's blue.. ish :sweet: