cesbrick

[MOC] – Freebuild – BlueWater Castle

After fulfilling his contracted task on the enchanted forests of the west region, Adam and Terryn started their return trip to Albion. They’ve been riding for 3 days and are now on BlueWater Castle
region. The castle and the surrounding lands belongs to Sir Bridger and his beautiful daughter, Lady Melissa. Adam, but specially Terryn, are tired and in need for a resting place. Maybe Sir Bridger would welcome them on his castle to spend the night? Perhaps they could even get a chance to meet Lady Melissa and her legendary beauty…

Hey guys, I was going to post these MOC on History Forum, but I thought it would fit well on the West Region of avalonia, my current Guild as it is home to mighty stone castles. Also, can I somehow put the castle on Avalonian map? Is that possible?

I consider myself a castle builder, but I have never build a castle in the real sense of the word, so I thought it was about time I build one.

As I’m working on a big display to my LUGs expositions (Comunidade 0937) and having access to a lot more parts I could go a little wild. :)

This MOC stands on a footprint of 4x3 (48x48) baseplates and is more than 3 feet high. I had a clear idea of what I wanted to do since the beginning, but of course some modifications and adjustments were made along the build, such as the positioning of the various towers on the main walls or the shape of the half-timbered sections.

A few facts and thoughts that I would like to share:

-
Its viewable from the 4 sides and completely modular so it can easily be transported.

-
Despite having access to more parts, I still had some limitations. So, for instance, I had to use more LBG 1x2 plates and 1x2 masonry dark tan bricks on the walls that I wanted but nevertheless I think it turned out Ok all the same.

-
The colors used on the landscape terrain are not the ones that I would like to use, but again, due to its size, I had to use more common ones.

-
I build this at home and took me about 250 hours in 50 or so days to build this MOC.

-
I have no idea how many parts it’s made off! If someone as a rough idea, please let me now. But I can tell you that just on the landscape alone and on the castle interiors I used around 10000 2x4 bricks of various colors and on the walls I used at least 4000 round 1x1 bricks.

-
The landscape was not my priority as it will sure suffer some changes and adding’s when integrated on the full display so I spend just 5 days on it and is not yet as I want him to look.

-
Also, the trees are somewhat simple as I need them to be brickbuild (for easier transportation and also due to time restrictions) but I kind like them that way.

-
Naturally, I’m a BIG noob in taking good pics and these are total crap (overexposed, poor lighting, poor focus). Taking reasonable ones was a huge #$#/&%$ pain and in my opinion it looks so much better in person :)

Hope you all like it. It sure was an immense fun to build these one :)

I will try to upload more pics in a few days before I get this huge thing in card boxes :)

16225954273_24c152b423_c.jpgBlueWater Castle

16845869085_5d718d26c0_c.jpgBlueWater Castle

16225920063_005ac41a4f_c.jpgBlueWater Castle

Edited by cesbrick

*huh**oh2* Fantastic, Cesbrick! :wub: We sure are getting quite spoiled these days! This is my favorite build from you and probably the best castle I have ever seen!

I'm probably going to be staring at this for days taking in all the details, stupendous job :sweet:

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: Amazing! The shape and layout are superb, as well as the roofs :drool:

Brilliant rockwork and landscape too *oh2*

I have to say, that's quite impressive. Especially the stonework. The architecture is also quite amazing, and I like the colors used (except for the normal green, though I can understand that problem very well. :wink: Generally, I think this one turned out pretty awesome!

Fantastic! :wub: Your becoming quite the "expert" in building such wonderful creations! I especially like the use of the dark blue which gives it a fairy tale like feeling. And I think your photo's are pretty good considering the size of the build! :thumbup:

Amazing! Can't wait to see your next creation!

We have a lot of work to do in that display and the bar is very high with such creation!

:wub::wub_drool: This is absolutely fantastic, love the dark blue roofs, the level of detail all over, the castle's shape... I also really like the transitions from dark green to light green, and the patches of sand (olive?) green, the entire thing is just gorgeous! :thumbup:

Wonderful build!

So many details, colors, textures....BRICKS! I cannot grasp the amount of work that went into this. simply amazing!

Damn. That's pretty.

The blue roofs vs. the fall foliage is a great color combination and the hourglass-ish shaping to some of the towers is beyond cool.

Absolutely stunning! :wub:

This is one of the best and most beautiful castle builds I have ever seen! So many details......it will take several visits to see it all. I really like the way the blue roofs give the stonework walls and towers such a happy feel, it is warm and inviting. The landscaping fits the castle style perfectly. I especially like the large tree out front.

Now what this going on with these Historic folks eh ? :wink:

More AWESOMEness, wonderful castle structure and delightful foreground scenery........Brick On 'cesbrick' ! :grin:

Absolutely breathtaking castle!!!! Amazing job you did with the MOC!!!