Sign in to follow this  
Kendo

[ MOC ] Hit me ! - The Dark Knight

Hello Eurobricks

:classic: . This is the build I made to showcase my Batpod , as well as replicate one of my favourite scenes from "The Dark Knight" ( probably my favourite movie , along with the rest of the trilogy ) . The lamp posts (which along with the batpod are the most " tricky " parts of the build to get right ) took a while to design , as I wanted them to actually light up , and I'm not a big fan of 3d-party lighting for Lego so I had to use the PF lights . The solution came from modding the lights by removing the covering so that they get "bar" (lightsaber blade) wide , so they can fit through pins ( you can find some tutorials online but it's not necessary , you can probably figure it out by yourself ) . The lamp posts are also designed to look exactly like the ones in the film . The batpod is probably one of the best things I've ever built ( at least in my opinion ) and I think it is the very , very close to the " real thing " , at least for mining scale . I wont't talk too much about it , since there is a post just for it right here , so head there for more details about it . The "road" part of the build is simple and somewhat plain, but I like how it looks , and I believe it should be plain as it is so that it doesn't distract from the main part of the build , the two rivals . Finally , the minifigure roster includes the "Tumbler" 's Joker , as well as my custom pad printed Batman ( Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises suit ) , one of the few Lego Batmen with regular ,non-cartoony-white eyes . So , enough with the boring talk , and on with the pictures :

16568172749_305665c3bb_c.jpg

Here is a main shot with everything . you will notice the cables leading to the lamp posts . Again , yes those are modded PF lights and do actually light up , which is barely visible on these photos , as the light they produce is nothing in comparison to the flash of the camera used .

16728388236_782a75da2d_c.jpg

A shot of the Dark Knight running full speed for Joker , considering breaking his "one rule" .

16132189904_73bc36c925_c.jpg

Here is the lamp post again , sorry if the shadow is a bit distracting , I tried many things to avoid a shadow that can be confused with the build , but with no success

:sceptic: . The cables go to the back of the lamp post , and are held there by a 1x1 brick with hole . The go all the way till the pavement , and there again they are held under it with another 1x1 brick with hole .

16568403239_be23b8f7e2_c.jpg

Here is the Joker , equipped with a brickarms weapon ( I can't remember the exact model

:sceptic: ) . He is , in my opinion , the best minifigure TLG has ever produced for the Superheroes Line , he looks just like he does ain the movie , and really stands out next to any minifigure .

16566889690_75ebe4068e_c.jpg

An above shot from Batman's POV , as he heads straight for the Joker . You can get a good perspective view of the whole thing here ( except from the street lights ) .

16753226612_327dfafeea_c.jpg

The "set" , without the minifigs and batpod . Joker stands on the stud to the right , while Bats' bike just stands on its own ( it's kinda unstable but not too much ) . Also you can see the cables coming out from under the pavement .

16134332253_428d143fd3_c.jpg

A final shot of Bats heading straight from the camera .

Thank you all guys for viewing I hope you liked it

:classic: . Please leave a comment , I want to hear as many opinions and suggestions as you guys can come up with .

The Caped Crusader

Edited by The Caped Crusader

I love that scene, and your MOC looks fantastic!

Edited by Kelso

Thanks so much for your comments guys :sweet: . I will try taking a picture with no flash so you can see how it looks with the lights on . Please keep the comments up , I really appreciate them :classic:

Thank you so much LightningTiger and Robin Creations ! I am already working on my next project ( Batman themed as well ) and I think you 're going to like it as well . Keep the comments up guys , they really mean a lot :sweet: .

I will try taking a picture with no flash so you can see how it looks with the lights on .

I was going to ask for this! I would like to see the scene in some "moody" lighting

Hey guys , sorry it took so long , I finally found the time to take a picture with no flash so that you can see the lights . here you go :

16646604729_04673e08bb_c.jpg

Thanks so much for your comments Balbo , asher and Jared . Keep them up ! :sweet: