Hinckley

New City Ideas Contest-discussion thread

Can I enter with an "old" moc that I've already shown in another topic? Like all my city moc, it's a set that I would like TLC to produce.

Can I enter with an "old" moc that I've already shown in another topic? Like all my city moc, it's a set that I would like TLC to produce.

I think that is okay *sweet*

Lazy ON !! :-D :-P

*yoda*

Lazy ON !! :-D :-P

Ok, I admit...

But all the set in my town that are not oficial sets are some city ideas, so...

And I'm not lazy, I optimise my time :-D

And I'm not lazy, I optimise my time :-D

Great way to put it X-D :-P

Since I have NO byuilding whatsoever, I have to start from scratch |-/ Depressing ON !!

*yoda*

Great way to put it X-D :-P

Since I have NO byuilding whatsoever, I have to start from scratch |-/ Depressing ON !!

*yoda*

You were going for a bar, right? In that case.. shouldn't you start by doing "research"? :-P

You were going for a bar, right? In that case.. shouldn't you start by doing "research"? :-P

Oh my head, it hurts !! Why am I feeling all drowsy ?? Can someone stops the floor from moving please !! X-D

*yoda*

It sounds funny if you imagine yoda from the movies saying that. won't boe on much today--got a flight to Oregon to see some relatives. goin' in 15 minutes.

I'm going to definitely try to get in on this one with my Chinese Restaurant.

I've got parts and sets flying in as we speak, hopefully enough to get this thing together.

If not, I'll have to resort to the digital version :-(

Either way, I'm in!

City On! *y*

I must say, FreeBee, I'm really impressed with your MOC. Not so much about the design, though (even though it is great), but more because you made it using the limited parts selection in Lego Digital Designer! 8-

Dang, I am stuck in the construction of my bar :-/

I was inspired by UB's modular firehouse so I decided to go modular as well ;-) Yeay baby, thats the new hype !! Modular On >:-)

The "foundations" are done and I need a lot of parts to complete the "mid section" (sure I have loads of useless parts in crap colours, but for once I wanted to use less conventionall colours I'm so screwed :-D BL On !!)

However I am stuck on how to build the section from the top of the door & windows till the roof |-/ I want to do something cool but don't know what yet !! I'm getting better at MOC but as a newbie its pretty hard to get things done as you visualise them :-P I am fed up for tonight hehe Will work on it tomorrow hehe

Until now I am pleased at how this looks and I will definitly keep it ;-) First building for my future town :-P

Bar On !!

*yoda*

It's too bad you can't enter that in the contest: I might have just voted for it if it was one of the best MOC's in the competition. ;-)

Please read the whole thread before writing the opposite :-|

Rules:

Um, Freebee, there is a gray-haired kid in your classroom! X-D

Lol.

I thought I already posted it appears I didn't. :-/

Um, Freebee, there is a gray-haired kid in your classroom! X-D Lol.

@Axle

It's that you said it because i didn't see it lol.

I think he's a slow learner lol.

@Grevious

Thanx for compliments *y*

This one I think I will try to enter. I need somethign to force me to do a bit of building.

One of the reason I never like contests is that I always feel I am ripping off someone else's MOC, since pretty much anything I make I have seen before somewhere and derived the inspiration, but I have seen so many MOCs that it is impossible to credit anyone anymore (except if someone is being whacked by a stale baguette, thrown in a toilet, dumped in a garbage can, or similarly abused... in which case I clearly can credit Hinkley).

At home I can rip off all the great builders and enjoy what I build for myself. Once it goes on display, I am always paranoid about plagiarism so I really try for whatever I make to be different, to the point where I end up not building much. Stupid huh? Oh well, we all have our psychiatric issues.

So i should also look for some flower shops to make a good research.. like *yoda* did for his bar before. The good thing is.. i

Seems like I'll go for my shipyard idea, bought 7994 today, partly because I wanted to use it for this contest. Seriously, that ship is huge X-D

Guess I'll have to do some bricklink shopping the coming days/weeks ;-)

One of the reason I never like contests is that I always feel I am ripping off someone else's MOC, since pretty much anything I make I have seen before somewhere and derived the inspiration, but I have seen so many MOCs that it is impossible to credit anyone anymore (except if someone is being whacked by a stale baguette, thrown in a toilet, dumped in a garbage can, or similarly abused... in which case I clearly can credit Hinkley).

At home I can rip off all the great builders and enjoy what I build for myself. Once it goes on display, I am always paranoid about plagiarism so I really try for whatever I make to be different, to the point where I end up not building much. Stupid huh? Oh well, we all have our psychiatric issues.

Errr... thanks for sharing! I often feel the same way.When I was building my Mad Max car I was at first avoiding using the windscreen piece that I did as someone else made a Mad Max car with it. However eventually I accepted that it was the best one for the job and got over it.... I think! I look forward to seeing your entry. :-P

Seems like I'll go for my shipyard idea, bought 7994 today, partly because I wanted to use it for this contest. Seriously, that ship is huge X-D

It's a great set isn't it?

I just finished my entry. Its a surprise. You know, the best kind of prize is a SUR-prize! I'll post pics tommarrow! ;-)

It's a great set isn't it?

It is! Haven't built the ship yet, since I saved that for last, and it was around 03:00 when I had finished the dock and the truck ;-) So I'm going to build that today :-) And I actually like the hull, hopefully there will be more ships based on that hull, in other colours. A red one, and perhaps a green one would be great :-)

I finished my entry (last night at 3am :-P ) and it kicks serious megablocks :-P Now I only need to add some minor details (if any) and to order on BL all the parts I used in tan that I need in another colour ;-)

That contest will rock big time !!

*yoda*

Way to go! *y* Great entries so far, guys. Can't wait to see the others!!

G I rechanged my entry once again :-| Now the "building" is finished !! yeay !!

After nearly 2 hours spent on ground work on the exterior part I decided that all I did was crap, so I tore everything down >:-( Now I know what I need to do, pfeww who would think that a MOC on a 16x32 baseplate was that much work !!

Now it will rock big time hehe !! I'm sure all of you will become regular patrons of my delightfull establishment :-P

Cool entry SirNadroj !! That Panda bear is really fun hehe (When I see a Panda Bear I just have that South Park Sexual Harassment panda in my mind X-D ) !! Great idea to have mini sets in there !! Why on Earth that stupid AFOL leaves without that great Fabuland set |-/

MOC On !!