brickpreviews

Show off your LEGO collection!

Apologies if a thread for this already exists but I didn't see one. I would love to see everyone's LEGO collection. I will post my in a few days once I do some tidying up.

Apologies if a thread for this already exists but I didn't see one. I would love to see everyone's LEGO collection. I will post my in a few days once I do some tidying up.

There is one in the Technic section.

collection.jpg

I almost got my set-up completed (unpacking boxes from house-changes), when that's done I'll post some pics :D

16087452684_c71357a410_b.jpg

A poorly-lit shot of the shelves above my desk.

Top: Mini Cooper, lunch box, coin bank, snack box.

Middle: Duplo dino with jungle smurf, plus some bricks: Soft, Quatro, Jumbo, Duplo, System, Modulex.

Bottom: Some Chris McVeigh designs and a big head filled with slotted bricks :)

Well, it's a bit of a mess at the moment...

image.jpg1.jpg

I've been collecting for years, during most of which I lived in a tiny studio apartment where I just didn't always have room to enjoy my bricks, so I didn't always get around to even opening sets, but I still tried to get as many of the ones I wanted as I could, figuring someday I'd be better able to enjoy them.

Someday is now. After a few years of living with my girlfriend in a small house that was nevertheless larger than my old apartment, we recently a) moved to a much larger house in a new area, and b) got married. We've now been here a few months, but I still don't have quite the LEGO area I'd like. The issue is no longer one of space, though - while the room you see here is pretty cluttered with extraneous stuff that we haven't yet gotten around to properly storing, it's still a large room, and my main problem now is having desk / table area to build, play and display stuff on, along with appropriate hardware for storing and organizing bricks and opened sets. Right now, I mostly have a mix of unopened sets on wire rack shelves, and opened and assembled sets plus loose bricks jumbled together in Rubbermaid and Sterilite containers (largely hidden behind other things in this photo, but you can make some out here and there). Consider this the beginnings of my own LEGO room - well, area, anyway (the room is large enough that we also use it for other hobbies, plus watching TV; it'll never be LEGO-only, but LEGO will always dominate the space).

On the left you'll notice a long, narrow table put together from components from IKEA; this is the beginnings of the build space I hope to have eventually, but I want / need a lot more. I also want to eventually have some large tables in the middle for building / displaying large layouts.

Mine is just jammed in my bookshelves where ever i can fit it. I mainly collect vintage 80's vehicles and then build modern 6 stud versions, although i do have a little bit of odds and ends, my desk also has 4 current builds on it. This is a dedicated Man Cave room I don't have to share with my wife.

10995914_10152837147459285_1074211161405928781_o.jpg

LegoCollection.jpg

As you can see it's a picture of my "Lego room", I'm planning on having much more on the walls, but what's there will have to do for now. There's broken up portions of a city on the floor and some on the bed and other crap has overflowed into the main room. I've been trying to return to the 1980's as an adult for some time now, Aside from buying up copious amounts of close-out 12V Legos, there's a whole bunch of other things I need to do, like massive mullet, buy a 3rd F-body car, and there's all sorts of dreamy women with massive abundant totally awesome 80's hairdos.

So yeah . . .those are my plans for now, If I get really ambitious I'll take over the world or something, till then, having a room for hockey stuffs, another as a shrine to Transformers and one that I sleep in is enough to keep me content. I would prefer that all of these rooms be much, much, much larger though.

Edited by Breakdown

^ that's a museum...

Impressive collection!

Glad to see that you still have a shelf available in the marvel corner... There are a few sets coming soon :laugh:

^ that's a museum...

Impressive collection!

Glad to see that you still have a shelf available in the marvel corner... There are a few sets coming soon :laugh:

Thanks :grin: Yeah, I should consider to charge admission :devil:

I'm glad about that as well, although I have no idea where to display the upcoming Summer wave sets :blush: Thus far, I've always managed to magically make space for new sets, but I think I'll reach my limits rather soon :laugh:

Sweet collections!

Here is my humble one.

I only have Star Wars sets build, the others I have are from when I was very young and those set instructions are lost somewhere.

pIpyrRF.jpg

And here are boxes of sorted out Lego.

R1WvcNr.jpg

Edited by Kelso

How is yours? :wink:

I still have a few more sets to build before I want to show it. Right now it looks really random with a bunch of different themes mixed in but I think once I finish some of the themes and do some reorganization it will look better :D

Here's my collection, resurrected, from when I came out of my dark ages in 2008.

post-135058-0-63541100-1426139793_thumb.jpg

I've added a few sets since then :wink:

That Elves collection is indeed amazing. Is that a custom made mat the sets are placed on? It looks spectacular and blends the sets together in a great way.

Those Elves sets look amazing together! I could not have imagined wanting those..

Although the sail looks a little wrong i think?