Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

Help me train expert people (power motors)

Hello everyone, Not really train related but i felt you guys would be the best to ask this, I purchased a hellicarrier recently and was planninng to power function it, However whenever i plug in the small rectangular box to the m-motor the green light on the box goes out and nothing happens, Is there a fix for this?

Cheers :)

Does the battery box LED light up green when you press the green button and nothing is connected to it?

Are you using good AAA batteries?

I assume the Helicarrier uses the AAA battery box like this one?

pacer4.jpg

yup thats the one :) , the green light does light up when nothings on it, but the second i plug in the motor your using in that picture it goes off, The batteries are ok, all giving at lease 1.4 when Ammetered, but still nothing?

There may be something wrong with that M-motor. Do you have another motor to test or even the Power Function LEDs?

Does the battery box LED light up green when you press the green button and nothing is connected to it?

Are you using good AAA batteries?

I assume the Helicarrier uses the AAA battery box like this one?

pacer4.jpg

Just a quick side question , could I get more information on what this is?

I have a few bum motors as well, doesn't lego have a brick replacement thing? send them a bum brick get back a good one?

Having worked in a battery store for a year and a half, I find a brand new, good 1.5v alkaline battery to be 1.58v - 1.6v out of the package. At 1.4v, they might power a small load like the light, but not have the juice to get the motor going. Replacing those would be an easy and cheap place to start in eliminating what could be going wrong.

Hello everyone, Not really train related but i felt you guys would be the best to ask this, I purchased a hellicarrier recently and was planninng to power function it, However whenever i plug in the small rectangular box to the m-motor the green light on the box goes out and nothing happens, Is there a fix for this?

Cheers :)

Do you have the infrared reciever as pictured by dr_spock? If not, take an axle piece and turn the orange round piece at the top and turn it off of 0, then the motor may start running.