Oky

Disney Movies and TV Shows Discussion

Apparently Zootopia is a hit. The reception and reviews are 90-95% positive

Disney has been on fire since 2009: The Princess And The Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Inside Out and now Zootopia.

They just..... know how to do it.... It's amazing

Edited by Robert8

Apparently Zootopia is a hit. The reception and reviews are 90-95% positive

Disney has been on fire since 2009: The Princess And The Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Inside Out and now Zootopia.

They just..... know how to do it.... It's amazing

Just can they give handrawn animation another film at least? With so much talent I think they could make any animated film shine.

Zootopia was really good. It shown the light on minority discrimination in such a creative way.

Also there was a Breaking Bad easter egg :grin:

Zootopia was really good. It shown the light on minority discrimination in such a creative way.

There was, where in the movie was it? Or just a bunch of sarcasm. Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

There was, where in the movie was it? Or just a bunch of sarcasm.

When the sheep were making the savage bullets, one of them was like 'Walter and Jesse has lunch for us'

Thanks for pointing that out! I just saw it last night and probably would have missed that if you wouldn't have told us! :sweet: That was very fitting, especially with the stuff being blue. There were actually quite a few subtle jokes like that that will go over most people's heads, like the Bunnies being "good at multiplying" thing. :grin: Overall, the movie was indeed very good, mainly due to its likable characters and deep messages. It saddens me that these issues are still relevant today, but that's unfortunately how it is and everyone, especially kids and Trump supporters, need to be reminded that prejudice is bad, so I think this movie came out at just the right time and who better to remind us of this than Disney. I don't think it's the best Disney movie ever as the 99% on Rotten Tomatoes would lead you to believe, but definitely more meaningful than most and the fact that it's doing so well restores my faith in humanity.

We also got lots of exciting Disney TV news recently! First off, it has been announced that the Kim Possible creators are working on a Big Hero 6 animated series that will air on Disney XD in 2017! I'm very excited about this because ever since I saw the team's continues adventures during the end credits of the movie, I could totally see them doing a series about it and now they're actually doing it! Hopefully it will be just as good as Kim Possible.

big-hero-6-series.jpg

Next, we got our first look at the new DuckTales (Woo-hoo)! I like the Carl Barks-esque art style and the fact that Donald is there, just like in the comics. And I love the updated Webbigail. Hopefully she won't be such a bad stereotype this time. I hope Launchpad will be there too - unless they're saving him for a Darkwing Duck reboot? :look:

Cc9nVrtUYAAwJSO.jpg

And lastly, we got some images and details from Tangled Before Ever After. I'm surprised they're making a Tangled series instead of a Frozen one, but I'm glad as I prefer Tangled. But if this takes place after the movie, shouldn't Rapunzel have her short brown hair? :wacko:

From the Deadline article:

Disney Channel’s upcoming movie-spinoff series Tangled: Before Ever After has added a number of voice actors. Joining Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi, who starred in the 2010 movie Tangled, are three others who are reprising their roles from the film: Jeffrey Tambor as Big Nose and Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty — both members of the Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs — and M.C. Gainey as Captain of the Guards.

The franchise newcomers are led by Divergent series co-star Ashley Judd, who will play Queen Arianna, the mother of Rapunzel (Moore); Broadway actress Eden Espinosa as Cassandra, the long-haired one’s handmaiden and confidante; comic Jeff Ross as Hook Foot, brother of Hand Foot; and Richard Kind as Uncle Monty. Also aboard are Sean Hayes, Peter MacNicol, Clancy Brown, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Diedrich Bader, Charles Halford, Steve Blum, James Monroe Iglehart, Jeremy Jordan and Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad actor Jonathan Banks.

Set to bow next year, Disney Television Animation’s Tangled: Before Ever After is set between the events of the film and the start of the 2012 short Tangled Ever After and follows Rapunzel as she acquaints herself with her parents, her kingdom and the people of Corona.

Chris Sonnenburg and Shane Prigmore developed the series, with Sonnenburg serving as executive producer.

tangled-before-ever-after-poster.jpg?w=452&h=285

tangled-before-ever-after.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

So who's ready for 2017? I know I am! :excited:

Just saw Zootopia earlier today. Very well done.

To celebrate its message of love and peace; I ordered a lamb gyro at a Greek restaurant after the film (hehehe...)

Hmm a Big Hero 6 show? I wanted to see their continued adventures after the movie finished, but I figured a theatrical sequel would be out of question. A TV program sounds perfect though!

Haha no one could fault you for eating a lamb gyros, those thing are legit.

I'm torn between Zootopia and the new Cloverfield movie.

We also got lots of exciting Disney TV news recently! First off, it has been announced that the Kim Possible creators are working on a Big Hero 6 animated series that will air on Disney XD in 2017! I'm very excited about this because ever since I saw the team's continues adventures during the end credits of the movie, I could totally see them doing a series about it and now they're actually doing it! Hopefully it will be just as good as Kim Possible.

*image snipped*

*oh2* Welp, one of my favorite recent Disney movies (and by far my most favorite setting in a Disney movie, seriously can San Fransokyo please become a real thing already?!?), done by the people behind one of my number one nostalgic TV shows. Time to go set my DVR! :laugh:

Watched Mulan to start my 'watch the classic animated Disney movies marathon' because I haven't seen any.

Mulan ✓

54 to go

Edited by Robert8

It looks wonderful!! The piano intro music was so nostalgic :sweet: Goosebumps!

In "celebration" of that, I watched Beauty and the Beast (again, for the first time...) last night.

Also this week I watched The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. Tonight will be Aladdin! These movies are amazing, I don't understand how I never saw them.

In "celebration" of that, I watched Beauty and the Beast (again, for the first time...) last night.

Also this week I watched The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. Tonight will be Aladdin! These movies are amazing, I don't understand how I never saw them.

Wow how did you miss out on all of these? Sure must be fun catching up though.

I have seen most Disney movies, but I will admit I've only seen bits of Bambii... So I guess I have some catching up to do to.

:distressed: !

Is this for real?

Speaking of great Disney films I just finished watching "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," it's been a while since I've seen it. Technically it is a "Touchstone Pictures" film but seeing the mouse house owns Touchstone it's just a Disney with a different name... But what genre is it? Film noir, cartoon, and political drama? Probably all three to be correct.

Aladdin was great! Lilo & Stitch is next and then Sleeping Beauty, and then that should be every movie in the CMF Series.

Aladdin was great! Lilo & Stitch is next and then Sleeping Beauty, and then that should be every movie in the CMF Series.

Although is not part of the Disney CMF series, I highly recommend you The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is the best animated Disney movie ever (IMHO)

Oh yes Hunchback is highly underrated, and deserves more fame. IMHO Judge Frollo is the creepiest Disney villain ever. He has no evil powers, but he creates more damage during the film than any other villain in Disney canon ever has, and without spoiling things to much his motivation is shockingly lustful for a G-Rated film.

Oh and the animation is gorgeous to.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Agree at 100%

But he should have killed Esmeralda, to show how much damage irrational hate can cause

That would have been so epic. A Mufasa's death level of epicness.

Edited by Robert8

:excited: Looks great!

Great! Glad you're catching up on your childhood. :wink: After you're done with those, you need to watch The Lion King. We will probably never get anything from that movie in the CMFs, but it is still regarded as the best Disney movie by many.

Also, R.I.P. Alan Young. :sadnew: I guess Uncle Scrooge will be voiced by someone else in the reboot now...

Lucky Duck! I've been trying to find that one one DVD, but because of the whole "fault system scheme" Mickey's got going, it has been nearly impossible (well I guess I could go on Ebay, but whatever). It's rather hard to find some of the good classics in stores, at least if you don't mind giving up an arm and a leg (or soul) as payment. When the live action version gets closer to release though, Disney will most likely release the animated one again thankfully. :thumbup:

I must note it's rather shocking to find people who've not seen Disney movies. Obviously, there's tons of people who have not seen them, but still--it's great now that you can finally enjoy them. Must have been tough to avoid spoilers from movies released decades and decades ago! :grin:

Yeah the "Disney Vault" marketing scheme can be frustrating sometimes. Still it gave us this great YouTube parody:

But yeah CM4sci, everything Disney did in the 1990's was great. The weakest film of the bunch, Pocahontas is still miles ahead of a lot of modern day animated films. Don't forget that Disney/Touchstone Pictures released the Nightmare Before Christmas in 1993 to, another good one.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I have fond memories of seeing Beauty and the Beast as a kid. We got it for Christmas the same year I got this set:

6059-1.jpg

When we watched the movie, I built the set behind the couch where I could still see the TV. Every time I hear the intro music I remember those moments building that set. :sweet:

Every time including for the new teaser trailer. It looks good, and I'm sure it will be (I'll be seeing it, regardless), but I'm not too sold on Emma Watson (as an actress generally, not just as Belle), and while I like Ewan McGregor's Lumiere voice, his delivery made an already-cliche phrase sound even more so. :sceptic:

I am most looking forward to Stanley Tucci's character though, because that guy can do anything. I need a Stanley Tucci cinematic universe.