V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

So I can see it's been awhile since anyone posted here, but I was able to get a number of great deals on LEGO Pirate sets this past break, so I'm going to start bragging about them here. :pir-cry_happy:

One of my favorites is Skull Island. I've really, really wanted this set for a long time, first when it came out, then later when I got my Black Seas Barracuda and needed a port for it. Eventually I got another Forbidden Island (my first was long gone), but it's not really much of a port. Plus, the Imperial faction's base was growing as I had acquired the new Soldier's Fort, Eldorado Fortress, and Lagoon Lock-Up over the past two years. The Pirates were in need of a base.

I was able to get this set on eBay for US $35 with $8 shipping--a really great deal. Part of the reason the price was so low was because the seller had only a stock picture of the set up, with minimal details, so I was taking a bit of a gamble here. It could easily have been missing major pieces or minifigs, or be one of the knock-off brand versions that I know are floating around somewhere. But the seller assured me it was complete, so I went ahead and bought it.

The gamble paid off--it was just as described! It was in great condition and not a single piece was missing, which is unusual in my experience...even the "complete" sets on eBay tend to have one or two small pieces go missing before they reach me. One of my favorite things about this set is the way it combines an over-the-top Pirate look with a well built structure. Plus, it came with the box...AND it turned out that this particular set was originally sold outside the US, so it came with a shooting cannon! As if that weren't cool enough, the seller had thrown in an extra shark.

Stay tuned for more!

TC

Once I found out that the Pirate line was being discontinued I went out to Toys R Us (the only store that still sold them) and I was able to pick up "Loot Island" and "Kracken Attackin." These were the last two sets at the store and as far as I can tell the last two Pirate sets in my city. It was a bittersweet victory.

Me too, I managed to get every 2009 sets except Kraken Attack but including Shipwreck Hideout, all in Dec 2010. I love the use of tan and brown pieces. Just wish TLG can continue with classic pirates after PotC.

Just got my 6236 King Kahuka :). It's a pretty solid impulse set.

Now I'm only missing 1795 Imperial Cannon and my Pirates Collection will be over :). In 3 years I've managed to get all Pirates sets with their instructions (which was sometimes hard with Value Pack sets like 1889), I've also got some boxes but I wasn't chasing after them (that would take too much space, ans my wife is already complaining about it :pir_laugh2: ).

At this time, all sets are dismantled (I've thoroughly checked that they were really complete with originals parts), I'm waiting for the last one (1795) to build them all in the order they appeared on the market.

Then I'll take a lot of pictures to post them here :).

I will also build the four sets that come from the two Idea Books (they are quite nice, although the Islanders boat looks a bit weird).

I hope I will be able to get that 1795 very soon (it's a shame it only came on the american market... By the way, if someone have it MISB, I have a MISB Pirate Advent Calendar I can send ;)).

Edited by Boomchil

Boomchil, that's really exciting to hear! It sounds like you're going to have a fun time. I admire your self restraint...I would never be able to leave Pirate sets disassembled for that long! I also can't wait to see the pictures. I'll keep my eye out for an extra 1795--I never got a chance to order the Advent calendar...

I recently became Value Pack complete, which was nice, particularly the Pirates gun cart set, which I never got as a kid.

TC

I have been noodling around with my armies a little and decided to add 225 of these (French)

973pb542c01.jpg?0

and 210 of these (Spanish)

973pb524c01.jpg?0

It'll take me a couple months to aquire all the little odds and ends to finish the armies. I'll post pictures when they're done.

I was just wondering, Is $200 a good price for a SES or BSB in good condition (crisp sails etc) with the box? If not what would be a fair price?

I just got two sets from fellow board member VBBN:

Brickbeard's Bounty

Loot Island

Looking forward to putting them together. I also have the Imperial Flagship, Cannon Battle, and Kraken Attackin'. Now I need the fort and maybe even Shipwreck Hideout.

I was just wondering, Is $200 a good price for a SES or BSB in good condition (crisp sails etc) with the box? If not what would be a fair price?

That's a pretty good deal, from what I can see from the SES on BL,it can go to almost $300, and the BSB can go up to $995 :pir-oh:, but I don't think that the $995 is a far price at all. :pir-hmpf_bad:

All in all, from what I can see, yes, it sounds like a good deal.

Rock Island refuge

6273-1.1105158267.thumb2.jpg

I got it for xmas, as a set comming to my collection after 10+ years. It's actually reason why I registered (and found this forum in first place) as it has relaunched my Lego Pirates passion!

Edited by Pavel

Well today I received my 6285 BSB. Wasn't quite sure what to expect as I won it on eBay for only £45, based upon one poor quality image. I thought there may be parts missing etc. However to my utter amazement, it was in excellent condition with crisp sails, all minifigs, no missing parts. Think I've grabbed myself a great bargain!

Great to hear! Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith with online sellers...

TC

I got a 6253 Shipwreck Hideout from amazon. My girlfriend actually got it for me. Now I just need the soldiers fort and I'm basically done getting all the 2009 sets I missed. (Dont feel the need to get the impulses or battlepack since there are no unique elements I can spot.)

I got a Sabre Island in absolutely beautiful condition today--with a firing canon, which is always a nice surprise! I now have all the Pirate sets and books released in 1990--the first time I've ever had the entire collection from a given year.

I also got a mostly-complete Imperial Flagship...probably overpaid for it, though...some of the bricks had been replaced with...MEGA blocks!!! (The horror!) The pieces to finish it are coming through Bricklink; I can't wait!

TC

I got Rock Island Refuge the other day, although it was missing quite a few pieces. I will make a list at some point and try and fill the gaps from Bricklink. It still built after a fashion though, so I think it was worth it.

Today, I received Eldorado Fortress, which I've been after for ages. I'm looking forward to building it!

I had just gotten the last pieces to buil 6259 Broadside's Brig, so I did.

Edited by Runamuck

Not really an acquisition, but I just placed a pre-order for Queen Anne's Revenge and The Captain's Cabin. I used a Groupon and $100 gift card from my credit card points, so it only cost me $9.77. It said available May 1st. I have a feeling the sets will be out sooner than that, so we'll see. This is my first time placing a pre-order online.

Awhile back I bought an Imperial Flagship (the first one) that was missing a lot of parts...I was finally able to get what I needed from Bricklink to finish it! I'm really pleased with this one, as I never had the Flagship and I haven't bought an old ship in awhile.

TC

Not really an acquisition, but I just placed a pre-order for Queen Anne's Revenge and The Captain's Cabin. I used a Groupon and $100 gift card from my credit card points, so it only cost me $9.77. It said available May 1st. I have a feeling the sets will be out sooner than that, so we'll see. This is my first time placing a pre-order online.

Where did you pre-order it from? Did it have all the sets? Was is available in Canada?

Where did you pre-order it from? Did it have all the sets? Was is available in Canada?

I preordered on the Barnes & Noble website. It's a bookstore here in the US, and I'm not sure if they do business in Canada. They have all of the sets available for preorder, with 10% off MSRP. You place your order, and then it seems they ship it when it "hits the streets". Note that they did charge me income tax, which I guess almost negates the 10% discount. (Shipping is free over a certain amount though, I think $25.) But then I don't imagine POTC sets will be on sale any time soon, right?

Here's a specific link to the QAR set for preorder. They have all the other ones for preorder as well (except for Black Pearl which isn't really revealed yet).

Edited by Zeya

(...)Note that they did charge me income tax, (...)

:pir-laugh:

So, Barnes and Noble have become a department of the Government: charging you income tax. I guess you mean sales tax!

:pir-laugh:

So, Barnes and Noble have become a department of the Government: charging you income tax. I guess you mean sales tax!

Haha yeah I meant sales tax. It is income tax season here so I guess it was on my mind.

Last night I finally finished putting together an Enchanted Island I bought on eBay. I love the overgrown green look it has, the awesome minifigures, and the cool sailboats. With this acquisition I have all the Pirate sets released in 1994. I also got the last Bricklink order I needed to rebuild my 1788 treasure chest set, which means I'm 1995 complete too. So I finally have the complete collections from three years: 1990, 1994, and 1995. :pir-cry_happy:

TC

What is my latest purchase? That would be the entire Pirates of the Caribbean line! I meant to just buy the London Escape today but well....$#!+ sometimes just happens! Awesome!!! I wish I could tear into them now but stupid work is interfering.

What is my latest purchase? That would be the entire Pirates of the Caribbean line! I meant to just buy the London Escape today but well....$#!+ sometimes just happens! Awesome!!! I wish I could tear into them now but stupid work is interfering.

lol, that's the trouble with work. Work keeps one from playing with Pirate LEGOs, but without work, there'd be no Pirate LEGOs to play with. :pir_laugh2:

I just finished assembling my brand-new Isla de Muerta and Captain's Cabin sets. I had to drive all the way to the LEGO store in Austin, but they were totally worth it! I love the Barbossa and Jack figures and the turning globe so much!

TC