V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

the price has already gone up! 207$ eb may have be responsible :P

not me, tho.... wonder how high this price will go

the price has already gone up! 207$ eb may have be responsible :P

not me, tho.... wonder how high this price will go

Umm... the auction ended some 13 hours ago ;)

But he has some other interesting stuff:

Auction 1

Auction 2

I hadn't checked to see if the auction had ended, insteand I read Count Sneffy's post and assumed it was still active. The lesson learnt here is to never trust Count Sneffy.

Hobbes, have you not visited Evil Willy's thread This guy is just amazing... in which he links the seller's Other Auctions?

I hadn't checked to see if the auction had ended, insteand I read Count Sneffy's post and assumed it was still active.  The lesson learnt here is to never trust Count Sneffy.

Or to read...

Hobbes, have you not visited Evil Willy's thread This guy is just amazing... in which he links the seller's Other Auctions?

Nope, I haven't. Sometime's it's just too many threads to catch up so I ignore some (most) of them...

Yes, the Pirate (& Castle) Forum moves quickly these days because of all those pirate threads. Very popular topic of discussion. Too bad you miss out on some really good stuff by ignoring threads though.

Too bad you miss out on some really good stuff by ignoring threads though.

Well, since I work in the IT business I'm glad when I don't sit in front of the computer at home too. And if I do I see that it doesn't take too long. So I miss some stuff...

Prices on aquazone, and some space are also down around the web... everbody is hoarding castle and specifically old grey!

God Bless,

Nathan

i think it's only natural. only reason old items sell for massive price is due to more AFOLs getting in the hobby. most likely the number of adults joining the ranks of AFOLs is fast diminishing and with it the price inflation of older sets/pieces.

hording sets in the hope of price inflation in the future only works when there is demand for it. when the set is in the market (for eg 6211 and 6210) every AFOL that wanted one can simply get them from the shops. when the sets sold out and new AFOL joined the ranks, only then will the sets appreciate (when these new AFOLs wanted the sets but cant buy them from shops any more).

only way for the price to continue its upward trend is for the "tweens" to become AFOLs in 5 year's time. but that is a challenge in itself considering that generation grew up on video games and not lego.

I better move to Belgium right this instant! I could only dream of prices like that in my part of the world, here are a couple of recent Imperial Guard auctions to illustrate my point...

Auction 1

Auction 2

I've noticed that Pirate LEGO is ridiculously cheap from Beligan and French sellers - pitty its not like that everywhere...

*EYES BULGE*

I wish they sold Imperial Guards in America like that! I'd easily buy one of those sets, had it been available still!

Mr Vahkimetru, do you watch the Imperial Guard auctions from sellers that live near you?

No, but I look on Bricklink, because my parents said they may make an account for me. So far, the prices are far to high. Not that I can't afford them, they're just not reasonable.

PS Vahki broke his finger! First break! (Sorry for off topic...)

snefroe1 did you buy this auction for yourself because it would seem such a shame you let a good deal like this pass you buy.

this was just the tip of the iceberg i'm afraid... if i were to buy every good deal i saw i'd still be broke... but i have to admit that all these offers are extremely tempting... another auction i saw was one with two smaller pirate ships, but not at all complete, basically just the hull , railings and mast, for 1.5 as well...

i just can't buy everything... i know, it hurts... however, i'll keep a look out for Phes' 1729...

No, but I look on Bricklink, because my parents said they may make an account for me. So far, the prices are far to high. Not that I can't afford them, they're just not reasonable.

I always thought Bricklink was good for buying pieces but over priced when buying sets and mini-figures... I'd use eBay for mini-figures myself...

That's no good, was it whilst engaging in piratical activities?

this was just the tip of the iceberg i'm afraid... if i were to buy every good deal i saw i'd still be broke... but i have to admit that all these offers are extremely tempting... another auction i saw was one with two smaller pirate ships, but not at all complete, basically just the hull , railings and mast, for 1.5 as well...

This tip of the iceberg doesn't appear to be consistent all over the world unfortunately, it just seems to apply to central Europe, particularly Belgium, France and I've also seen some quite cheap auctions in Germany. If I was were living in those countries I'd buy up all the cheap LEGO and sell them to parts of the world that would pay good money for them.

i just can't buy everything... i know, it hurts... however, i'll keep a look out for Phes' 1729...

You're such a darling Count Sneffy!

An unhappy Spaniard smashed it with the end of his rifle. :-P I'll think twice before sending an armada to Spain next time.

I always thought Bricklink was good for buying pieces but over priced when buying sets and mini-figures... I'd use eBay for mini-figures myself...

This tip of the iceberg doesn't appear to be consistent all over the world unfortunately, it just seems to apply to central Europe, particularly Belgium, France and I've also seen some quite cheap auctions in Germany. If I was were living in those countries I'd buy up all the cheap LEGO and sell them to parts of the world that would pay good money for them.

You're such a darling Count Sneffy!

1) i wouldn't buy parts on ebay. in my experience, they usually are more expensive

2) the reason why Belgium has low prices has to do with several things:

A) belgium has always been a huge market for lego, so there's lots of 2nd hand lego, pushing down price

B) Ebay Belgium is a very small market. you'd better keep your prices fairly low or nobody will buy your stuff, and it does seem that many sellers will only sell to belgians, making it even more difficult to get high results

however, i it seems to me that several sellers try to push the price by adding extra shipping/posting costs

I sense somewhat of a contridaction in your statements Count Sneffy...

"Belgium has always been a huge market for lego, so there's lots of 2nd hand lego, pushing down price"

but

"I wouldn't buy parts on ebay. in my experience, they usually are more expensive"

If the prices are pushed down then surely pieces sold by Beligan eBay sellers would be cheaper on eBay as BrickLink prices adhere to an international average...

I sense somewhat of a contridaction in your statements Count Sneffy...

"Belgium has always been a huge market for lego, so there's lots of 2nd hand lego, pushing down price"

but

"I wouldn't buy parts on ebay. in my experience, they usually are more expensive"

If the prices are pushed down then surely pieces sold by Beligan eBay sellers would be cheaper on eBay as BrickLink prices adhere to an international average...

hm... sorry for the confusion phes, I should have explained this better... Prices for most sets or incomplete sets are quite good (because of good supply, low demand) compared to BL prices, but prices for parts are rather high. I guess it's because you're not offering 3 or 4 items of a 2x2 plate for instance on ebay for 0.04dollars (or in belgium 0.03

interesting. i think snefroe1 has an interesting observation. often ebayers exploit a finance behavior concept called price reference. bundle a few things to sell for EUR1 although you could get it cheaper from bricklink. this is because the common dollar is disposable for the average human. so it's still a higher utility to the ebayers than to an informed AFOL. taken to the extreme a highly valuable auction consisting of 90 SW OT discountinued huge sets, there may not be many buyers although it could be priced cheaply (say original MSRP of $5000) the auction may not even exceed $2000. even a huge collector fan will not part with $2000 as easily as $1 even if his/her own collection numbered more than $5000. it's a psychological barrier. often it is necessary to break down a super large lot into smaller easily digestible size to maximize the return.