V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, augmented said:

How do you post pictures?

I added your picture into your post.  You need to get the URL of the actual image, which ends in an image file extension like JPG, not the URL where you can browse images. :pir-wink: 

Bee

6 hours ago, Matthias said:

As a collector of pirates I am always searching for sets or merchandise I am not owning. It becomes more and more difficult. But yesterday I have gotten a new part for my collection

I have been looking at getting that set myself tell me what you think of it once you've got it!

The problem is, I will not open the box. I must find a used one. When I got one I will tell you how it is. 

I have one! I like it a lot--the sail and trans-blue octopus are unique to the set, and the graphics on the box are fun. It'll make a great display piece when I have to take the big ships down.

My only problem is I can't seem to find the instructions, either my copy or online... I want to take it apart for cleaning and to check for missing parts, but I can't!

TC

3 hours ago, SodorBricks said:

Bought all these sets! And yes the flagship is complete! :laugh:

Dude... That is a fantastic haul!

Enjoy the IFS. I got mine used too, before prices started skyrocketing.

Nice full series. Might I ask, how much you paid for it in total, and for the IFS? Which is sadly the "only" one missing of the series for me... And the only ship, that is able to rival the old heavy BSB and SES.

11 hours ago, josykay said:

Nice full series. Might I ask, how much you paid for it in total, and for the IFS? Which is sadly the "only" one missing of the series for me... And the only ship, that is able to rival the old heavy BSB and SES.

In total I paid £450! As a break down the pirate serise was £100 and imperial flagship was £350 Which isnt much considering the value of the flagship :laugh:

So the regular series for 100 GBP? Sounds not bad all. It is cheaper than the set's prices when released. :P

Wow, 350 is still a lot of money... but on the other hand, they won't get cheaper...

Edited by josykay

On 11/17/2016 at 10:56 PM, Mister Phes said:

Thanks!  You must have a keen sense of smell. :pir-grin:

Not a lot of money. Excellent deal!...........lucky he got it now a days for this price ;)

4 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Wow!!! That Flagship must have cost a fortune.

We found it at a resonable price, so my parents have stashed it away for my 18th birthday as I now have every large pirate ship except the brick bounty! :pir_laugh2:

Somebody please explain to me the draw of keeping things NISB.  If I buy something, I want to build it.  What is the motivation and enjoyment of collecting sealed boxes?

On 2/28/2017 at 11:16 PM, MEMTJEGO said:

Somebody please explain to me the draw of keeping things NISB.  If I buy something, I want to build it.  What is the motivation and enjoyment of collecting sealed boxes?

Everyone has his own style. FOr me i love to keep them in box for some period of time, but i must build them....Now i am starting to build my sets which i feel so fun!

On 2/28/2017 at 11:16 AM, MEMTJEGO said:

I bought a sealed set once and it was about 2 days before I opened it. It was a fabuland set too, so pretty old. I kinda regret it now, but I also know that I can't have sealed stuff around. I did keep the box however.

I had some sealed modulars I sold recently and used the money to buy used ones (and keep the difference)

I have a few framed lego posters I like to look at, I guess its sort of like that? Just enjoy looking at them  ::shrug::;

Resale value doesn't hurt either. I was shocked with what my sealed stuff sold for, my goodness. So I'm guessing some people also view it as an investment.

Edited by Criosphynx

On 2/28/2017 at 2:16 PM, MEMTJEGO said:

It's a collectors' thing. The better the condition of a collectible item, the more valuable it is. If something is mint sealed in box, in pristine condition, then the item is worth the most money, 9 times out of 10.

As well as LEGO Collectors, Always get at LEAST Two copies of sets that may become collectors' Items. One for you, and one for your portfolio. A great example, citing from heresay, The most valuable Lego Set, based on monetary appreciation over time, is the first edition of the Ultimate Collector Series' Millenium Falcon, which, Mint Sealed in Box, is worth approximately TEN. THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

Also speaking from experience, Got the Aqua Sharks' Minisub Mint sealed in box for $14 from my favorite local LEGO Dealer... Tearing into it, building it with all new pieces, reading the enclosed mini catalogue, showing lego sets available for sale, circa 1997...

It took me back. Pure Nostalgia. I garantee there are people in the community who would be willing to put a price tag on that kind of nostalgia.

Edited by Jevil

I got a chance to get the old classics at a decent price so I finally gave after for temptation :tongue:

6276 Eldorado Fortress

6277 Imperial Trading Post

6274 Caribbean Clipper

6271 Imperial Flagship

Now they are MINE :grin:

@Roebuck Very nice, how much did they run you if you don't mind my asking?

I've been trying to find some of the older sets online myself, but it seems like complete prices are getting more ridiculous every day. I feel like for most of the sets that don't use massive baseplates, it's getting cheaper now to just bricklink the parts.

On another note, I'm not sure it counts as pirates to everybody but I just picked up the 70618-1: Destiny's Bounty and have already started making plans to convert it into a eastern pirate ship.