V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

I just won this :pir-sweet:

6622820147_1212d6f5c6_m.jpg

The first prize for the Pirates Part Plunder contest at Forbidden Cove, I actually won something by competing in a lego contest :pir-cry_happy:

This prize includes: Captain's Cabin, Loot Island and Cannon Battle :pir-wub:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

I got

6241 Loot Island

6239 Cannon Battle

8396 Soldier's Arsenal

8397 Pirate Survival

all new and unopened. I had all but Loot Island already, but one can never get too many pirates, soldiers and cannons.

Edited by Hive

My sister picked me up Whitecap Bay from her local LEGO store with a cool £30 discount (so it cost £40) I'm pretty pleased with that as I'm visiting her on saturday (can't wait to own those mermaids :pir_laugh2: )

I finally got around to cleaning a group of figs I got on eBay a couple months ago. (Ironhook was from BL but the rest from eBay). Here's a photo I took:

7072803939_0befef7828_c.jpg

I looked on BL for a complete fig as they list it there. Only the female is missing legs (easy enough to get). The bluecoats are in pretty good shape. Even have a backpack for the one on the right.

I finally got around to cleaning a group of figs I got on eBay a couple months ago. (Ironhook was from BL but the rest from eBay). Here's a photo I took:

7072803939_0befef7828_c.jpg

I looked on BL for a complete fig as they list it there. Only the female is missing legs (easy enough to get). The bluecoats are in pretty good shape. Even have a backpack for the one on the right.

Those look brand new, nice work on cleaning them.

^^ Yes please share your cleaning technique :pir-classic:

Sure, no problem. I actually cleaned a whole bunch more over the weekend; I'll try and take another photo soon for you all.

So far I've only done some of these small lots of minifigs. If I was faced with a large lot of multiple lbs/kgs of bricks, I would probably use a different method.

But for figs and specialty bricks, I just use a toothbrush and dish soap. Dump all the bricks in the soapy water, brush each with a toothbrush, and then put them in another bowl to soak some more (why not?). Then to rinse, I used a colander/strainer in the kitchen sink and the sink's spray gun attachment. For drying, a combination of air drying and a microfiber cloth. I also used Q-Tips to dry the inside of heads, torsos, and legs.

Also, I used the microfiber towel to buff some gouges and ink stains in some cases. I just folded the microfiber towel a couple times on the surface of the desk, one hand to hold the towel taut, and another with a piece to swipe it back and forth over the towel and buff it. I'm talking about old beat of Lego here of course, but it works pretty well with relatively soft Lego plastic ("ABS").

That reminds me of when I got some old dusty ship hulls from Ebay a few years ago. They came in an old Texas-Toast box, and it took forever to get all of the dust off. They were pretty gross looking when I first got them, but eventually they came out pretty well. I got a big tub of soapy water and scrubbed with a toothbrush like you said. Thanks for sharing your cleaning methods!

Sure, no problem. I actually cleaned a whole bunch more over the weekend; I'll try and take another photo soon for you all.

So far I've only done some of these small lots of minifigs. If I was faced with a large lot of multiple lbs/kgs of bricks, I would probably use a different method.

But for figs and specialty bricks, I just use a toothbrush and dish soap. Dump all the bricks in the soapy water, brush each with a toothbrush, and then put them in another bowl to soak some more (why not?). Then to rinse, I used a colander/strainer in the kitchen sink and the sink's spray gun attachment. For drying, a combination of air drying and a microfiber cloth. I also used Q-Tips to dry the inside of heads, torsos, and legs.

Also, I used the microfiber towel to buff some gouges and ink stains in some cases. I just folded the microfiber towel a couple times on the surface of the desk, one hand to hold the towel taut, and another with a piece to swipe it back and forth over the towel and buff it. I'm talking about old beat of Lego here of course, but it works pretty well with relatively soft Lego plastic ("ABS").

Thanks! I'll try this out on some of my display sets with really dusty figs.

Thanks! I'll try this out on some of my display sets with really dusty figs.

If it's just dust, you might not have to use a toothbrush. You could just swish them around in plain water, maybe.

I've also heard people mention that they use a paintbrush or something with very soft bristles to dust old MOCs or sets that have been on display for a while.

I just recently got another Isla De Muerte set (making it my third... Hey, that set's only $20 and has lots of useful stuff in it), and I finally got around to buying the London Escape set as well.

And yes, for cleaning dirty/dusty LEGO bricks, the best thing is to use a mild detergent and warm (not hot) water with a soft-bristle brush.

Yesterday, I picked up the Black Pearl, POTC battle pack & 3 musketeers from the Lego build a minifig at the Lego store.

I have the london escape, the captain's cabin, isla de muerta, the mill, and the black pearl. :pirate: I want to get all the potc sets.

For those interested in getting a cheap Jack Sparrow.

7270886886_bb03f8dba8_c.jpg

AC

Finally got my beloved Skull Eye Schooner, I got it by a total of 200$ including shipping from Alemania to Costa Rica, it was like new, feeling very satisfied with the results.

Here's some pics of my actual fleet:

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

:pir-classic:

Just got Saber Island and Harbor Sentry for £17 including P&P :pir-sweet: .

Edited by Captain Settle

Ordered the POTC mill the over day in LEGO's sales. Almost got the London escape as well but held back because this summer will be expensive with all the new sets.

I found the Queen Anne's Revenge for $79 on the clearance isle at Walmart last week. I don't have the money but I bought it anyway. I was probably going to pass on it @ $119 (obviously still hadn't bought it), but $79 was too temping. Yay, I finally have a pirate ship!

There were a bunch of POTC sets on the clearance isle but that was the only ship, and the only one at a serious clearance price that I found. The box was a bit beat up (very small hole in one place), but otherwise it still looked sealed. Are they clearing out POTC sets? Hmm...

Edited by domboy

Just picked up the 4184 Black Pearl for a nice £65 of amazon.es along with the POTC Battle Pack! Can't wait to get starting!

By pure luck and coincidence, I managed to find 4191 The Captain's Cabin and 4192 Fountain of Youth at between 54-59 % off! Great bargain, I only wish they had more of the line. But hey, I got myself my first two POTC sets! Yay!

Now if I can only stumble across more such sales...