davidmull

10027 train shed.

Really love the look of this set from 2003. But it's getting very expensive misb.

Have Lego brought out anything similer in recent years?

Also would it be cheaper buy the parts off bricklink? Or has it any rare parts?

Thanks.

David.

The one piece that makes 10027 special is the door 73435c03 (light gray with trans black glass). These are about $25/ 25eur EACH, and this set uses two of them. So those two pieces make up 20% of the total price of a used set (250 eur).

The one piece that makes 10027 special is the door 73435c03 (light gray with trans black glass). These are about $25/ 25eur EACH, and this set uses two of them. So those two pieces make up 20% of the total price of a used set (250 eur).

Thanks rich. Expensive doors. I just love the look of the shed. I also just found out the trains from the recent years won't fit in it.

Had lego not made any type of train shed since that one?

Thanks rich. Expensive doors. I just love the look of the shed. I also just found out the trains from the recent years won't fit in it.

Had lego not made any type of train shed since that one?

They have not. It'd be fairly easy to make some brick built doors with as larger opening though.

I considered bricklinking The 10027 last year, but I found a used one online for about 150 euro. There were some pieces missing, so I had to spend some euros extra, but not much. Another expensive piece is the yellow hand truck, which is 15 euro. You can make the shed without it. My advise is to look out for a used set.

I bricklinked two if these and it worked out only a little cheaper than buying a whole used set.

But it is a nice model but you need two to make it look good.

Most expecive part i found at the time this was 3 years ago was the black roof slopes what set me back $85 NZ to order like the 16 you need for two.

Edited by Lazarus

David, I don't want to be a nag, but you do seem to start a lot of topic these days for which the answer can be fould relatively easy using the search button or having a quick look on brickset.com (every set if listed on that site).

Now, about 10027, if I were you, I'd look for a used one. They can be found for approx 150 euro.

Lego really hasn't made anything of note in the train accessory department since this shed came out.

I imagine it's because it was a flop among everyone but the train people.

If you want to get your hands on one - and especially if you're going to build and display it - I see no reason to look for MISB; used for 150 euro seems very reasonable for a 10 year old set that retailed at probably half that.

Lego really hasn't made anything of note in the train accessory department since this shed came out.

I imagine it's because it was a flop among everyone but the train people.

If you want to get your hands on one - and especially if you're going to build and display it - I see no reason to look for MISB; used for 150 euro seems very reasonable for a 10 year old set that retailed at probably half that.

There over €200 used. But ya I'll keep an eye out thanks.

The expensiveness of MISB sheds could be due to the 9V straight rails included in the set. You might be able to Bricklink the parts and use RC track to help lower the price.

I say that building a 10027 is fun and looks good. However, my version was very expensive at around 450 US dollars. Granted, I made my XL:

13472693363_1ee49e051b_z.jpg

I made it 3 Large baseplates long... that's 96 studs! Anyway, it was modular, so the roof came off and it split into three removable sections... two ends and a middle, plus it was wide enough to let any 8 wide engine through and long enough for my 2-10-4 (originally Sava's 2-8-4) I took the split-apart feature out (I kept the removable roof, though!), but it helps with making a good display. The bad thing is, my model is very large and prone to breaking at the joints (the middle section kept falling apart, but that's fixable!) and is kinda hard to keep the brick-built doors from falling off... plus, my version attracts dust like a magnet.

But all of these are fixable!

Here's the LDD file if you want it: http://www.mocpages....1396033333m.lxf

EDIT: corrected a typeo

Edited by Murdoch17

I wound up BL'ing the set using Dark and Light Bley instead, PF Track, and making it 1 brick higher (to fit the newer trains) and an overall foot print of 32 x 48. I used the 1 x 4 x 6 Light Bley Door frames (because of the 1 brick higher). By doing some selective substitutions for the expensive parts it can become cost effective. I need to post some pics....

Also rare are the two Dark Grey Technic 1x16 bricks with holes. Although I looked in the instructions and they are supporting beams on the inside and the holes aren't required for anything. Could probably be swapped out pretty easily for standard 1x16 bricks. The doors could be swapped pretty easily with the 1 x 4 x 5 door with trans-clear glass if you were trying to stay true to the original design. Although I really like pirzyk's idea of making it a brick higher and changing out the greys.

Edited by Yeow

Also rare are the two Dark Grey Technic 1x16 bricks with holes. Although I looked in the instructions and they are supporting beams on the inside and the holes aren't required for anything. Could probably be swapped out pretty easily for standard 1x16 bricks. The doors could be swapped pretty easily with the 1 x 4 x 5 door with trans-clear glass if you were trying to stay true to the original design. Although I really like pirzyk's idea of making it a brick higher and changing out the greys.

Are them doors the same size but cheaper?

I wound up BL'ing the set using Dark and Light Bley instead, PF Track, and making it 1 brick higher (to fit the newer trains) and an overall foot print of 32 x 48. I used the 1 x 4 x 6 Light Bley Door frames (because of the 1 brick higher). By doing some selective substitutions for the expensive parts it can become cost effective. I need to post some pics....

The original train shed came out just when Lego was changing from light grey/dark grey to light bley/dark bley. Later batches came in the new colors so technically, using bley isn't really a substitution. I bought one of the original batches and the change in color was one of the reasons I never got a second set (like a lot of recent Lego sets, it looks better when you have 2). I would really like to see your pictures!

Dan-147

Here's a pic of my mods:

img_4034.jpg

I added the row of bricks at the bottom, except for the sliding door where the extra row was added above it. I wound up extending the two middle arches from 1 x 6 x 2 to 1 x 8 x 2 bricks. As for the 1 x 16 Technics bricks, there is no reason that you can't use a red instead of the dark bley.

More pics can be seen here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=553218

Edited by pirzyk

Could anyone tell me what more recent trains will fit it the shed please and what won't?

Testing the trains that I have (EN, Maersk, HE, 7938 (Red Passenger train), Santa Fe, and BSNF GP-38) the only one I can't get into the shed is the EN engine, the passenger cars fit if you make sure the doors are all the way closed (very tight clearance). Also with the 7938 and HE make sure the pantograph is all the way down.

The EN needs to have a 2 brick wider opening, not to mention moving some of the interior details. The height seems to be OK.

Testing the trains that I have (EN, Maersk, HE, 7938 (Red Passenger train), Santa Fe, and BSNF GP-38) the only one I can't get into the shed is the EN engine, the passenger cars fit if you make sure the doors are all the way closed (very tight clearance). Also with the 7938 and HE make sure the pantograph is all the way down.

The EN needs to have a 2 brick wider opening, not to mention moving some of the interior details. The height seems to be OK.

That's great thanks. I wonder does 7939 cargo train fit!

What about different colors and more current pieces like this MOD (mine)?

16431826697_ffbb60a458_o.png

Edited by dtomsen