madoka

Madoka's Imperial and Pirate Armies

I haven't collected Pirates in years, but I finally got around to doing a census. I've got:

- 159 Imperial Soldiers

- 367 Imperial Guard

- 53 Armada

imperial_armies_001.jpg

imperial_armies_007.jpg

imperial_soldiers_004.jpg

imperial_armada_002.jpg

And of course they need Pirates and Islanders to fight, so:

- 665 Pirates

- 170 Islanders

pirates_013.jpg

pirates_010.jpg

pirates_003.jpg

islanders_006.jpg

So my total loose population is 1414. I've got another 300-400 still in box.

Holy sh*t! That's amazing! Oh my gods! I mean... Gods... that's amazing...

Edited by Norrington

Wow... and to think I thought I had too many Vikings. You aren't compensating for anything are you? ;-)

8-o Now thats a lot of pirate minifigs

its beautiful *wub*

I wish I had that many Imperial Soldiers

Thanks for sharing

Piranha

Wow... and to think I thought I had too many Vikings. You aren't compensating for anything are you? ;-)

Actually I've thought about this and in all seriousness, I do believe I am compensating for the fact that I only had ONE Lego set as a child. 8-(

If I had the time and space, I'd take pics of my castle population, which is in excess of 10,000 minifigs. ;-)

If I had the time and space, I'd take pics of my castle population, which is in excess of 10,000 minifigs. ;-)

Strewth! What do you do with that many mini-figs? I have around 50,000 pieces of Lego and sometimes I think I am compensating for not enough Lego when I was a boy. (My wife thinks I am!) However, you have more castle minifig pieces than my entire collection! 8-o

Whoa, dude that's incredible X-O

And to think that I only have:

6 Islanders

15 Pirates

2 Imperial Guards

THAT must've taken a lot of time to collect *y*

Do you have all the pirate sets?

Actually I've thought about this and in all seriousness, I do believe I am compensating for the fact that I only had ONE Lego set as a child. 8-(

Sounds familiar, I had more than one set but nothing compared to what other kids had. I had about 10-15 small and medium size sets, nothing major however.

Where did you get all these, if I may ask? Did you gradually buy them on eBay and/or BL or did you buy many new sets during the 90s that you opened up for the minifigs?

I do not own as many minifigs as you but I think I have more Steves and anchor guys!

Anyway, envy on! :-P

Edited by jamtf

That's a very big army, you've even bested Mr Bonaparte in numbers...

That a look in this thread if you want to see his army.

Wish I had that much pirate figs...

Mr Tiber

That is SO impressive!.. really.. Saw the pics already yesterday sometime at BS and i was about to post it this morning, but good that you did it before me :-$

Do you have weapons for all of them too? At the moment it looks loke the Imperial army will win since they are the only ones with guns.

That's a very big army, you've even bested Mr Bonaparte in numbers...

That a look in this thread if you want to see his army.

What? An army that is bigger than my French army? I can't let that happen. Bricklink tonight :-D

Serious, you have an incredible collection of minifigs Madoka.

The reason why I don't call it an army yet, is because it still lacks organization.

I would organize these troops in regiments, corps, make flags and standards.

Are you still planning to do things like this?

However, it's great to see all these figs !

Arms race ON !!

Edited by bonaparte

Judging the number of red imperial guards and the red and black striped shirt pirates with blue bandana, I think he cannibalized many of his sealed 6247 Bounty Boats that he once showed still sitting inside a Lego shipping carton. 8-o

I saw this army while browsing Brickshelf its incredible how many Infantry you have! *wub* As Bonaparte said the only thing it lacks is organization, and a mix of troops to be a real army. (Calvary, Artillery, etc.)

Holy Mother of all things sacred.

Also, did you just say 10.000 castle minifigs? As in TEN THOUSAND? The words "in awe" are not enough to describe my feelings.

To answer some of the questions in this thread:

1. Yes, I went Pirate complete a several years ago. That's about when I stopped actively collecting any Pirate.

2. I bought the vast majority as sets back in the mid-90s. I used to sell my spares before BL existed on RTL. I believe I was one of the first major online dealers at the time. Only Todd's Auczilla was bigger.

3. Yes, I have weapons for all the figs. I'm almost compulsive about it. However, it would take me double the time to display them all with their weapons, so I didn't. Really, I wanted to a do census of what I got so I'm currently concentrating on the collections that aren't actively growing right now. I'm working on Ninja and then I'll do Space afterwards.

4. I actually organize my castle forces much more. I don't have any plans on organizing Pirates, though I have hundreds of canons and horses I could use I suppose.

5. Yes, I've got well over 10,000 castle minifigs. Individual armies are now numbering in the thousands, so I don't know how I'm going to be able to take pics of that many. Castle is where the vast majority of my resources goes into. I've also got the largest Lego barding collection in the world. I'm around 1,000 pieces. Man, that took a long time and a scary amount of money to get that many bardings.

1. Yes, I went Pirate complete a several years ago. That's about when I stopped actively collecting any Pirate.

2. I bought the vast majority as sets back in the mid-90s. I used to sell my spares before BL existed on RTL. I believe I was one of the first major online dealers at the time. Only Todd's Auczilla was bigger.

Ah, that explains. I got a little late out of a 20+ years dark age so I did not get any pirate sets in the 90s and was forced to buy the majority of them online in the 21st century at (sometimes) high prices and without the possibility of buying huge amounts of sets for army building let alone store discounts that were most likely applicable back then. :-/

5. Yes, I've got well over 10,000 castle minifigs. Individual armies are now numbering in the thousands, so I don't know how I'm going to be able to take pics of that many. Castle is where the vast majority of my resources goes into. I've also got the largest Lego barding collection in the world. I'm around 1,000 pieces. Man, that took a long time and a scary amount of money to get that many bardings.

It would not be (financially) sane to copy that sort of spending behaviour now since the older bardings are fetching well over $10 a piece on BL. 8-o

3. Yes, I have weapons for all the figs. I'm almost compulsive about it. However, it would take me double the time to display them all with their weapons, so I didn't. Really, I wanted to a do census of what I got so I'm currently concentrating on the collections that aren't actively growing right now. I'm working on Ninja and then I'll do Space afterwards.

4. I actually organize my castle forces much more. I don't have any plans on organizing Pirates, though I have hundreds of canons and horses I could use I suppose.

I have to ask, what do you do for a living?

You don't have to answer.... ;-)

wow! that is certainly larger than the clone army of about 590 soldiers on brickshelf. It is the largest yet, and I respect thee. Must have taken up a lot of time, eh? Remember, I myself am building one, so watch out.Hehe :-D