Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

Okay, so big news for me, potential hints for future sets. Honestly have no idea if it means anything or not so take this with a huge grain of salt.

For those that don't know, I'm a writer/ artist. I've worked with comic companies like Image and Bongo, I've done storyboards for other companies like Warner and Paramount and the past year and a bit have landed a semi-regular writing gig at Cartoon Network, writing episodes for shows like Regular Show, Steven Universe and Gumball. With my backstory out of the way the past 2 or so months I have been attached to an upcoming DC project Cartoon Network has in the works. Yesterday I was locked in as a writer, which if that wasn't exciting enough, I was sent an email by my boss this afternoon giving me a basic outline of the basic direction of the show (It's very different but very good trust me), and what they want from me.

Here is the exciting bit. Obviously as a geek, I am over the moon to be writing a DC property, and if that wasn't good enough I do believe I have a good chance in influencing what LEGO may put in future sets. Parts of the email said things like, (and these are obviously paraphrased to avoid spoilers) "Don't be afraid to use new characters", "Keep them family friendly as this is a children's show, but remember to stay faithful to the character", and probably the part that stuck out to me the most; "Talk with lead designers about your vision of these characters as they will play a huge part in the creation of your ideas. From storyboards, to television, to toy shelves."

Now while heavily paraphrased, those same messages were basically repeated 3 or 4 times throughout. It seems very likely (To me at least) that CN is wanting to make toys off this property, with a focus on some of the more obscure characters. And LEGO is almost guaranteed in that regard, with Beware the Batman & Teen Titans Go both getting LEGO treatment, it's almost certain this property will at some point as well. Whether or not they make sets or figures based on the characters I use just is in the grey area, as we haven't got a Jinx or Trigon from TTG, neither have we a Pyg or Metamorpho from BtB.

I obviously I won't be sharing the characters I'll be using or what I've heard from the show, as I don't want to get in to any trouble. But if anything should be taken from this it's expect a wider and more diverse range of characters from DC. Expect either next year or the year after to have a focus on the obscure characters. Because if I'm right and the characters I use are put into LEGO, Batman might finally take a backseat.

Wow, what an incredible achievement Coca-Cola!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the show, I'm a really big fan of Cartoon Network's previous DC shows (Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and especially Young Justice)! I'm glad to hear that there may be a very diverse range of characters this time around, as that's something I loved about those other shows! As cool as Batman can be, time for him to take a backseat and let under-appreciated characters shine, for sure. :thumbup:

(Insert subtle hint that I really want to see Wally West) :laugh:

Well done on the achievement, again!

Wow, what an incredible achievement Coca-Cola!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the show, I'm a really big fan of Cartoon Network's previous DC shows (Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and especially Young Justice)! I'm glad to hear that there may be a very diverse range of characters this time around, as that's something I loved about those other shows! As cool as Batman can be, time for him to take a backseat and let under-appreciated characters shine, for sure. :thumbup:

(Insert subtle hint that I really want to see Wally West) :laugh:

Well done on the achievement, again!

Only signed on for two episodes, and it's fairly common that these deals get scrapped, plus the due date makes me believe it will be season 2, meaning if season 1 doesn't do well this all may be totally irrelevant. However I do really appreciate that, I definitely feel the weight on my shoulders. I have known about it for a second now and am still very hyped to have this opportunity, so thank you!

Wally is definitely one of my favorites, and that is all I have to say about that

Justice League Action Characters:

27568797852_fcbd037aa4.jpg

(From top to bottom; left to right: Blue Beetle, Riddler, Doctor Fate, Shazam, Doctor Light, ?, Joker, Swamp Thing, Firestorm, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Big Barda, ?, Harley Quinn, Hawkman, Lobo, Satan Girl, & Lex Luthor)

Edited by Sir Gareth

Doctor Light, Satan Girl & Lex Luthor are definitely up there :classic: . I have only seen scripts, not any designs so to guess on any of the others might be too risky as there are a handful of characters they could be.

Edited by Coca-Cola

Doctor Light, Satan Girl & Lex Luthor are definitely up there :classic: . I have only seen scripts, not any designs so to guess on any of the others might be too risky as there are a handful of characters they could be.

Thanks again, Coca-Cola! :wink:

Wow you wrote for Regular Show? I have 100% faith you'll do good on the new JL show. Make sure you give Supemans family a lot of love.

I hope the new JL show gives us a lot of cool toys including Lego.

Okay, so big news for me, potential hints for future sets. Honestly have no idea if it means anything or not so take this with a huge grain of salt.

For those that don't know, I'm a writer/ artist. I've worked with comic companies like Image and Bongo, I've done storyboards for other companies like Warner and Paramount and the past year and a bit have landed a semi-regular writing gig at Cartoon Network, writing episodes for shows like Regular Show, Steven Universe and Gumball. With my backstory out of the way the past 2 or so months I have been attached to an upcoming DC project Cartoon Network has in the works. Yesterday I was locked in as a writer, which if that wasn't exciting enough, I was sent an email by my boss this afternoon giving me a basic outline of the basic direction of the show (It's very different but very good trust me), and what they want from me.

Here is the exciting bit. Obviously as a geek, I am over the moon to be writing a DC property, and if that wasn't good enough I do believe I have a good chance in influencing what LEGO may put in future sets. Parts of the email said things like, (and these are obviously paraphrased to avoid spoilers) "Don't be afraid to use new characters", "Keep them family friendly as this is a children's show, but remember to stay faithful to the character", and probably the part that stuck out to me the most; "Talk with lead designers about your vision of these characters as they will play a huge part in the creation of your ideas. From storyboards, to television, to toy shelves."

Now while heavily paraphrased, those same messages were basically repeated 3 or 4 times throughout. It seems very likely (To me at least) that CN is wanting to make toys off this property, with a focus on some of the more obscure characters. And LEGO is almost guaranteed in that regard, with Beware the Batman & Teen Titans Go both getting LEGO treatment, it's almost certain this property will at some point as well. Whether or not they make sets or figures based on the characters I use just is in the grey area, as we haven't got a Jinx or Trigon from TTG, neither have we a Pyg or Metamorpho from BtB.

I obviously I won't be sharing the characters I'll be using or what I've heard from the show, as I don't want to get in to any trouble. But if anything should be taken from this it's expect a wider and more diverse range of characters from DC. Expect either next year or the year after to have a focus on the obscure characters. Because if I'm right and the characters I use are put into LEGO, Batman might finally take a backseat.

I know you have plans and can't say anything. But I would love to see Ra's al ghul and his daughters as villians on the show. I think I spotted him on the concept art but I can't tell if it's him.

Updated the OP with information regarding the LEGO Batman Movie sets.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Today there was a set visit video released for justice league and there are a few things like the team jet a new batmobel. Hopefully we get them all in lego

From a recap of the set visit from Birth. Movies. Death.

The first half of the movie is about Batman recruiting the team (I reported that like two years ago, by the way), and he does it using a couple of cool new vehicles whose concept art we saw. One is the Knight Crawler, an all-terrain vehicle that has four big spider legs instead of wheels. Batman uses it to climb around places, like inside an abandoned tunnel under Stryker's Island, halfway between Gotham and Metropolis. Concept art showed us that in that tunnel he uses a flamethrower on the Knight Crawler to toast some Parademons.

sounds like a likely Lego set.

Edited by jurrobear

From a recap of the set visit from Birth. Movies. Death.

sounds like a likely Lego set.

My first thought hearing about it too. I could easily see this being a mid-range price with a couple of parademons.

My first thought hearing about it too. I could easily see this being a mid-range price with a couple of parademons.

Probably with another member of the justice league as well

The other new vehicle is the Flying Fox, a giant aircraft that looked larger than a B-52 Stratofortress -- Batman can park the Batmobile inside it and it has multiple floors -- and serves as a mobile command center for the Justice League. The cockpit is closer to the back of the craft than a traditional aircraft whose cockpit is at the front. Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth retrofitted the Flying Fox for the needs of this mission.

This is a post from IGN regarding a troop transport from the Justice League movie. THIS would make an awesome Lego set but it would have to be $120 to $150 to do its size justice.

The other new vehicle is the Flying Fox, a giant aircraft that looked larger than a B-52 Stratofortress -- Batman can park the Batmobile inside it and it has multiple floors -- and serves as a mobile command center for the Justice League. The cockpit is closer to the back of the craft than a traditional aircraft whose cockpit is at the front. Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth retrofitted the Flying Fox for the needs of this mission.

This is a post from IGN regarding a troop transport from the Justice League movie. THIS would make an awesome Lego set but it would have to be $120 to $150 to do its size justice.

It would probably have like 3-4 members of the justice league Alfred and maybe commisonor Gordon and the main bad guy

Edited by Falconfan1414

With a JL centric wave I'd hope to see something along these lines

Superman and Atom vs Doomsday

Wonder Woman and Firestorm vs Cheetah

Flash and Hawkgirl vs Reverse Flash

Green Lantern and Red Tornado vs Star Sapphire

Aquaman and Doctor Fate vs Solomon Grundy

This would only be if there is space for a comic based wave (please!)

With a JL centric wave I'd hope to see something along these lines

Superman and Atom vs Doomsday

Wonder Woman and Firestorm vs Cheetah

Flash and Hawkgirl vs Reverse Flash

Green Lantern and Red Tornado vs Star Sapphire

Aquaman and Doctor Fate vs Solomon Grundy

This would only be if there is space for a comic based wave (please!)

Those sound pretty great (especially the idea of finally getting a Reverse Flash figure, especially one based on the comics) but unfortunately I think 2016 could be the end of the comic-based JL sets for a while. We might have a few in the opening half of 2017, accompanying a bit of Wonder Woman, but come the back half of 2017 it'll all be based on the Justice League movie.

Based on what we know about Justice League, we'll definitely be getting a Crawler set based on the battle in the tunnel, and I'd say we're basically guaranteed to get a Flying Fox too. The costume descriptions sound like we'll get some great detailed minifigures out of the movie line. :thumbup:

Those sound pretty great (especially the idea of finally getting a Reverse Flash figure, especially one based on the comics) but unfortunately I think 2016 could be the end of the comic-based JL sets for a while. We might have a few in the opening half of 2017, accompanying a bit of Wonder Woman, but come the back half of 2017 it'll all be based on the Justice League movie.

Based on what we know about Justice League, we'll definitely be getting a Crawler set based on the battle in the tunnel, and I'd say we're basically guaranteed to get a Flying Fox too. The costume descriptions sound like we'll get some great detailed minifigures out of the movie line. :thumbup:

I'd assume it'd be

Jan-Comic Wave (3-5 sets)

Mar-Wonder Woman (1-3 sets)

Aug-JL (4-6 sets)

Isn't Star Sapphire a heroine now? It should be Green Lantern, Red Tornado and Star Sapphire vs Larfleeze, Sinestro or Atrocitus.

Edited by barneynedward

Isn't Star Sapphire a heroine now? It should be Green Lantern, Red Tornado and Star Sapphire vs Larfleeze, Sinestro or Atrocitus.

Yeah, just thought she'd be a bit more recognisable than Larfleeze and as for Atrocitus 3 big figs in one wave would seem a bit much. However I'd be down for any new DC characters :)

We know Batman's costume already, it has been found in this picture. Also, the flash costume is there!

http://cde.cinescape.com.pe/ima/0/0/1/2/9/129348.jpg

Also, it's rumored that batman will have white eyes for his normal costume!

Did you guys hear about cyborg having a 100% cgi costume? So disappointing, but look forward to the movie sets and the minifigures.

Apparently superman will return in the end of the film with longer hair... Imagine a long haired superman in Lego haha.

Next year should be very interesting for DC Lego.

With Watchmen possibly having a big role in Rebirth, do you think we could get some actual Watchmen sets? I'd kill for Rorschach & Comedian minifigures.

With Watchmen possibly having a big role in Rebirth, do you think we could get some actual Watchmen sets? I'd kill for Rorschach & Comedian minifigures.

Seeing as the movie was like 6 years ago and comics seem to have stopped (I at least haven't heard anything about them other than Dr Manhattan in Rebirth) I don't think we'll really be seeing them. Also they are rather dark for kids sets (movie has gore, swearing, rape, nudity and Jeffrey Dean Morgan)

Seeing as the movie was like 6 years ago and comics seem to have stopped (I at least haven't heard anything about them other than Dr Manhattan in Rebirth) I don't think we'll really be seeing them. Also they are rather dark for kids sets (movie has gore, swearing, rape, nudity and Jeffrey Dean Morgan)

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is confirmed to corrupt kids instantly to 17% of those exposed.

And I doubt there's any way we'd ever get them, even in-continuity now. Some things that were already tied to canon will never appear; see Victor Zsasz.

Well, we still got Deadpool, even though it was before the movie was announced. I think it really depends on how they get portrayed in Rebirth, I doubt it'll be as dark as the original.