Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know this more of a question for the movie discussion instead, but seriously, was that four armed lizard monster in the film really supposed to be Godzilla? *huh* It almost seemed like it was like a generic replacement for the character after licensing negotiations hypothetically fell through for the character's appearance.

That was the Kraken from Clash of the Titans (1981):

Bildergebnis für the kraken clash of the titans

https://www.google.ch/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiUuKnWgdnUAhVHnBoKHa90A5YQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaterbyte.com%2Fbluray-uhd-reviews%2Fclash-of-the-titans-1981-blu-ray-review.html&psig=AFQjCNEikiZsWsgwVq-qxezkmA_9bs084Q&ust=1498480665836730

Back to topic: 

Maybe this D2C set is the one that Marcos Bessa has mentioned in a recent interview? :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

OK, thanks! Didn't know that since most people and references including Wikipedia credit the character as Godzilla. :shrug_confused:

By the way, which Marcos Bessa interview are you speaking of?

This one: 

It's somewhere near the end of the video :wink: Marcos states that he won't have that much time to design huge D2C sets any more due to the responsibilities that come with his new position within TLG, but that a new D2C designed by him still comes out in December (which is a weird date by the way, usually it's the first of January) :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This one: 

It's somewhere near the end of the video :wink: Marcos states that he won't have that much time to design huge D2C sets any more due to the responsibilities that come with his new position within TLG, but that a new D2C designed by him still comes out in December (which is a weird date by the way, usually it's the first of January) :thumbup:

Well, this now makes a lot of sense! In a press release for TLNM sets, Lego stated that Garmadon's walking shark mech (presumably) would be released as a set for December this year, effectively placing the winter 2018 wave a month ahead for release for Christmas. Many are speculating the same is being done for the third TLBM wave.

I would be certainly glad if Lego were to release their winter wave in December. It's a lot more convenient for Christmas shopping and considering my birthday is in October it's a shorter time to preserve my funds

Edited by Duncan Young

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I would be certainly glad if Lego were to release their winter wave in December. It's a lot more convenient for Christmas shopping and considering my birthday is in October it's a shorter time to preserve my funds

It's exactly what they do in America just not anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

It's exactly what they do in America just not anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

They've never done it in America before to the best of my knowledge. 

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They've never done it in America before to the best of my knowledge. 

1HY 2017 was released in December 2016, wether it was the release date agreed by companies is another question.

Oh my goodness, an Iceberg Lounge set would melt my nerd heart. It could be based on the the Arkham games/Assault on Arkham representation with the central podium for Penguin and a pit for Solomon Grundy. I love that idea so much, shame it'll never happen. :/

12 minutes ago, J4ck said:

1HY 2017 was released in December 2016, wether it was the release date agreed by companies is another question.

Not officially by Lego. Based on Just2Good's info about this Ninjago Movie set, it sounds like Lego is officially releasing these sets on December 1st. 

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Not officially by Lego. Based on Just2Good's info about this Ninjago Movie set, it sounds like Lego is officially releasing these sets on December 1st. 

Maybe it's because Lego knows that they can't fight it so they're doing it anyway?

On 6/26/2017 at 0:54 AM, J4ck said:

Maybe it's because Lego knows that they can't fight it so they're doing it anyway?

They did this once intentionally with the last wave of the Hobbit. I have a US catalog from that year with "Available December 1st" on all the sets in the wave

6 hours ago, Super Fish Oil said:

Even last year four TLBM sets were released for Christmas.

Yeah, but that was on November 27th and it wasn't a whole wave. 

10 hours ago, Super Fish Oil said:

Even last year four TLBM sets were released for Christmas.

That was only in America (and maybe a few other countries?)

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

That was only in America (and maybe a few other countries?)

America as in the US not here in Canada 

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, but that was on November 27th and it wasn't a whole wave. 

You're right, I'm wrong. Three days before December isn't in time for Christmas at all.

My point was that it still happened, and it wasn't even a tie-in to a movie release like The Hobbit. And still, it was more sets than are supposed to be released for TLBM now. :shrug_oh_well:

I guess if it happens with TLNM and any other themes that's more sets than normal.

Edit: Actually, speaking of Ninjago, I think the Rebooted wave was released in December too.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

1 hour ago, Super Fish Oil said:

You're right, I'm wrong. Three days before December isn't in time for Christmas at all.

My point was that it still happened, and it wasn't even a tie-in to a movie release like The Hobbit. And still, it was more sets than are supposed to be released for TLBM now. :shrug_oh_well:

I guess if it happens with TLNM and any other themes that's more sets than normal.

Edit: Actually, speaking of Ninjago, I think the Rebooted wave was released in December too.

Sorry, I was just pointing out that it was even weirder since it wasn't at the start of December like these sets. Maybe they just decided to make their own movie sets release earlier for Christmas? It makes more sense if that's the case, I think. On Brickset their database says that the Rebooted sets released on December 13th, and I remember buying a couple for Christmas too. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

1 hour ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

do you think there will any reveal of the winter sets at comic con? both for the normal dc line and lego batman movie?

Yeah, I'm expecting reveals for at least one set for TLBM, maybe a regular set and perhaps all three Mighty Micros of DC like last year, if that will continue as a trend.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeah, I'm expecting reveals for at least one set for TLBM, maybe a regular set and perhaps all three Mighty Micros of DC like last year, if that will continue as a trend.

Hopefully the Mighty Micros will be revealed early like last year then shown off at SDCC.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

SDCC is coming fast, any bets on what the other two MM's are? Point given to every correct answer.

Ummm, TLBM Batmobile and TLBM Joker's Notorious Lowrider.