goatman461

[MOC] Mini-Y-Wing & Mini-ISD

I'm putting a Planet Series mobile back together for a Spring LUG event and decided to update my previous Y-Wing and add an ISB to the mix. There's a lot of inspiration from other builders in the Y-wing especially (from Miro Dudas in particular

15522104303_f53c570a7f_t.jpgX-wing Y-Wing Redux by Miro78, on Flickr)

I hope y'all like them. Please leave suggestions for improvements.

16442863602_2bba702288_c.jpg

Mini-Y-Wing by goatman461, on Flickr

16442863952_e0e81bb71b_c.jpg

Mini-ISD by goatman461, on Flickr

Edited by goatman461

The Y-Wing is just soooooo gigantic spot on!

With this model you could easily do some dioramas of a Y-Wing squadron....oooh the ideas! ;-)

I really like the Y-wing! I'm working on a larger version myself, but yours is excellent. The best I've seen at this scale...

I really like the Y-wing, too. Not to be picky, but maybe the engine spars should be a bit longer.

Thank you for all of the kind comments.

I really like the Y-wing, too. Not to be picky, but maybe the engine spars should be a bit longer.

I agree and I plan to change that as soon as I get the parts. I only had 4 of those longer lbg bars

Great models! I have a soft spot for this scale. I like the economy of size, small and easy to display and collect, but big enough to get some clever details in. The little Star Destroyer looks like a model (8099) of a model (6211) of a model (10030) of a model (studio model), I luv it!

For my mini y-wings, I've replaced the bars with longer LEGO rigid 3mm hose for the engine spars. When you use four of them, they're good about staying in shape at this scale.

Thanks for posting these, looking forward to seeing your other planet builds.

I'm putting a Planet Series mobile back together for a Spring LUG event and decided to update my previous Y-Wing and add an ISB to the mix. There's a lot of inspiration from other builders in the Y-wing especially (from Miro Dudas in particular

15522104303_f53c570a7f_t.jpgX-wing Y-Wing Redux by Miro78, on Flickr)

I hope y'all like them. Please leave suggestions for improvements.

Glad to inspire you try your hand at a mini Y-wing.

Here is a LDD LXF file https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing of the Mini X-wing and Y-wing, as tagged by the OP in my Flickr photo https://www.flickr.c...78/15522104303/

Enjoy,

Miro

Edited by BEAVeR
Please do not quote images unless necessary