CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

21304 Doctor Who - $59.99 - Released December 1st

• Includes 12th Doctor, Clara, 11th Doctor, Dalek (x2), and Weeping Angel Minifigures
  • Contains 632 Pieces
  • This is the 11th released Lego IDEAS Set

2132281-o_1a0s11p8b1v6c1j2rf8k1rmg1l4qa-blog-huge.jpg2133006-o_1a0slu9hp1ed2qrf1v9h15892vja-blog-huge.jpg

2132293-o_1a0s187a5mmo9ne1pq1t8gcndk-blog-huge.jpg2132289-o_1a0s15ibo1kp1d4j1inp1h8o1fkkf-blog-huge.jpg

2132285-o_1a0s12pa1g5b13ikcf1oi41nnga-blog-huge.jpg2133010-o_1a0slv7l227fqec11ka1rmkk9f-blog-huge.jpg

Construct a stunningly detailed LEGO® version of the iconic TARDIS® and role-play the Doctor’s time-travel adventures! Created by fan-designer Andrew Clark and selected by LEGO Ideas members, this set is based on the BBC’s popular and long-running television series about a Time Lord – the Doctor – exploring the universe in a blue police box. Due to trans-dimensional engineering, the TARDIS is bigger on the inside than the outside and this cool multifunctional set includes the console room that houses all the flight controls. Regenerate the Doctor and defeat the evil Daleks™ and a Weeping Angel with the help of his extraordinary companion Clara. Then close the doors of the TARDIS and launch into another dimension! Includes 4 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: the Eleventh Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, Clara Oswald and a Weeping Angel, plus 2 Daleks™.

Press Release Blog Post

21367626763_349cd00ace_n.jpg21976571432_d9fc3d14eb_n.jpg21976685982_1a70236a75_n.jpg

Original post:

As confirmed in the results of the new LEGO Ideas Review, we're getting a LEGO Doctor Who set!

Rumored information from Hulk_Smash:

Information: it is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two (new, different from Dimensions) Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.

Also it comes out on December 1st

2rzuh4k.jpg

Personally, I'm not a Doctor Who fan, but I'm kind of excited to see what they do.

image.jpg1_4.jpg

image_7.jpg

Discuss!

Edited by Captain Nemo
Additional Edits

Thats great, and at the same time icky. hopefully they pick the right minifigures for it.......

Doctor 10, 11 , 12 seems maybe a relatively safe option with kids.

This might go the way of Minecraft microbuilds and turn into a semi theme.

Seems cool to me. :thumbup: There's so many Doctors and companions and enemies that I'm afraid of what we'll end up getting, though. I've always thought that this theme would do good if it followed the path of the Simpsons; a semi large set with key characters as well as a CMF series for the rest (in this case, the thirteen Doctors and perhaps a few enemies and/or key companions like Sarah Jane).

Really, I'm just hoping for 10 and 11 in the set. 12 is probably a given seeing as he's the current Doctor, but the other figures depends on the size of the set.

Here is the official accouncement on the BBC site:

LEGO Doctor Who to materialise later in 2015

Doctor 10, 11 , 12 seems maybe a relatively safe option with kids.

I'd love a 9 since he is by far my favourite (and my 1st Doctor)

But as I cosplayed 1 a few times I hope we will get a version of him too :wub: (Considering it's most likely his face we see in the announcement chances aren't htat bad IMO)

I'M BESIDE MYSELF WITH JOY!!! ITS FINALLY HAPPENED, I THINK JUDGING BY THE BBC'S TEASER IMAGE CAPALDI WILL SEE LEGO FORM. Personally i could see it either being the exterior with the 12th doctor, a companion (most likely clara) and a couple of monsters, maybe if they pushed the boat out they could have large set with interior of capaldi's tardis and the exterior with maybe 11, 12 and 10 and their main companions and a couple of monsters. Probably a bit early to think about it but i'm really hoping for a war doctor along the line. In all honesty Capaldi, Clara, a dalek, and another couple of monsters with the exterior of capaldi's tardis would make me happy by itself, but multiple doctors....now that would cause my mind to explode..

http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-lego-ideas-doctor-set-rumor/ INTERESTING RUMOUR....Posted before lego's announcement... if this is true then wow!!

Such angry eyebrows. Thats a new hairpiece. in this artwork. hopefully it'll have that in the set. Might have been a BBC requirement, might mean that we get mroe than jsut an ideas set. might mean the hairpiece is in some other upcoming set of CMF to justify the cost considering ideas sets don't get new molds.

2rzuh4k.jpg

Edited by deskp

I'M BESIDE MYSELF WITH JOY!!! ITS FINALLY HAPPENED, I THINK JUDGING BY THE BBC'S TEASER IMAGE CAPALDI WILL SEE LEGO FORM.

They did say that it was just fan art on top. :wink:

I'm seriously hoping that it's an interior/exterior set. An exterior isn't too playable for kids, at least not as much as the interior would be. If there is an interior, there is no doubt in my mind it would be Capaldi's (though I wouldn't turn down Eccleston's/Tennant's :grin:).

Meh, I've never really managed to get into Dr Who. It's really nice for the fans though, I know there's a lot of them out there.

It looks like TLG is getting all the licenses Cobi used to own. :grin:

They did say that it was just fan art on top. :wink:

Um give me the quote i cant find where they say that.

Holy s***, it's finally official :wub: I can't wait to see what we'll get, personally I hope for the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Doctor and one companion each (Rose, Martha/Donna, Amy, Clara), along with a Dalek, a Cyberman and a Weeping Angel... wait, that's 11 minifigs already, I'm afraid we won't get that many :sadnew: Only thing we know for sure is that it'll include at least one incarnation of the Doctor and at least one companion :laugh:

Holy s***, it's finally official :wub: I can't wait to see what we'll get, personally I hope for the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Doctor and one companion each (Rose, Martha/Donna, Amy, Clara), along with a Dalek, a Cyberman and a Weeping Angel... wait, that's 11 minifigs already, I'm afraid we won't get that many :sadnew: Only thing we know for sure is that it'll include at least one incarnation of the Doctor and at least one companion :laugh:

The rumour on the Brickfan appears to suggest all 13 incarnations of the doctor in the set possibly, that could be cool.

Yeah looks good, just seen that the big bang theory has also been approved.

Gutted that both the Batman and X-Men sets were rejected.

Um give me the quote i cant find where they say that.

I apologize I misread it. :blush: It says fan concept right under the picture and I took tht for the image of Capaldi himself.

The rumour on the Brickfan appears to suggest all 13 incarnations of the doctor in the set possibly, that could be cool.

The rumor comes from eurobricks.. So don't think it hold any extra emaning cause brickfan posted it.

I haven't read the original psot myself.

Yeah, Eurobricks's very own lightningtiger initially reported this, but I think he was talking about a whole potential theme back then and not specifically about the Ideas set :wink: I'd explode with joy if that was true, but if it was, the set would contain at least 20 minifigs when counting both companions and enemies :laugh: I'm so excited to hear more :wub:

I'm not a fan, but congrats to those who are. I'm just glad Wall-e also made it!

A "CMF" series for this particular license seems a no-brainer; it'd be an ideal way to get all the incarnations of the title character, and a bunch of other characters besides.

The fact this particular Doctor Who project was chosen even though the other one under review hit 10,000 votes first must mean the set will be closer to this project's description than the other one, so let's take a look at that:

The iconic Tardis sits where it all began, Totters Lane. The scene is a typical London street, with brick wall/fencing and lamp post with Totters Lane sign. The Doctor and his companion stand outside with K9 ready for adventures. The Tardis opens up to become the inner Tardis walls and can be placed next to the console where the Doctor controls their journey through time.

The set includes:

Tardis, exterior / interior walls.

(LEGO if you don't want to use the frame and "glass" part of my Tardis design that's ok)

Interior console ( LEGO can choose if they want the full, console and tilt damage )

street/Interior base.

K9 (18 parts)

1 Dalek red, or gray (25 parts) (assuming Lego can get the license)

Minifigs (most have dual printed face, happy and shocked )

1 and possibly 2 Doctors. An older and more recent Doctor, so older and younger fans have a Doctor.

For the more recent Doctor, I propose Tennant, or maybe Capaldi, who is the latest incarnation. For the other I propose the 4th Doctor Tom Baker, and possibly Sara Jane as his companion. I am open for LEGO to choose the Doctor/s

2 Companions (Rose Tyler if Tennant is chosen, or Clara Oswald if Capaldi is chosen.

(Possiblility of 1) Weeping Angel (Face printed on both sides)

(Possiblility of 1) Cyberman

If LEGO likes the idea, a sound brick for the iconic Tardis sound.

Due to the nature of the set fans may buy 2 sets. One to have the Tardis on the street scene, and another to have the Tardis unfolded to become the inner walls placed next to console.

Total part count including Minifigs around 530 (less if just the top of the console is chosen)

So... One or two Doctors, K-9, two non-K-9 companions, a Dalek, and perhaps a Cyberman or Weeping Angel. My guess: at a minimum, I think that'll be one Doctor, K-9, another companion and a Dalek. I could see them eschewing a second human companion to cut down on costs, but K-9 would of course be built using common and inexpensive elements, so I think he'll make it in. K-9's inclusion would in turn probably help determine which Doctor(s) we'd get, since he hasn't been seen in adventures with all thirteen incarnations, and they'd probably want Doctors and companions that "go together" better. Daleks are of course the classic adversaries from this series, and like K-9 would be built using "regular" parts rather than the more costly minifigure elements, so I think it's all but given there'll be at least one.

That's my guess, as I said. But of course, I'd love to see more. :)

Yeah looks good, just seen that the big bang theory has also been approved.

Gutted that both the Batman and X-Men sets were rejected.

I was more looking forward to the Ghostbusters firehouse but like the Batman and X-men submissions, I supposed it was too big for a LEGO Ideas set. They typically go for smaller or medium sets, probably because of the more affordable price and because it is easier for them to make those sets without new pieces.

^K-9 can be just a fun extra, I certainly wouldnt base minifigure choises around him.

Edited by deskp

I guess its time to watch Dr. Who again, I saw all the episodes featuring 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 but nothing recently as work / kids other stuff got in the way.

Wondering if a William Hartnell MF be in black & white?

^K-9 can be ust a fun extra, i certainly wouldnt base minifigure choises around him.

I wouldn't think so, but R2-D2 counts as a mini fig in Star Wars, meaning K-9 may count as a minifig here. :thumbdown:

Wondering if a William Hartnell MF be in black & white?

I guess since we have seen the official replica of his costume in the "Adventure in Time and Space" movie, it will probably based on this costume's colors.

I wouldn't think so, but R2-D2 counts as a mini fig in Star Wars, meaning K-9 may count as a minifig here. :thumbdown:

But R2 used newly introduced parts (legs and torso) back then, so it technically was a "special mini figure mold"... Then again, we didn't even get a Slimer with the Ecto-1, so wko knows what TLC will do this time....

The fact that the selected IDEA used the NEW/CURRENT tardis, might have been part of why that was selected. on top of being a very good presentation.